• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#51 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

Go Ducks! We took the lucky fowl towel out of the suitcase and I made Swedish meatballs for dinner. It seems to have worked. And so did the Ducks. keep it up boys!

#52 thedozen

thedozen

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

Good to see goals after wanting to hit my head against a wall on Friday.

#53 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

Heaven forbid McDiva faces Cindy in the finals, 1he media orgasm would be nuclear.

#54 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,598 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

That first goal... F*** me.

One hell of a pass by the Captain, a serious snipe from Rocket Raccoon5373593-rocket+raccoon+%282%29.jpg

and a BEAUTY of a set play by the coaches.  MONEY!!!!!!

Gibson was the wrong call tonight by RC.

The Dude abides

1021-aaron-rodgers-the-dude-sweater-sub-

#55 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:09 PM

Also good to see Kesler finally get one.

#56 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,598 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

The audio in the building on the Wagner goal is classic.

The whole place is chanting Gibson's name and then Talbot gets leaky and it's a huge "AHHHHHHHH' like you just threw their puppy off a bridge.  AWESOME!!!!!

"I just got this new puppy and I'm thinking I'll name him Rex or Tiger or maybe AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Also good to see Kesler finally get one.

He's been working his ass off.

#57 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

Gibson really came to the party after McDillweed's unassisted goal.

He delivered that one to his teammates sand gave them a chance to win from that point on.

#58 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:40 PM

It always cracks me up to see every fan base gradually hate the opposing team's star player more and more throughout a series.

#59 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

Bobby who?

Totally. He's not doing bad for himself but I just can't help but feel like we fleeced them. It would be pretty fair just Silver and Ryan straight up (I feel Silver is more valuable), but we also got Ritchie and Noesen!

#60 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

It always cracks me up to see every fan base gradually hate the opposing team's star player more and more throughout a series.

It would help if the broadcast teams would stop fellatiing him every other time up the ice.

And FYI, Gibson beat Talbot tonight.

#61 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

That first goal... F*** me.

One hell of a pass by the Captain, a serious snipe from Rocket Raccoon

That was one smart heck of a set play. Cogs immediately heads straight to the bench on the near side of the bench and Ricky jumps on the ice from the far side of the bench which is why he had a jump on the EDM defender entering the EDM zone.

I've never fully understood why the rules allow for this but I'm glad the Ducks clearly used it to their advantage.

#62 QuackHead

QuackHead

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:33 PM

That right their is the spirit of a champion. They in this for sure.

#63 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:39 PM

I'm guilty of that in most cases, but I actually have very positive feelings toward McDavid. He's not a crybaby, he quietly goes about his business and doesn't dive or start fights he can't finish. I respect that.

It's the refs and broadcasters that can't stay off his jock that irritate me!

#64 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:41 AM

It would help if the broadcast teams would stop fellatiing him every other time up the ice.

And FYI, Gibson beat Talbot tonight.

Wagner beat Talbot good,  That's for sure.

#65 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:29 AM

Wagner beat Talbot good,  That's for sure.

Rakell's was a good one, too.

And it was good to see Silfv get rewarded for all the hard work he does. Kesler, too. Finally they got some puck luck.

But that Getzlaf. What a frigging 200 foot beast. I think he's playing the best hockey he ever has.

Perry, on the other hand, yikes. We score 6 goals and he can't even come up with one assist?? His line was the only one that was negative in the +/- category. Great players make the other people around them better. Corey looks to be doing the opposite. He's hurting the team, especially considering the huge Cap space his unearned salary (performance-wise) takes up. As much as I hate to say it, his effectiveness has gone the way of Dany Heatley: off a cliff.

Speaking of +/-, Lindholm was +5 and Montour was +4. That's good production right there.

#66 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,613 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

So, we cant let Manson go. The s* eating grin he had on his face when he was getting into it with Lucic, that trash talk, I had a man crush then and there. Its like he was saying "Yeah buddy, lets go!I beat your ass once before, let do it again! WOOO!!! Lets do it!"

