1767 replies to this topic

#51 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,822 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:11 AM

• Flyers GM Ron Hextall is trying to make a move but isn’t having any luck. He’s trying to clear salary. Hextall has been trying to trade Luke Schenn. He’d like to recall Andy MacDonald.
  • The Sabres, Blue Jackets, Avalanche, Blues, Bruins and Ducks have also been checking out what defensemen could be available.

Ok so Ducks looking into Dmen, but what kind of Dman are they looking for and who would that be replacing? I still contend that the only defensive piece this blueline is missing is a bonafide #1. I dont think you upgrade much by replacing Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen or Despres. You could upgrade Stoner and/or Bieksa but Those are the kind of role players almost every team has/needs. 

Is Luke Schenn an upgrade over anyone we currently have? Maybe the Flyers would be willing to deal MacDonald instead of Schenn? He had a fall from grace but we know the dude can play when in the right situation. Even then, do either of those guys give the Ducks an upgrade? I dont think so.

So im just kind of thinking out loud, but who? I could see Vatanen being shipped out, I've thought that for 2 years now, but he is the life blood of the PP right now. Would there be any legit #1 guy available to trade for where Vatanen could be the piece going the other way? Is anyone that desperate right now?

#52 ducksalltheway

ducksalltheway

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

We can dream that BM's realized that Bieksa is terrible ?

#53 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,822 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

I think he was terrible with Lindholm, but looks a lot better with Fowler.

#54 ducksalltheway

ducksalltheway

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:52 AM

So Fowler is carrying him ? He's terrible. He has been terrible for a while and he will just ruin Fowler like he did to Lindholm to start the season.

#55 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,822 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:55 AM

So Fowler is carrying him ? He's terrible. He has been terrible for a while and he will just ruin Fowler like he did to Lindholm to start the season.

SO Lindholm isnt as good as Fowler? Fowler can carry him but Lindholm cant?

Different players work better with certain types of players. Chemistry.

#56 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:00 PM

Ok so Ducks looking into Dmen, but what kind of Dman are they looking for and who would that be replacing? I still contend that the only defensive piece this blueline is missing is a bonafide #1. I dont think you upgrade much by replacing Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen or Despres. You could upgrade Stoner and/or Bieksa but Those are the kind of role players almost every team has/needs. 

Is Luke Schenn an upgrade over anyone we currently have? Maybe the Flyers would be willing to deal MacDonald instead of Schenn? He had a fall from grace but we know the dude can play when in the right situation. Even then, do either of those guys give the Ducks an upgrade? I dont think so.

So im just kind of thinking out loud, but who? I could see Vatanen being shipped out, I've thought that for 2 years now, but he is the life blood of the PP right now. Would there be any legit #1 guy available to trade for where Vatanen could be the piece going the other way? Is anyone that desperate right now?

I don't think there is a team out there that has a legit #1 NHL Dman that would trade him right now.  All those teams are clicking along.  Giordano is the only guy I can think that might get moved.

SO Lindholm isnt as good as Fowler? Fowler can carry him but Lindholm cant?

Different players work better with certain types of players. Chemistry.

I know this much: if every Duck player could skate like Cam Fowler they would be 14-0-0 right now.  That kid can work those edges.

#57 ducksalltheway

ducksalltheway

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

The fact is that Bieksa has looked terrible for the past few seasons with a lot of different players and looked fine for a couple of games with Fowler. So it is just him being awfull with Fowler doing all the work for him.

Yep. It's kind of chemistry but at the same time we are paying 4m for a guy to drag down our best players. When Despres comes back we will probably have to break a good pair so Bieksa can not look terrible without being baby sitted by Fowler.

#58 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:34 PM

Fowler/Despres

Vatanen/Lindholm

Bieksa/Manson

Stoner

Holzer

#59 ducksalltheway

ducksalltheway

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:35 PM

Give me Holzer on the third pair. At least he's a third pair guy being paid like one. And he's much better than Stoner and Bieksa.

#60 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,043 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

Who/ where is that quote from?

#61 Wigeon

Wigeon

Legend

• Members
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

Who/ where is that quote from?

http://www.mynhltrad...lyers-and-more/

#62 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,043 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:11 PM

Thank you.

#63 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:02 PM

Keep Sammie trade getzlaf.

#64 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:04 PM

Keep Sammie trade getzlaf.

That's what I was thinking!!!

#65 seesaws

seesaws

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

Sharks forward Patrick Marleau would accept a trade to one of three teams, an NHL source has informed CSNCalifornia.com.

The New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Kings would all be locations that the Sharks’ all-time leading scorer would deem acceptable.

http://www.csnbayare...one-three-teams

#66 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:11 PM

What would it take to land him? I know the Sharks wanted Bieksa in the offseason...

#67 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:58 AM

By the way, we've scored the fewest goals of any team in the league, many of which have been scored by our Dmen .... we are the 9th best team in defense .....

and we are out looking for what Defensemen are available? 

#68 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,043 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:24 AM

By the way, we've scored the fewest goals of any team in the league, many of which have been scored by our Dmen .... we are the 9th best team in defense .....

and we are out looking for what Defensemen are available? 

That's what I've been thinking. (at risk of giving more fuel for the clowns)

We need a culture change, not more blue liners... unless a #1 is miraculously available.

Getzlaf to TBL for Hedman would do.

#69 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:33 AM

What would it take to land him? I know the Sharks wanted Bieksa in the offseason...

Throw in Stoner or Holzer and giddyup!

#70 ducksalltheway

ducksalltheway

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

Because our d sucks and we are givinp up few goals just because Freddie has been amazing.

We are bledding scoring chances against. And we have the worse leading minutes d men of the entire league.
Bieksa Hagelin\Silfv pick\prospect for Marleau. Please.

#71 Always Mighty

Always Mighty

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:43 AM

Pass on Marleau. If this was five years ago, sure, but with his age and contract, no thank you.

#72 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

Because our d sucks and we are givinp up few goals just because Freddie has been amazing.

We are bledding scoring chances against. And we have the worse leading minutes d men of the entire league.
Bieksa Hagelin\Silfv pick\prospect for Marleau. Please.

Can you please link me to where scoring chances are kept, team by team for this regular season?

#73 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,121 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

Somehow I don't see SJS trading Marleau within the division; especially to us.  I do think he would be a good addition to the team, but I am not well versed on his contract and do not know what the Sharts would be looking for in return (IF they were even willing to talk).  I don't think Bieksa and some table scraps would do it.

#74 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,822 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

Marleau pretty much just said, "trade me to the Rangers". 

#75 thedozen

thedozen

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:20 PM

I don't see that either.  The Rangers are capped out other than maybe sending Dan Boyle and another body back in a salary dump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users