• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

one-way=roster spot. 

Steve Oleksy #6/7 D

Derek Grant 4L center

Old CBA that was true.

One way just means they make the same amount in the AHL and NHL.

#1628 jigglypuff

jigglypuff

Let's have fun!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

No a one way contract means they are paid the same amount in the AHL as they are in the NHL.

#1629 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,083 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

Grant COULD be a Thompson replacement but I'd rather not have our bottom two centers contain 2 4th line centers again.

#1630 QuackHead

QuackHead

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:56 PM

No a one way contract means they are paid the same amount in the AHL as they are in the NHL.

Ok. My mistake

#1631 wildwing94

wildwing94

Unofficial mascot of AllDucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • Interests:Ducks hockey, playing tennis, my wife, my doggie, computers, video games.

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

Ducks Sign Berra to One-Year Contract

https://www.nhl.com/...act/c-290300688

#1632 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:39 AM

Sounds like Anaheim might have been close on Marleau, which seeing what he got, is pretty scary.

The Anaheim Ducks weren’t able to give Patrick Marleau the bonus structure the Maple Leafs could.

Friedman

#1633 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

That's an odd quote that he made about it.  Seems completely out of place in the story with no background or detail.  He also mentions in Point Number 1 that "offer sheets are coming" and references Cam Fowler.  The article was dated July 13, but Cam has been locked up for a few weeks now.  My guess... he doesn't know what he is talking about; at least not when it comes to the Ducks.

#1634 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

That's an odd quote that he made about it.  Seems completely out of place in the story with no background or detail.  He also mentions in Point Number 1 that "offer sheets are coming" and references Cam Fowler.  The article was dated July 13, but Cam has been locked up for a few weeks now.  My guess... he doesn't know what he is talking about; at least not when it comes to the Ducks.

No idea how you were reading that, but what he is saying is that Fowler, Vlasic, Price, Jones were difference making guys who would have been UFAs next summer but have now been locked up and thus taking difference makers off the market. His point being that if you want a difference maker, you're going to have to offer sheet them because teams are locking up their guys, like Fowler.

#1635 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

I re-read it, and you are correct.  I read it quickly the first time and thought that he was suggesting that an offer letter could be in the cards for Cam.  I stand corrected.

#1636 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,609 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:48 AM

I still think this deal can be made:

Duchene - $6 mil, 2 years left

for

Vatanen - $4.875 mil, 2.5 years left (taking into account his current injury status)

Kerdiles or Kase

I guess that trade won't get made because it makes too much sense for all parties involved, teams and players.

That is a trade that BMGM should be spending ALL of his time on currently.

#1637 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

I still think this deal can be made:

Duchene - $6 mil, 2 years left

for

Vatanen - $4.875 mil, 2.5 years left (taking into account his current injury status)

Kerdiles or Kase

I guess that trade won't get made because it makes too much sense for all parties involved, teams and players.

That is a trade that BMGM should be spending ALL of his time on currently.

Do it. Get rid of the Vatman and if all it takes it to throw in one of those 3rd liners, awesome. 

#1638 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,639 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:50 AM

SO reports are that Anaheim may have some interest in Duchene and could be making a 'quiet push'. Asking price is something along the lines of player, prospect and a pick. Sounds like Sakic is asking for a ton in return, which isnt Murrays style. Murray would give a fair deal but I seriously doubt he would be willing to pay the ransom COL is likely to be asking.

We have all discussed it here and most would be ok with Vatanen going the other way. I dont think anyone would be too upset to see a 2nd rounder involved either. But that seems like an underwhelming package so far. So is there a prospect in our system that has enough hype and clout that you can add that gets Sakics attention?

Adrian Dater: Scouting the Colorado Avalanche – Dallas Stars preseason game: Vancouver Canucks, Montreal Canadiens, Anaheim Ducks (2), St. Louis Blues, Calgary Flames, New Jersey Devils and the Buffalo Sabres.

Murray Pam: (on Dater’s scouting list tweet) “Scouts at all preseason games. Not an abnormal list. However, Ducks have a plethora of intriguing D possibilities.”

MyNHLTradeRumors.com

#1639 Always Mighty

Always Mighty

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 AM

I wouldn't want to trade Terry, Larsson, Jones, or Steel, but anyone else I would consider. Roy and Kossila both had strong season in SD last year, and Gates had a solid year in college. If they want another young defenseman, both Thompson or Welinski had solid years with the Gulls. But I'm not sure any of them would be enough for Colorado. Hm, I wonder if someone like Kase would work.

