2357 replies to this topic

#2351 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:42 AM

Cocksucker being homophobic is quite the reach. Look if the league feels it was inappropriate or over the line, the rule has the leeway to make a case for that. Fine, "cocksucker" is just a step too far. But the rest of the media outlets and organizations trying to make this a homophobic deal? Im sorry but grow the f*** up. Its a swear. Its big boy language. Its cussing, But homophobic? 

So then a fan yelling out "Get off your knees ref, you're blowing the game!" Is that homophobic too?

I dont give a damn about fine, but in todays day and age where everything is racist, sexist or homophobic... its just intellectually lazy.

Isn't it interesting these same people claiming that's a homophobic slur have mostly been in support of Stephen Colbert calling the President of the United States the "cock holster" of the Russian president?

Shear hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty. 

#2352 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,613 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:44 AM

Isn't it interesting these same people claiming that's a homophobic slur have mostly been in support of Stephen Colbert calling the President of the United States the "cock holster" of Russian president?

Shear hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty. 

But but Colbert is a comedian and has the 1st amendment behind him. Plus there is no such thing as bias in the media. Its just something your right wing nutjobs have made up. Cant you guy take a joke?

*Heavy sarcasm* 

#2353 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,598 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:33 PM

This whole thing is gay as hell.

#2354 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

Slureth not thy forum, and though shall not be slurred.

#2355 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

But but Colbert is a comedian and has the 1st amendment behind him. Plus there is no such thing as bias in the media. Its just something your right wing nutjobs have made up. Cant you guy take a joke?

*Heavy sarcasm* 

His viewership is up.

hqdefault.jpg

If you catch the drift.

#2356 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,598 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:38 AM

I'm not sure if any of you were watching the game last night, but in the 2nd or 3rd period it was heating up, and Ryan and Crosby were roughing each other up, big fracas with all the guys on the ice, linesman breaking things up.

So on the way back to the benches, Ryan calls Crosby a "little bitch" and that made the audio, and Crosby, on the bench, calls Ryan a "pussy" about three times in a row, and you can't hear it but if you can read lips - and you could have been a first-time lip reader - it was obvious.

I haven't heard of the repercussions yet from the league.  SURELY those terms are offensive/meant to degrade/derogatory, no?  Do they not fit into a "phobic" category?

Just curious.  I'll hang up and listen to your response...................

And FTR, Getzlaf did not call that official a "cocksucker".  He said it was a "cocksucking call".  Biiiiiiig difference.

#2357 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,613 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

Its not phobic, but it is an ist.

Such sexist remarks. Why does Crosby hate women? I mena, if you really want to call him weak or a sissy, call him testicles, because you barely tap those and you go down.

#2358 Wigeon

Wigeon

Legend

• Members
  • 8,115 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

I saw that and was wondering if BR was miked up for that game because it was so clear.

Doubt that I will watch any more hockey this season, maybe a bit here and there but don't really care who wins.....anyone except NSH and OTT.  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users