Todrick

Ducks Outsider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,093 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (HillerGirl @ Jun 29 2011, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm pretty sure they will

they do it for every ex-Duck coming back to Honda ("Thank you Bryz" video *and a goal he let in right after that, claiming he was overwhelmed with such a classy thing*, "Thank you Rusty" vid *again he said he was very touched and didn't expect it*)
so if you do it for the guys who are still playing, i'm sure they will do it for those that retired. especially a member of that '07 team.

oh and btw, since daddy is still with the Ducks, i don't see why not little Timmy should be off the media team too...

Every one except Brad May and Drew Miller.

Interesting bit of trivia: They had the video packages ready to go when the duo returned playing for the Red Wings... and decided last minute not to bother.

#27 Still MIGHTY

Still MIGHTY

SAVE TEEMU

• Members
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

A true warrior in every sense on the ice. He wasn't the tallest, strongest, fastest, or most skilled, but he did whatever was necessary each and every shift.

I'll miss ya T-Bone.

Who do we have left from 2007 now? Getzlaf, Perry, Teemu, Parros, and Beauchemin is back now too. 4 years later and only 4 guys have been here that whole time. Looking at the four that haven't left Anaheim (Getzlaf, Perry, Teemu, Parros) is kinda funny in a "which one of these things is not like the others" way. laugh.gif

#28 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

Great guy on and off the ice. Always good for a thoughtful and usable quote. Whole family very community minded and they do a lot that most people aren't even aware of. Giguere once told me he had no idea how the Marchants did everything they did, especially with small children. He admired Todd and his family a great deal.

Marchant, you will be missed on the ice, but your presence off the ice will remain influential.

#29 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

I'll miss the leadership and work ethic he brought to the team. I hope they learned a lot about both of those things before he left.

Glad he'll still be a part of the organization smile.gif Thanks for the memories and the Cup Todd!

#30 20rules

20rules

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Todrick @ Jun 29 2011, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every one except Brad May and Drew Miller.

Interesting bit of trivia: They had the video packages ready to go when the duo returned playing for the Red Wings... and decided last minute not to bother.

Really? That's kinda chicken poop that they didn't play the videos. humph!

#31 Todrick

Todrick

Ducks Outsider

• Members
  • 10,093 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (20rules @ Jun 29 2011, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? That's kinda chicken poop that they didn't play the videos. humph!

Yeah I had asked Brady if Drew was gettign a video tribute... he confirmed they were and then afterwards said that they changed their minds... Kinda Rude.

#32 Rooch20

Rooch20

Legend

• Members
  • 5,741 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

Kudos to Todd for a great NHL career. Best of luck in the future.

#33 beasy1975

beasy1975

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Baseball Hockey and Football. The big 3.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Good luck T BONE. Im glad that you will still be around. I hope I will run into you. I also hope that we get to see Timmy and his interviews. They sure are great to watch and I know the players like doing them with him. I would like to see other kids of the players' do some too. Hope about Temmu's kids? Getzy's boy in a few years..

#34 Dutch Duck

Dutch Duck

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

I'm sad to see him go. He was still great on the PK. I will miss his playoff beard most of all...

#35 HillerGirl

HillerGirl

Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts
  • Interests:Ducks, Avs, Nuckies :)

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (Still MIGHTY @ Jun 29 2011, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who do we have left from 2007 now? Getzlaf, Perry, Teemu, Parros, and Beauchemin is back now too. 4 years later and only 4 guys have been here that whole time.

well Chicago seems to be able to manage that same thing one year removed from the Championship laugh.gif dontbugme.gif

every time i tell my brother news from around NHL about Chicago trading their guys he only shakes his head and says "why am i not surprised?"

#36 ducksfan95

ducksfan95

when is that giant barstool going to do something

• Members
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

Congrats to Todd Marchant on a great career and he will be a great assest to have in the front office

#37 Sam Beckett

Sam Beckett

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:NHL, NBA, Nascar, MLB, NFL, Boxing, and my Wife!!

I love my Ducks!!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

Congrats....

#38 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,334 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:44 AM

Marchant's Sirius XM Home Ice interview

Best wishes to Todd Marchant on his next chapter in the Ducks organization. clover.gif

#39 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,334 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

AnaheimDucks Anaheim Ducks
LISTEN to Director of Player Development Todd Marchant on his new role & #NHLDucks prospects on Ducks Weekly: bit.ly/ztNyDj
13 hours ago

#40 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,334 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Nice Q&A and update on "T-bone"...

Q: How much satisfaction do you get when you see a player find his way to the NHL?

A: It’s kind of like your own kid making it. I looked at the draft this year and you’re sitting there waiting to find out where you’re going to be traveling next year. To have these kids at 18 years old and wherever they’re playing and work with them for the next, who knows, two, three four years, whatever it takes for them to get to the next level and the National Hockey League, it’s very rewarding. I look back at my career. There were no player development people. It wasn’t a role that was around when I first started. If I had played a game and after it was over, if someone had said there’s someone from a team that had drafted you or the team owns your rights that wants to say hello to you, it would mean a lot to me as a player. I think that’s what is important. That’s what I do with these kids. I’m in constant contact with them during the season. I obviously see them play and I let them know that we haven’t forgotten about them. We don’t just draft them and then say, ‘OK, we’ll see you in three years and see if you develop.’ We’re going to be with you all the way through the process. There’s going to be ups, there’s going to be downs. There’s going to be bumps in the road. Just to know that we’re going to be there for you and we’re going to do whatever we can to help you be successful.

OCR blog

#41 DuckNewbie

DuckNewbie

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

Marchant sure seems like the right guy for that job! There are a lot of ex players who would probably be horrible at working with young players!

#42 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,334 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:33 PM

Now an assistant coach with the Ducks, Marchant was a member of an Edmonton Oilers team that rallied from a 3-0 deficit with exactly four minutes remaining in regulation to force overtime in Game 3 of the 1997 Conference Quarterfinals against the Dallas Stars. Marchant, just 23 years of age at the time, even earned an assist on Andrei Kovalenko's goal with 2:16 remaining in regulation to make it a 3-2 score.

Did Marchant have flashbacks? "Oh, 100 percent," he says without hesitation. "I thought about it right away. Even after the game, I had to go back and look at it on YouTube to see how it all unfolded. It just shows resiliency with our group. No matter what the situation is, you always feel like you have a chance, having that belief you have the ability to win hockey games."

"We've all been in situations like this," Marchant says. "You look at not only the players on the team, but the coaching staff and management. Everybody has been in these situations. You try to give the players as much information as you can so they can make the best decisions."
"When you get into those situations, especially in the playoffs when you get farther along, there are no small plays," he says. "Everybody says you have to do the little things well. I don't think there are little things. Every play is crucial. Getting a puck out at the blueline or getting the puck in at the redline. Blocking a shot or making a good line change. All those, what people might say are 'little things,' can be crucial in a situation like that. You can't overlook any situation or play at any part of the game."

link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users