99 replies to this topic

#51 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,606 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:43 PM

I think Perry and Kesler are both equal in the annoying pain in the ass department.  They go about it in different ways, but the end result is the same.  Hate them when they play against you, but happy to have them on your team.  I did think Johansen protested a wee bit too much and if anything, confirmed that Kesler was doing his job. 

Like Pronger said - if you want to throw me off my game, don't boo him, cheer him.  He expected the negative reaction and thrived on it.  I am guessing that Perry and Kesler do, too.

They definitely do.  All guys who play that style of game love getting booed.  In the away arena......

#52 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,701 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

I don't think Perry or Kesler are 'dirty' players is what I'm saying. Perry will accidentally bump a guy or something, but I don't see the "stick your knee out" 5 stride board a guy from behind stuff from them. I don't see them doing any more slashing than anyone else or any such thing. I'm guessing Kesler is saying "your mom was kinda tired last night we only did it once" and that kind of stuff. I'm quite sure I'd hate playing against him. I just don't see them as dirty. Maybe I'm a homer. 

#53 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

I don't think Perry or Kesler are 'dirty' players is what I'm saying. Perry will accidentally bump a guy or something, but I don't see the "stick your knee out" 5 stride board a guy from behind stuff from them. I don't see them doing any more slashing than anyone else or any such thing. I'm guessing Kesler is saying "your mom was kinda tired last night we only did it once" and that kind of stuff. I'm quite sure I'd hate playing against him. I just don't see them as dirty. Maybe I'm a homer. 

I don't think they're dirty players.

I don't think Filip Forsberg is a dirty player either. I think he was just being an asshole, same as Perry or Kesler. It was just more blatant, and I thought definitely warranted a penalty. Most of the stuff Kesler and Perry do is either hidden very well from the refs or right on the border of being legal. None of those three players are trying to injure, they're trying to be annoying.

Kesler/Perry are not in the same class of players like Giordano, Rousell, Brown, etc who I do think have and somewhat regularly are out to injure players.

#54 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:27 PM

Boy the Preds fans are eating this crap up. Apparently Kesler is an embarrassment to the sport and one of the dirtiest players in the league.

#55 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:45 PM

I don't think most of them really think that.

Being on internet forums during the playoffs really gets some caught up in "absolute hatred" of a different player ever week. Kesler is this week.

We're guilty of this every year right, heck series to series? Does anyone even still remember who Alex Chiasson is? Or care about Kassian at all?

They'll get over it. Kesler isn't hurting anyone he's just irritating, he's just the perfect type of playoff guy which happens to really make opposing teams hate him when they have to see him for a couple weeks straight.

#56 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

We're guilty of this every year right, heck series to series? Does anyone even still remember who Alex Chiasson is? Or care about Kassian at all?

Yes, I still remember Chitbagson and Kassian is a world class douche-bagel 

#57 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:31 AM

I sure glad the Ducks don't have whiners on their team like Johansen.

We are only 2 games into the series and Kesler is already in his head. Johansen will need therapy by the time this series is over.

"I laughed", Kesler said of his initial reaction. "Got a lot of text messages from my friends and family saying they still cheer me on. He can say whatever he wants. Im not going to change my game.

"I'm here for one reason and one reason only and thats to win some games here and to ultimately win the series."

"He can say whatever he wants to say."

Kesler was a bit surprised that Johansen got personal as he voiced his frustrations. "Doesn't matter", the Ducks hard-boiled center said. "He's not my friend. He's not going to be my friend. He can say whatever he wants."

I especially like the quote in italics.

#58 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,334 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

When in Music City, hold your off-day media availability in a boot store.

That's exactly what the Ducks did today in lieu of holding court at the Predators' practice facility a few miles down the road. The location was The Frye Company - a 3,000-square foot space decorated with exposed brick walls, shoe displays lining the store and that unmistakable "new leather smell" hitting you as soon as you enter the building. You can always expect the unexpected with this Ducks team.

