#51 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,609 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (Jspiral @ Oct 13 2010, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just feel there are better ways for a person to focus their frustrations. But then again I'm a different kind of competitor. I shut my mouth and go out there and work my butt off. If you get the best of me then I'll congratulate you on a good game with a sincere smile. I will not give you the satisfaction of showing negative emotions. Then I'll take a look at why it was you got the best of me and I'll rectify it so I can come back and get me some. biggrin.gif

Do you wanna be Captain! ots.gif

#52 hail2ducks

hail2ducks

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Sojourn @ Oct 13 2010, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look, we get it. You're a big Getzlaf fan. Do you realize that you're adding nothing to the conversation? All I'm seeing from your posts is a Getzlaf homer who thinks Getzlaf is God's gift to hockey. Well, guess what? Based on what I'm seeing Getzlaf thinks the exact same thing, and he's not making any friends here because of it.

what the F are you talking about, all im doing is following what everyone else is saying, lets take it away from him...ok im down with that, if it makes all the fans happy, then screw it, lets do it!! its all about the fans

#53 Jspiral

Jspiral

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (HockeyHeaven @ Oct 13 2010, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you wanna be Captain! ots.gif

Sure....do you play NHL11? lol

#54 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,609 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Jspiral @ Oct 13 2010, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did last night. The Ducks kicked Chicago in the kiwis, 6-2!

#55 Sojourn

Sojourn

Legend

• Members
  • 7,880 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Jspiral @ Oct 13 2010, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just feel there are better ways for a person to focus their frustrations. But then again I'm a different kind of competitor. I shut my mouth and go out there and work my butt off. If you get the best of me then I'll congratulate you on a good game with a sincere smile. I will not give you the satisfaction of showing negative emotions. Then I'll take a look at why it was you got the best of me and I'll rectify it so I can come back and get me some. biggrin.gif

I'm the same way, and I'm sure that plays a part on my own feelings towards Anaheim when they are in the same situation. If you want to go down swinging, you do it by stepping up your game. Maybe you don't win the game, but at least you give the opposing team a reason to doubt they will be so lucky next time around.

I have nothing against Anaheim playing a physical game. Nothing against them defending one another. Hell, I want them to show the kind of forecheck we saw 2005-2007. That was a big asset for the team then, and it bothers me that the players seem more willing to let the opposing team skate the puck out of their own end with more freedom. Carlyle's system takes hard work, and I'm not convinced all the players are putting in the kind of effort they need to. They put themselves behind the eightball, and then finish off the game by trying to see who can send more guys to the box. Sure, it's entertaining, but it also gives Anaheim absolutely no chance at all to get back in the game, and I think it's encouragement for the other team. If they know they can get Anaheim off their game, they just have more reason to feel confident the next time they play.

#56 hail2ducks

hail2ducks

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Jspiral @ Oct 13 2010, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I DO I DO...i go by the captain neidermayer, i played in a sucky team yesterday, i managed to get 2 goals to tie the game, went for the gordie howe beat the crap out of this dude, and then the team got scored on 3 more times in my absence...i still got all A's in my grades tho hahaha

#57 Sojourn

Sojourn

Legend

• Members
  • 7,880 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (hail2ducks @ Oct 13 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what the F are you talking about, all im doing is following what everyone else is saying, lets take it away from him...ok im down with that, if it makes all the fans happy, then screw it, lets do it!! its all about the fans

Is that what you were saying? Because to me it sounded like you were mocking everyone who questioned Getzlaf's ability as Captain. Hell, I still think that's what you're doing.

#58 hail2ducks

hail2ducks

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Sojourn @ Oct 13 2010, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that what you were saying? Because to me it sounded like you were mocking everyone who questioned Getzlaf's ability as Captain. Hell, I still think that's what you're doing.

i guess you will never know buddy sarcasm1.gif hahahaa, but who cares...

#59 HillerGirl

HillerGirl

Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts
  • Interests:Ducks, Avs, Nuckies :)

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (HockeyHeaven @ Oct 13 2010, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Their war cry needs to be "Scoreboard!"

5 min to the end of the game the scoreboard shows a score of something like 7-2 other team. Ducks shout "SCOREBOARD!" and start swinging their sticks at the hanging far above them jumbotron. Opposing team starts laughing their @$$es off while Hiller (who let's face it doesn't show any emotion except when he drops his head back after being scored on) takes the puck crawls to the other side with it and scores. 10 times
laugh.gif

#60 Sojourn

Sojourn

Legend

• Members
  • 7,880 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (HillerGirl @ Oct 13 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
5 min to the end of the game the scoreboard shows a score of something like 7-2 other team. Ducks shout "SCOREBOARD!" and start swinging their sticks at the hanging far above them jumbotron. Opposing team starts laughing their @$$es off while Hiller (who let's face it doesn't show any emotion except when he drops his head back after being scored on) takes the puck crawls to the other side with it and scores. 10 times
laugh.gif

The goaltender can't cross the red line unless he is heading to the bench.

