4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:33 PM

Confirmed

Predators' Johansen out for playoffs

http://www.tsn.ca/pr...ayoffs-1.756740

Too bad. I was looking forward to booing the whiner every time he touched the puck in Game 5.

#77 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:33 PM

Veteran Moves

Pretty funny

#78 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:48 PM

NHL Network talking heads are pointing to a 2nd period hit by Manson that could have been the trigger. And that TSN article is attributing "John Manson" with taking out Fisher. If so, then Manson was a heck of a wrecking machine out there and our boys may be targets tomorrow.

The Predators also could be without captain Mike Fisher, a depth-line centre. Fisher was injured during the third period of Game 4 when Anaheim defenceman John Manson accidentally hit him in the head with a knee while leaping to reach a puck.

link

Ducks still have to win two games against a Preds team that could still try to rise to the occasion. We can use any puck luck and good bounces the hockey gods can spare. :clover:

#79 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

Good, let the hate flow through them. Let their emotions take over and take them completely out of the series.

#80 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

I missed how Johansen was injuried. Does anybody see or know how he was injured?

Sounds like Karma for his boarding of Manson on their 2nd goal tying the game late in regulation.

#81 JLL

JLL

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

I missed how Johansen was injuried. Does anybody see or know how he was injured?

Sounds like Karma for his boarding of Manson on their 2nd goal tying the game late one regulation.

NHL Live showed a replay of a hit he took from Manson late in the 2nd. Good hit, but Manson's knee gets him on the back of the left thigh.

#82 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,062 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

Good, let the hate flow through them. Let their emotions take over and take them completely out of the series.

Did you just turn into a sith??

#83 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

NHL Live showed a replay of a hit he took from Manson late in the 2nd. Good hit, but Manson's knee gets him on the back of the left thigh.

Thanks!

#84 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

Looks like a nothing play, until Johansen hobbles away and looks to be in pain on the bench.  Nothing dirty with that check.

Would this make Manson a Predator of Predators?

#85 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

Looks like a nothing play, until Johansen hobbles away and looks to be in pain on the bench.  Nothing dirty with that check.

Would this make Manson a Predator of Predators?

This was Manson's payback for being knocked out of the playoffs in game 1 vs. NSH last year by Forsberg's dirty hit except it was a 2 for 1 this year taking out Johansen and Fisher.

#86 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

It was enough of a hit to cause him to need surgery.    Or was it Josh Manson's twin, John, that did it?   Wouldn't that be fun for an unknown twin?

#87 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

Wow! Insane news, sucks to see a guy go out like that.

In terms of the series I agree the Ducks are now in a VERY good position to take 2 of 3. The Preds will be playing with a LOT of emotion and "do it for Johansen" type attitude. I think this only makes the series marginally in favor of the Ducks.

Kesler better be sticking onto Forsberg like white and rice now. No other Pred is even close to as threatening with Johansen out.

#88 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

My son said Miss Underwood canceled her food order this morning.  One could surmise that Mr. Fisher is not playing tomorrow.  That, or she just decided not to go to the game.

#89 JLL

JLL

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

While it's good fortune for the Ducks, I hate to see a player go down like that. Of course, the question now is: How many dives can Forsberg and Subban take before they start calling it . . .

#90 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

Sounds like Karma for his boarding of Manson on their 2nd goal tying the game late in regulation.

Apparently he missed one of those sticks he was "pulling out of his groin after every shift", and it migrated to his thigh because of the underdevelopment of his groin.

So having no 'nads contributed to Johansen's demise.

#91 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

If Johansen is out for the remainder of the playoffs due to injury why would NSH not disclose what his actual injury is?

Not disclosing an injury is typically always done to protect the player when he eventually comes back into the lineup so opponents can't take advantage of it. So it makes no sense whatsoever to not disclose it now unless I'm missing something.

#92 JLL

JLL

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

If Johansen is out for the remainder of the playoffs due to injury why would NSH not disclose what his actual injury is?
Not disclosing an injury is typically always done to protect the player when he eventually comes back into the lineup so opponents can't take advantage of it. So it makes no sense whatsoever to not disclose it now unless I'm missing something.

I don't know how much disclosure you want; NHL.com reported that he had emergency surgery on his thigh, and would be out 2-3 months.

#93 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

I don't know how much disclosure you want; NHL.com reported that he had emergency surgery on his thigh, and would be out 2-3 months.

I see the problem. My bad.

I was speed reading the report on NHL.com and the undisclosed injury reference was actually for Fisher in the same article and not for Johansen.

#94 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:50 AM

Curtis Zupke‏ @curtiszupke  4 hours ago
Per NHL stat gurus, the Ducks-Preds series has been tied or within one goal for 89% of the total playing time (284:38 of 319:49).

https://twitter.com/...150400784703488

#95 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,600 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

Their problem has become the 3rd period.  The Preds are destroying them in the 3rd.

#96 SurfCityDuck

SurfCityDuck

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

Their problem has become the 3rd period.  The Preds are destroying them in the 3rd.

Spot on. They're out scoring the Ducks 6-2 in the 3rd. 6-0 since Game 2.

#97 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

Nashville, TN - Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile gave this update on the condition of forward Ryan Johansen on Sunday:

"On Thursday, May 25, Ryan Johansen was treated for an acute compartment syndrome of the left thigh. Rapid diagnosis and treatment are critical to prevent complications. His symptoms developed shortly after the end of Game Four in Nashville, and as they progressed, he was diagnosed, transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center and had surgery performed by head team physician Dr. Jed Kuhn within two hours of his diagnosis. As a result, he had no permanent injury to his muscle, nerves or blood vessels and we expect a full and complete recovery.

https://www.nhl.com/...sen/c-289548770

#98 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:16 AM

Anaheim Ducks‏ @AnaheimDucks 9 hours ago
INJURY UPDATES: RC said both Patrick Eaves and Rickard Rakell (lower-body injuries) did not travel and are out for tomorrow's Game 6.

https://twitter.com/...429066794213376

#99 hi_from_ca

hi_from_ca

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:22 AM

Anaheim Ducks‏ @AnaheimDucks 9 hours ago
INJURY UPDATES: RC said both Patrick Eaves and Rickard Rakell (lower-body injuries) did not travel and are out for tomorrow's Game 6.

https://twitter.com/...429066794213376

This pisses me off, since NBC SHOWED the video of Rakell's injury, Neill with a cheap trip away from the puck. 

#100 SurfCityDuck

SurfCityDuck

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:47 AM

Neal should be suspended for as long as Rakell is out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users