Getzlaf will win the Conn Smythe if they go that far. He has been nothing short of phenomenal.

So freakin happy to see Kesler finally get one. He has been pushing hard and doing sucha  good job matching up with McJesus, that its nice to see him rewarded. Silfver is amazing. If we were to do that Bobby trade again, we would have to give the Sens an extra pick and not get anything back. Bobby + pick for Silfver. We fleeced them.

Rakell has to stay with Getzlaf. Eaves, I think, has had to do so much more with Rakell not on his opposite wing, that hes been taken off his game a bit.

I cant fault Gibson for the 1st 2 goals. 2 bad deflections. The McJesus goal though... i get that McDavid cut back really quick and let the shot go top glove, but Gibson was positioned well, he just didnt get his glove int he right position. I would have liked to see him stop that one.

Perry. Damn dude. You started to finally come around after the TDL and even started off the playoffs on fire. But, where did you go? Come back please. I took you out of my signature block, but I feel like I might need to put you back in there. Damn son, we're paying you $8+ mil. If you arent going to score, at least be annoying and draw penalties.

We have a series again! Do exactly what you did int he 1st and 3rd periods, and things should go well. 

#67 QuackHead

QuackHead

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:44 AM

So, we cant let Manson go. The s* eating grin he had on his face when he was getting into it with Lucic, that trash talk, I had a man crush then and there. Its like he was saying "Yeah buddy, lets go!I beat your ass once before, let do it again! WOOO!!! Lets do it!"

Haha that was great. Lucic was a pu**y, he wouldn't go with Manson, then later he tried to fight lindholm.

#68 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:17 AM

Rakell's was a good one, too.

And it was good to see Silfv get rewarded for all the hard work he does. Kesler, too. Finally they got some puck luck.

But that Getzlaf. What a frigging 200 foot beast. I think he's playing the best hockey he ever has.

Perry, on the other hand, yikes. We score 6 goals and he can't even come up with one assist?? His line was the only one that was negative in the +/- category. Great players make the other people around them better. Corey looks to be doing the opposite. He's hurting the team, especially considering the huge Cap space his unearned salary (performance-wise) takes up. As much as I hate to say it, his effectiveness has gone the way of Dany Heatley: off a cliff.

Speaking of +/-, Lindholm was +5 and Montour was +4. That's good production right there.

I'm glad you've finally come around on Getzlaf.  And I agree, this is the beast mode of all beast modes.  This is the year to go deep with him playing like this.

I've never been on board the Perry bashing train.  I think he's still a useful player.  Problem is, we don't pay the dude 8.6 a year to be useful.  We pay him 8.6 a year to be extraordinary. 

#69 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,598 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

A HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE part of that win last night hinged on one factor, imo.

Rakell beating Talbot on that breakaway.  If Talbot stops him, or he misses, then who knows which way momentum and confidence swing.  As it was, you could see how jacked up that goal got the whole team.  They just beat this asshat that everyone had been saying was next to impossible to beat, should have been a Vezina finalist, and blah, blah, blah and all that s*, and instead, he's beatable.

And they beat him like a drum last night.

#70 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:17 PM

A HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE part of that win last night hinged on one factor, imo.

Rakell beating Talbot on that breakaway.  If Talbot stops him, or he misses, then who knows which way momentum and confidence swing.  As it was, you could see how jacked up that goal got the whole team.  They just beat this asshat that everyone had been saying was next to impossible to beat, should have been a Vezina finalist, and blah, blah, blah and all that s*, and instead, he's beatable.

And they beat him like a drum last night.

And the Oilers thought they were the good cherry pickers.

The Ducks Chuck Norris style cherry stripped them.

Instead of hanging back and trying to sneak a cherry off a branch, Getzlaf & Co. ripped the whole damn tree out by the roots!

Like Chuck would say

Uh, sorry, I'd offer you your tree back, but I used it for a toothpick after I stripped it!

#71 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

Yeah that goal was yuge. Just as important as the Wagner goal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT, Round 2, Game 3, Playoffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users