28 replies to this topic

#26 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,724 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:10 AM

They toughened up that rule after Crosby slashed off Methot's fingertip last season.

I like the rule for the hands/arms, anything above the belt, anything to the groin, and any two-handed lumberjack swings.

I DON'T like the rule if it's just smacks to the shin pads or pants - like Boll's last night - or if it's to the stick below the bottom hand.  All of your life as a hockey player you are taught to get body position and if you can't get body position, GO TO WORK ON THE OTHER GUY'S STICK.  Good stick work is good hockey.  You should be able to aggressively attack another guy's stick.

#27 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,824 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

You should be able to aggressively attack another guy's stick.

giggity.jpg

#28 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,724 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

giggity.jpg

Call it "The Weinstein Rule" 

#29 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

ALL the slashes are BS!

You know what though? I don't mind the rule. You hit a guy with your stick it's a slash ... even a tap. I have NO PROBLEM with that rule. 

Was this a response to wrist/hand injuries?

The problem? They call it now, in the first period on an innocent play. In the second period in a 4-1 game. They might call it late in a big situation, but not every time. Will they call it on Sid? Or some other guy the perceive as a real skill "gentleman" player? f*** no. Will they call it at home against the Rangers late in the 3rd, NO. Will they call it in the playoffs, NO!!!!

And as soon as they give an inch, now everyone is back to the little "tap" slashes and it becomes a 50/50 deal as to if they call it.

I HATE IT. Penalties don't make the game more exciting they make it more frustrating. They chop up and slow down the game. If you are really worried about injuries, then any chop on the opponents body even a slight one is 2 minutes. All season long. They'll stop doing it if it's illegal. But it won't be. We'll be bitching about slashing calls all season long.

Touching a guy with your stick is a penalty or it's not. 

Seriously? 3? I knew he was playing his 80th game and was joking all night about him getting his first goal and it being our first PP goal and his first NHL goal. I don't know the guy at all but was so happy for the guy, 80 games he FINALLY gets it, and what a nice goal it was!

Damn that sucks. 

The look on his face when they called it back really says I all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users