#61 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,335 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

ďIím just as comfortable as I was last season,Ē Getzlaf said. ĒI donít think that anything really changed in my part of this whole group. Scotty wasnít a guy that talked a whole lot in general. Iíd did a lot of it last year and Iíll probably do a lot of it this year.

ďItís kind of just the way thing have been for the last little bit, having a leader that didnít talk that much. He led by example on the ice. Obviously thereís times where Iím going to have to shut up and just do it. and Iíll have to recognize those situations.Ē

<OCR blog entry by Stephens>

#62 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (DropThePuck @ Oct 13 2010, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Obviously there’s times where I’m going to have to shut up and just do it. and I’ll have to recognize those situations.”

Hello? Captain Chrome? Is there anyone home?

Your team is 0-3 with zero points... which is the same stat you're sporting, pal.

"Recognize" anything yet, Einstein?

dry.gif

#63 HillerGirl

HillerGirl

Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts
  • Interests:Ducks, Avs, Nuckies :)

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Sojourn @ Oct 13 2010, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The goaltender can't cross the red line unless he is heading to the bench.

this team is doomed then i tell ya! doomed!
laugh.gif

#64 hail2ducks

hail2ducks

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:27 PM

darn you getzlaf, darn you to hell

#65 Reb

Reb

DUCK!

• Mods
  • 10,636 posts
  • Interests:Ducks hockey, keeping body and soul together, reading, DVD's, Pool,pool right here in river city.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (ladiesandgentlemen @ Oct 13 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your team is 0-3 with zero points... which is the same stat you're sporting, pal.

dry.gif

lol_1.gif I FULLY agree! stache-ban.gif

#66 M T

M T

Legend

• Admin
  • 5,456 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

Greatest Getzlaf pic ever!

#67 hail2ducks

hail2ducks

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (M T @ Oct 13 2010, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greatest Getzlaf pic ever!

hahahahaha, thats awesome hahahahaha

#68 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Sojourn @ Oct 13 2010, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm the same way, and I'm sure that plays a part on my own feelings towards Anaheim when they are in the same situation. If you want to go down swinging, you do it by stepping up your game. Maybe you don't win the game, but at least you give the opposing team a reason to doubt they will be so lucky next time around.

I have nothing against Anaheim playing a physical game. Nothing against them defending one another. Hell, I want them to show the kind of forecheck we saw 2005-2007. That was a big asset for the team then, and it bothers me that the players seem more willing to let the opposing team skate the puck out of their own end with more freedom. Carlyle's system takes hard work, and I'm not convinced all the players are putting in the kind of effort they need to. They put themselves behind the eightball, and then finish off the game by trying to see who can send more guys to the box. Sure, it's entertaining, but it also gives Anaheim absolutely no chance at all to get back in the game, and I think it's encouragement for the other team. If they know they can get Anaheim off their game, they just have more reason to feel confident the next time they play.

I don't think it's a plan. They don't play soft for 50 minutes just so they can get behind and start beating on people. I think they are out there working their a*s off and losing. Then getting frustrated and exploding. I think you, and other fans simplify things by just thinking to yourself that these guys aren't trying hard enough. I don't agree that because Dan Sexton or some other guy churns his legs all night, that means he tries harder than Ryan Getzlaf. I just don't think it's so. And I've been asked 100 times on this board "do you really not see Getzlaf taking shifts off and not caring and just floating" and my answer is NO, I DON"T SEE IT. Sure, I see him glide back at times, I see him not running around like a whirling dervish all the time. But that is absolutely no different than Scott Neidermayer, and I sure never heard you get on Neidermayer for not trying.

In the end, it does not annoy me in the slightest to see all hell break loose at the end of a lopsided game. In fact, I'd be far more annoyed if they just took their lumps and shook hands and went and had a beer. Or called another friggin meeting. I'd like to see them invested in winning and losing and I think all that crap at the end is just that.

QUOTE (ladiesandgentlemen @ Oct 13 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dry.gif

Really, what do you want him to say at this point? Is there anything he can say?

#69 Todrick

Todrick

Ducks Outsider

• Members
  • 10,093 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:39 PM

#70 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:12 PM

#71 Todrick

Todrick

Ducks Outsider

• Members
  • 10,093 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

LOL

#72 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:34 PM

Hey - not everyone is blessed with tall parents! Or enough growth hormone.

#73 Todrick

Todrick

Ducks Outsider

• Members
  • 10,093 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (MrsBevo @ Oct 13 2010, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey - not everyone is blessed with tall parents! Or enough growth hormone.

Or cooperative hair follicles (to keep this on topic)

#74 hail2ducks

hail2ducks

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Todrick @ Oct 13 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or cooperative hair follicles (to keep this on topic)

its a laser operation away, just ask Dr. Goshei or whatever it is hahahahaha ( i know he is an eye doctore )

#75 Sojourn

Sojourn

Legend

• Members
  • 7,880 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (letsgoducksdotcom @ Oct 13 2010, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it's a plan. They don't play soft for 50 minutes just so they can get behind and start beating on people. ...

I never said it was a plan. I said I don't consider it "Going down swinging." I think you're over-simplifying what I'm saying. Or just misunderstanding it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users