721 replies to this topic

#701 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:19 PM

If he rose from the dead he wouldn't win the Masterson; not playing this far West and South.

#702 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:31 PM

I know. They'll just give it to some dude who survived stage 1 skin cancer or something.

#703 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,334 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:34 AM

Cogliano has the sixth-longest consecutive games played streak at 697. Monday was the latest example of his durability when he was shaken up by a hit but played on.

"I don't think people realize how tough he is," Boudreau said. "The way he handles himself as a professional is, to me, outstanding. I've never seen anything like it from any other player."

link

#704 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:32 AM

I love Cogs and I think what hes been able to do has been amazing but when you look at the crap that a guy like Vinny Lecavalier has had to endure and to see how well hes doing on his new team, thats a guy I think that could win it.

#705 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,334 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:01 PM

Cogliano moved past St. Louis defenseman Jay Bouwmeester as he continued the longest active streak Tuesday night in Montreal. Next on the list is Craig Ramsay, who played in 776 straight for Buffalo. Cogliano can possibly move into fourth on March 22 at home against Edmonton.

“I’ve been very fortunate and very lucky,” Cogliano said. “I think that’s the obvious thing. I’ve taken pride in how I approach a game and what I do in terms of the offseason. Surrounding myself with good people. I think that combined has helped me accomplish this.

“I’m proud of it but it’s not something I think about every day. I just want to be in the lineup, help the team win and be a part of a good team.”

“You can’t look past it either,” Getzlaf said. “He’s obviously played through some things that some guys don’t. You can’t stop anything from getting stomach bug or getting the flu at some point. He’s just been able to maintain his body and get on the ice when he needed to.”

“It’s a tribute to the player for his commitment to the game and for his commitment to getting himself ready game in and game out,” Ducks coach Randy Carlyle said. “Not taking any games off where a lot of players would have an option where he doesn’t seem to want that option.”

link

#706 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,334 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

Eric Stephens‏ @icemancometh        5 hours ago
Andrew Cogliano is the #NHLDucks nominee for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy by the Anaheim chapter of the PHWA.

https://twitter.com/...461649900912640

#707 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

It really is about time they actually gave him that trophy.

#708 JLL

JLL

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

Couldn't agree more.

#709 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,606 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

It really is about time they actually gave him that trophy.

100%

#710 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

Ditto

#711 Wigeon

Wigeon

Legend

• Members
  • 8,118 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

I agree!

#712 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,701 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

I agree!

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but there is no sport even remotely close, is there? Football they get a week off. Baseball has no contact. Basketball there is only some contact. Soccer PFFT and they get lots more time off between games. If you watch a guy like Cogliano he's like on the ice and in 5 seconds he's out of breath, stays out there another 45 seconds, gets hit a couple times, falls to the ice 3 times, skates as fast as he can the the whole time, gets chopped on the ankle by a stick and then shoved into the boards. Then he repeats that 20 more times in the next 2 hours. 82 times. Plus playoffs. When's the last time you saw him slash a guy? Argue with a ref? Take a shift off? Say something bad about his former teammate? They shouldn't give him the Masterton trophy, they should name the god damn thing the Cogliano trophy.

#713 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,606 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but there is no sport even remotely close, is there? Football they get a week off. Baseball has no contact. Basketball there is only some contact. Soccer PFFT and they get lots more time off between games. If you watch a guy like Cogliano he's like on the ice and in 5 seconds he's out of breath, stays out there another 45 seconds, gets hit a couple times, falls to the ice 3 times, skates as fast as he can the the whole time, gets chopped on the ankle by a stick and then shoved into the boards. Then he repeats that 20 more times in the next 2 hours. 82 times. Plus playoffs. When's the last time you saw him slash a guy? Argue with a ref? Take a shift off? Say something bad about his former teammate? They shouldn't give him the Masterton trophy, they should name the god damn thing the Cogliano trophy.

Word.

#714 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

BEST, POST, EVER!!!

#715 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:46 AM

He's got two things going against him though... He doesn't play in the East, and he doesn't play in Canada.

#716 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

SO Cogs is a finalist for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy , but hes up against Craig Anderse(o)n. After what CA went through with his wife, award is his.

#717 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,701 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

SO Cogs is a finalist for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy , but hes up against Craig Anderse(o)n. After what CA went through with his wife, award is his.

Cogs gets screwed. Again.

#718 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,606 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

f*** him.  Give it to his wife.

#719 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

UFA at year end. Do you extend him, trade him or lose him? Or do you wait until the TDL comes close and see where you are at int he standings? 

#720 thedozen

thedozen

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

Maybe this would be buying high, but given that line's performance last season I'd sign up for 2 more years at a reasonable rate.

#721 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

Maybe this would be buying high, but given that line's performance last season I'd sign up for 2 more years at a reasonable rate.

Im torn. I like Cogs but he isnt exactly an offensive stud. Id be willing to look into trading him, otherwise I would wait until the TDL and see where we stand

#722 Wigeon

Wigeon

Legend

• Members
  • 8,118 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

I'd keep him, at least until TDL, we need good shutdown players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users