Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:48 AM

#1678 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

I didnt know where else to post this but thus far Shea Theodore couldnt crack the Vegas Knights, roster.

#1679 JLL

JLL

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

I didnt know where else to post this but thus far Shea Theodore couldnt crack the Vegas Knights, roster.

Think there's more to it longer term; he's waiver ineligible so he can go down protected, and they can't lose him. And some more time in the A wouldn't hurt him.

#1680 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

They have too many D right now.  He'll be up there in no time.

#1681 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,736 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:16 AM

Think there's more to it longer term; he's waiver ineligible so he can go down protected, and they can't lose him. And some more time in the A wouldn't hurt him.

All reports Ive heard that the only reason he is down is because the big club is already carrying 9 Dmen in hopes to trade some and Theo was waiver exempt so they stuck guys where they could as to not lose any assets for nothing.

#1682 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,156 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:59 AM

All reports Ive heard that the only reason he is down is because the big club is already carrying 9 Dmen in hopes to trade some and Theo was waiver exempt so they stuck guys where they could as to not lose any assets for nothing.

I believe Shipachyov is down too.  And he's supposed to be pretty good.

#1683 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,736 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

I believe Shipachyov is down too.  And he's supposed to be pretty good.

Yes, he was the other one I couldnt remember. Those guys are not down due to ability; simply a numbers game.

#1684 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,484 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

Heard this addressed on the Hockey News podcast and part of it has to do with you send the ones down that can go.  Those weird finaglings of your hockey club that don't always make sense.

#1685 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,736 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

SO JLL brought up a point about how even if we got Douchene, we might not be able to keep him once his contract is up. I dont think that is necessarily true.

Vatanen is likely int his trade - $4.875mil

Cogs could be gone after this season or also included in that trade - $3mil

Vermette wont be back - $1.75mil

Perry and Eaves are possible trade/cut candidates at some point. Not going to really factor that in here but thought it was worth a mention. (I do not think Perry will play out his contract in ANA).

Rumor also has it that as soon as next season, we could be looking at a $80mil Salary Cap.

Douchene currently makes $6mil. Once his contract is up, he is probably looking at a pay raise... $8mil a year?

Yes, guys like Silfver are going to be getting a raise too, but probably a $2mil bump for him?

Lots of numbers, lots of moving parts, lots of guessing BUT if you look at what you have now, DOuchene could easily fit into their long term plans, especially if you get young guys like Steel and Jones to come in on ELC's and produce.

#1686 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,746 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

SO JLL brought up a point about how even if we got Douchene, we might not be able to keep him once his contract is up. I dont think that is necessarily true.

Perry and Eaves are possible trade/cut candidates at some point. Not going to really factor that in here but thought it was worth a mention. (I do not think Perry will play out his contract in ANA).

Rumor also has it that as soon as next season, we could be looking at a $80mil Salary Cap.

Douchene currently makes $6mil. Once his contract is up, he is probably looking at a pay raise... $8mil a year?

Yes, guys like Silfver are going to be getting a raise too, but probably a $2mil bump for him?

Lots of numbers, lots of moving parts, lots of guessing BUT if you look at what you have now, DOuchene could easily fit into their long term plans, especially if you get young guys like Steel and Jones to come in on ELC's and produce.

I certainly just would GIVE AWAY Perry, Eaves (he never plays anyway!) and Vatanen's money to get him in here and keep him.

The question is how do we get Perry's $ off the books?

#1687 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,656 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

Once the trade is finalized you are going to have to do something about this....

I certainly just would GIVE AWAY Perry, Eaves (he never plays anyway!) and Vatanen's money to get him in here and keep him.

Link him with Harvey, somehow?

#1688 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,736 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

My point was even with Perry and Eaves right now, we could make it work.

Ive got no idea how to handle Perry or how to get rid of his contract. Its not going to be easy and its not going to be cheap. Might have to take a bad contract back or be willing to give up some really high picks. Pretty sure his is a full NMC too so hes going to have to sign off on anything that happens too.

#1689 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,656 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

I would try to put Cogs in that trade for three reasons:

1. to save cap

2. he will most likely not be re-upped

3. it would get a young guy in here to see what he could do

Our recent drafted young forwards, outside of Rakell, are not looking so hot.  I'm looking at Ritchie and Kerdiles.

#1690 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,736 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

Once the trade is finalized you are going to have to do something about this....

When the trade is finalized and he is wearing #9 for Anaheim I will gladly stop calling him Douchene

I would try to put Cogs in that trade for three reasons:

1. to save cap

2. he will most likely not be re-upped

3. it would get a young guy in here to see what he could do

Our recent drafted young forwards, outside of Rakell, are not looking so hot.  I'm looking at Ritchie and Kerdiles.

I hate the idea of trading Cogs but Im kinda with you. It gives this forward group a new identity and its using an asset you probably wont have back anyway. Biggest downside is that right now, we cant really afford to trade away any forwards, especially top 9 forwards.

#1691 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,656 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

When the trade is finalized and he is wearing #9 for Anaheim I will gladly stop calling him Douchene

I hate the idea of trading Cogs but Im kinda with you. It gives this forward group a new identity and its using an asset you probably wont have back anyway. Biggest downside is that right now, we cant really afford to trade away any forwards, especially top 9 forwards.

If getting Duchene meant moving Cogs, I have no problem with Fiore or Kopacka or Kossila or Nattinen or Roy or Soy or Jones or Steel or Hammer or Stone or Cage or Diggler or whoever in the lineup.

Throw Ritchie in there to "sweeten" the deal.  

The problem with trading Cogs is that then the only guy on the team who can skate his way out of a paper bag is Fowler.

#1692 JLL

JLL

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

I don't want to lose Cogs, and I don't think it'll take a big raise to keep him. Nor do I think he would be the piece that would make or break a Duchene deal. Jones or Steel might be. But the way he's playing, they price isn't coming down, and I still say we don't sell off what little FW future we have to do the deal. Vats-Kerdiles-1st; Vats-Ritchie-2nd; I'm ok with either of those, but no more.

We're going to have to gut this out.

#1693 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,156 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

The only way to move Perry would be to retain at least 40% of his salary. At 5million he is actually a decent roster player.

#1694 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,736 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

The only way to move Perry would be to retain at least 40% of his salary. At 5million he is actually a decent roster player.

I dont think thats true. You just have to find the ARI type team at the time and help them along in their rebuild process to take on, say, 2 years of Perry. Hes not dead weight, just isnt the player hes being paid to be.

Dont get me wrong, your plan could work, if you are willing to eat that much of his contract.

I don't want to lose Cogs, and I don't think it'll take a big raise to keep him. Nor do I think he would be the piece that would make or break a Duchene deal. Jones or Steel might be. But the way he's playing, they price isn't coming down, and I still say we don't sell off what little FW future we have to do the deal. Vats-Kerdiles-1st; Vats-Ritchie-2nd; I'm ok with either of those, but no more.

We're going to have to gut this out.

With the way Cogliano has played, I think he could get $4mil easy, maybe even $5mil on the open market. Ideally, Im not getting rid of ANY young forwards. Ritchie has not become the guy I had hoped, but hes still a top 9 guy. Kerdiles could maybe possibly be a 4th liner, so I dont hate giving him up but Id rather keep him than not.

#1695 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,913 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:37 PM

Retaining $3.45mil of any contract seems like a non-starter to me for Anaheim, short of getting back a superstar on an ELC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users