#1640 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,639 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 AM

I wouldn't want to trade Terry, Larsson, Jones, or Steel, but anyone else I would consider. Roy and Kossila both had strong season in SD last year, and Gates had a solid year in college. If they want another young defenseman, both Thompson or Welinski had solid years with the Gulls. But I'm not sure any of them would be enough for Colorado. Hm, I wonder if someone like Kase would work.

Problem is, I think it would have to be one of the first 4 you mentioned that you wouldnt want to part with and even then, Im not usre they would be interested.

#1641 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,083 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 AM

They'd want something like want Steel, Vatanen and a first.  And I'm pretty sure another team would give them that value for a guy like Duchene.

#1642 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,639 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:56 AM

They'd want something like want Steel, Vatanen and a first.  And I'm pretty sure another team would give them that value for a guy like Duchene.

Possibly. But COL is also being very picky about the players they would be taking back. Insisting on certain players like Ceci from OTT. 

I dont see a fit for a trade. I see them brushing off Vatanen and asking for Lindholm or something that we wouldnt do.

#1643 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,083 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Possibly. But COL is also being very picky about the players they would be taking back. Insisting on certain players like Ceci from OTT. 

I dont see a fit for a trade. I see them brushing off Vatanen and asking for Lindholm or something that we wouldnt do.

Yeah Sakic is trying to play hardball so much that he's lowering the value of his own asset.

#1644 JLL

JLL

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:51 PM

There is a fit - each team has something the other needs. It's just a matter of can they hash out some common ground. This is precisely the kind of move I think the Ducks need to make, and the ONLY kind of move I think they should make. I just don't know what to pay. If they don't take Vats, then no deal at all, because Vats is surplus; Lindy and Fowler are not. But above Vats, I'd give the first and any prospect not named Jones or Steel. Even Larson I think. If he wants Jones or Steel, no first.

#1645 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,609 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:33 PM

There is a fit - each team has something the other needs. It's just a matter of can they hash out some common ground. This is precisely the kind of move I think the Ducks need to make, and the ONLY kind of move I think they should make. I just don't know what to pay. If they don't take Vats, then no deal at all, because Vats is surplus; Lindy and Fowler are not. But above Vats, I'd give the first and any prospect not named Jones or Steel. Even Larson I think. If he wants Jones or Steel, no first.

That's how I think it could get done.

Jones, Steel, or Larsson with a 3rd

OR

Kase or Shaw with a 1st

Vatanen

I would think BMGM would do either of those deals for Duchene in a heartbeat.

#1646 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,639 posts

Posted Today, 08:42 AM

Im not saying we couldnt use Douche or that he isnt a fit for us. Im saying the trade itself isnt a fit because of the caliber of players involved. I dont think we are willing to give up what COL wants in return for the great Douche.

Maybe its just me but Vatanen + Kase +1st just seems... underwhelming for Doucher. Plus, I dont think Murray would be willing to give up that 1st. Mind you, I base this off only what Ive heard other teams offering and what COL is demanding. Its not that we couldnt put together a good package, its that COL is asking for top tier talent.

I dont see Murray being on board giving up Jones, Steel or Larsson. 

The reason, for me, that there isnt a fit here is simply the players and GMs involved. Id be shocked to see this trade happen for us.

#1647 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,083 posts

Posted Today, 09:31 AM

Im not saying we couldnt use Douche or that he isnt a fit for us. Im saying the trade itself isnt a fit because of the caliber of players involved. I dont think we are willing to give up what COL wants in return for the great Douche.

Maybe its just me but Vatanen + Kase +1st just seems... underwhelming for Doucher. Plus, I dont think Murray would be willing to give up that 1st. Mind you, I base this off only what Ive heard other teams offering and what COL is demanding. Its not that we couldnt put together a good package, its that COL is asking for top tier talent.

I dont see Murray being on board giving up Jones, Steel or Larsson. 

The reason, for me, that there isnt a fit here is simply the players and GMs involved. Id be shocked to see this trade happen for us.

Yeah that doesn't get it done. I think Sakic could just easily get more than Murray would ever be willing to give.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)