67 replies to this topic

#51 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

Boy does this team suck in 1st period or what? Once again, after the 1st period ended, they played a good game. The PP finally came through. The PK is looking better.

Interesting that RC put the Kase/Getz/Ritchie line back together.... seems like someone once said that line was a good line... hmmm ;)

#52 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:15 PM

Check out johansens quotes about Kessler being dirty. LOL! Kessler have the perfect response. "I play hard, I guess he doesn't like that"

That was badass.

#53 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,335 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:18 AM

"Everybody says we go about it the hard way," said Gibson (30 saves). "As long as we get the job done, that's all we're worried about."

link

#54 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,335 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:26 AM

Head Coach Randy Carlyle

On Kase's emergence
The one thing that's been consistent with him, he's been an energizer bunny that can play with pace, make plays in small areas, create space for himself and he's not afraid to go into those areas. Moving him up and down our lineup gives us some flexibility because he's a fearless player for his size. He goes into the areas and can make plays with good players.

link

#55 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

It was a nail biter, for sure.

After wanting to chop my hand off four minutes into the game.

#56 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:43 AM

link

Now John, I like you and support you as the franchise goalie. But do you really need to lie down with your pads stacked like Jim Craig for a full 10 seconds while your teammates do your job for you???

#57 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:47 AM

Now John, I like you and support you as the franchise goalie. But do you really need to lie down with your pads stacked like Jim Craig for a full 10 seconds while your teammates do your job for you???

Are you talking about that flurry where there were like 4-5 shots and only 1 that Gibson had to block? Because I see a guy who is swimming, do everything he can to be in some sort of position to make a stop. If he takes the time to try and get up, and a puck gets through? Oh boy. 

#58 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

Are you talking about that flurry where there were like 4-5 shots and only 1 that Gibson had to block? Because I see a guy who is swimming, do everything he can to be in some sort of position to make a stop. If he takes the time to try and get up, and a puck gets through? Oh boy. 

That's true. But that was a long time to be down.

Itd also look dumb if a puck went top shelf.

#59 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:28 AM

That's true. But that was a long time to be down.

Itd also look dumb if a puck went too shelf.

It was a long time to be down because it was a long time for the puck not to be cleared and a long time for the Preds to be taking shots.

You dont do that. You stay in the position that at least allows you to make some sort of play ont he puck. In the time it takes for a goalie to actually get his ass off the ice and into a defensible position, there is too much that can go on. Thats why you almost always see a goalie stay down until his team clears the puck or gains possession.

I think he was right to stay down and do his 80's exercises

lunapic_137063842630143_2.gif

#60 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

It was a long time to be down because it was a long time for the puck not to be cleared and a long time for the Preds to be taking shots.

You dont do that. You stay in the position that at least allows you to make some sort of play ont he puck. In the time it takes for a goalie to actually get his ass off the ice and into a defensible position, there is too much that can go on. Thats why you almost always see a goalie stay down until his team clears the puck or gains possession.

I think he was right to stay down and do his 80's exercises

lunapic_137063842630143_2.gif

I just imagined Gibson in a unitard and now I can't unsee it.

#61 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

I just imagined Gibson in a unitard and now I can't unsee it.

That flow tho

tumblr_n3tl1tn8Qd1qfupawo1_500.png

#62 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

That has been a common theme for these playoffs in my opinion. With few exceptions, the Ducks have beaten themselves when they have lost.

It's not to take credit from the other team, be it the Oilers or Preds in Game 1, I believe your opponent gets credit for forcing you into sloppy play. With that said I feel the Ducks have had a higher percentage of defensive breakdowns turn into a goal against. When they clean that stuff up they look like they can beat anyone.

Goal #1:  Montour joins the rush - no problem.  Cogliano and Lindholm somehow do not recognize this.  Just brutal.

Goal #2: Gibson just SPACES out.  Vatanen (or Manson?) decides to not beat the s* out of Arvidsson for standing in the crease.  Again, beer league.

Goal #3: Silfverberg makes a TERRIBLE pass.  Gibson overplays Arvidsson and is left swimming.  Theodore decides Arvidsson - BEHIND THE NET - is more dangerous than THE PUCK coming out into the crease.  Getzlaf does not pick up Forsberg, which he could have by moving his feet.  When you get 4 out of 6 guys on the ice boning it, you know you are definitely DOING IT WRONG!!!!!

#63 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:04 AM

Thank God Nashville did it WRONGER and lost the game!

#64 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:13 AM

Goal #1:  Montour joins the rush - no problem.  Cogliano and Lindholm somehow do not recognize this.  Just brutal.

Goal #2: Gibson just SPACES out.  Vatanen (or Manson?) decides to not beat the s* out of Arvidsson for standing in the crease.  Again, beer league.

Goal #3: Silfverberg makes a TERRIBLE pass.  Gibson overplays Arvidsson and is left swimming.  Theodore decides Arvidsson - BEHIND THE NET - is more dangerous than THE PUCK coming out into the crease.  Getzlaf does not pick up Forsberg, which he could have by moving his feet.  When you get 4 out of 6 guys on the ice boning it, you know you are definitely DOING IT WRONG!!!!!

Goal #3 was a complete s*show from everyone involved. Bad pass, bad recovery, bad play on puck, bad positioning. Getzlaf should have taken Forsberg out and taken a penalty.

#65 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

Thank God Nashville WRONGER and lost the game!

Exactly.

Hockey, after all, is a game of mistakes. Especially in the playoffs.

#66 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

Exactly.

Hockey, after all, is a game of mistakes. Especially in the playoffs.

True that.

The team with the less no. of mistakes generally always wins the game and eventually the series. And it's why each mistake gets amplified and put under a microscope by fans after a game.

It's a game of who can make the least amount of mistakes.

#67 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

True that.

The team with the less no. of mistakes generally always wins. And it's why each mistake gets amplified and put under a microscope by fans after a game.

It's a game of who can make the least amount of mistakes.

Coupled with taking advantage of the other team's mistakes.

PP goal here, scoring on a bad line change by the other team there, putting a quick one on a goalie cheating/looking away for a split second to check for other skaters that can receive a pass, etc.

#68 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

Coupled with taking advantage of the other team's mistakes.

PP goal here, scoring on a bad line change by the other team there, putting a quick one on a goalie cheating/looking away for a split second to check for other skaters that can receive a pass, etc.

Yes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT, Round 3, Game 2, Playoffs, Western Conference Final

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users