On a more serious note, Carlyle said he felt his team simply ran out of gas last night. "Our hockey club was flat with emotion and you have to give the opposition credit for taking that out of us," he said to reporters. "They played in our face and we weren't allowed to execute to the level we're accustomed to. We just have to play a lot more of a complete game. We have to be in a much more competitive state come tomorrow night than what we were able to perform to last night."

Ironically, the last team to beat the Predators at Bridgestone Arena in the playoffs was Anaheim in Game 4 of the Western Conference First Round on April 21, 2016. The Predators have won 10 in a row at home since then, including six straight in the playoffs this year.

link

#59 mransr

mransr

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:56 AM

Maybe this is the year to break curses, like losing game 7's and getting knocked out of the playoffs by Nashville.

(and this is a pretty odd thought, but can you image how ugly a Nashville Pittsburg playoffs series could look with both of them wearing ugly yellow jerseys? :shock: )

#60 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:38 AM

Any word on Bieksa? I thought he was very close.

#61 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,077 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:40 PM

Any word on Bieksa? I thought he was very close.

I think Carlyle just likes these pairings.

#62 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,701 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

Speaking of dirty, how'd you like Perry's attempted butt end on Rinne?

#63 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,606 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

Speaking of dirty, how'd you like Perry's attempted butt end on Rinne?

I loved it.  That big f***er keeps coming out of his crease and then skating into the paths of guys behind the net well after he's played the puck then he better watch out!

It's the CF.  Play or go cry to your momma!

I think Subban should have got a 10-minute misconduct last night for shrugging in the box after watching the replay of him trying to smash Rakell's face in.  If you're gonna be a dirty prick, then be a dirty prick.  Don't compound it by being a whiny bitch after the fact.

#64 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

I loved it.  That big f***er keeps coming out of his crease and then skating into the paths of guys behind the net well after he's played the puck then he better watch out!

It's the CF.  Play or go cry to your momma!

I think Subban should have got a 10-minute misconduct last night for shrugging in the box after watching the replay of him trying to smash Rakell's face in.  If you're gonna be a dirty prick, then be a dirty prick.  Don't compound it by being a whiny bitch after the fact.

So I guess that would make make PK a whiny dirty bitchy prick right?

#65 dctrjayyy

dctrjayyy

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

hey, thank god for his 2 goals last night. at least his second.

#66 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,606 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

hey, thank god for his 2 goals last night. at least his second.

His second goal was fantastic. Sweet redirect, bro!

#67 Always Mighty

Always Mighty

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

Just saw on twitter that Johansen is done for the playoffs.

#68 JLL

JLL

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

Say what??!!

#69 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,077 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

Woooooooooow

#70 dctrjayyy

dctrjayyy

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

I saw a few headlines:

"several reports have confirmed that he had blood coming from his vagina. he will be out at least 7 days or until Laviolette goes to the store for him. the good news, he's finally a woman." - the media

that may be #fakenews but this one may be true:

"several nashville fans reported that they saw known dirty player Ryan Kesler murder Ryan Johansen this morning in a blatant case of Ryan on Ryan crime" - the other media

(Note - No offense to women or Ryan's in general. We know they are all tougher than Ryan Johansen).

#71 JLL

JLL

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

Found something from Friedman; thigh injury and needed surgery. Done for the playoffs.

#72 wildwing94

wildwing94

Unofficial mascot of AllDucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • Interests:Ducks hockey, playing tennis, my wife, my doggie, computers, video games.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:02 PM

Confirmed

Predators' Johansen out for playoffs

http://www.tsn.ca/pr...ayoffs-1.756740

#73 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

#74 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

You'd think that Mike Fisher would be tapped to fill Johansen's place yet even he could be out as well although I haven't seen nor heard of any status update on him.

#75 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

So Im not saying this will be easy and Im not saying its a guarantee, but at this point, the Ducks have zero excuses. Stanley Cup Finals or bust!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users