93 replies to this topic

#51 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,028 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:37 PM

I was.  And RGS may have changed my mind.  But I'm not sure yet.  I think Lindholm and Fowler could handle an extra 30 seconds of PK time each per game.

Speaking of Lindholm, count me as one who would like to see Lindholm play 23 minutes a night EVERY night for the rest of the run.

So you actually were suggesting that Theo is a big liability on the PK?

#52 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:54 PM

NO!

#53 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,028 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

NO!

:wacko:

#54 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:22 PM

I was suggesting that the ice time he is getting on the PK may be better served by just giving our other Dmen more minutes.  

#55 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,028 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:27 AM

What in the hell happened to this guy?

We were all so big on him last year.

This year, he can't even make the roster out of camp.

WTH

#56 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,815 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:28 AM

Ive seen so many people ask this question but for me is VERY simple.

Larsson has 9 games to show what hes got before hes sent back to the SEL. Theodore is in SD and can be recalled at anytime. They wanted to see what Larsson could do because once they send him back, they cant recall him all season

#57 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,028 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:36 AM

Ive seen so many people ask this question but for me is VERY simple.

Larsson has 9 games to show what hes got before hes sent back to the SEL. Theodore is in SD and can be recalled at anytime. They wanted to see what Larsson could do because once they send him back, they cant recall him all season

Well, we will certainly see in 6 more games if you're right.

But this kid has nothing else to learn oversees. You could see him struggling with the quicker game because of the smaller rink size here in N/A, but he's getting better pretty quickly.

Also, he is eligible to play in the AHL, which is much better training for him than the SEL at this point. I just don't see us sending him back to Sweden. He's too good already.

#58 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,815 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:43 AM

Well, we will certainly see in 6 more games if you're right.

But this kid has nothing else to learn oversees. You could see him struggling with the quicker game because of the smaller rink size here in N/A, but he's getting better pretty quickly.

Also, he is eligible to play in the AHL, which is much better training for him than the SEL at this point. I just don't see us sending him back to Sweden. He's too good already.

Im not sure how it works, all I know is the only place he can go back to from what I have read, is Sweden. age or contract status maybe keeping him from the AHL? No clue.

From what I understand, if the Ducks keep him here past the 9 games, he has to stay on our roster. Hopefully someone has more info on this

#59 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,028 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:00 PM

Im not sure how it works, all I know is the only place he can go back to from what I have read, is Sweden. age or contract status maybe keeping him from the AHL? No clue.

From what I understand, if the Ducks keep him here past the 9 games, he has to stay on our roster. Hopefully someone has more info on this

Looks like he's allowed to play in the AHL, as proven by him playing a game for SD in their playoffs less than six months ago.

The under-20 thing for the AHL is for players from Canadian juniors only, IIRC.

Where did you see it being claimed the only place other than ANA he can be after 9 gsmes is the SEL?

#60 Always Mighty

Always Mighty

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:02 PM

If he plays 10 or more games, his contract officially begins this year. He can still be sent to Sweden at any point this season (I'm pretty sure Philadelphia did that with Sbisa in his rookie year, he played 30ish games and then sent him down, beginning his ELC), but his contract will have officially begun. The age limit for the AHL primarily applies to the CHL, not European players. However, some European players have clauses in their contracts that allow them to keep playing in their home country if they aren't in the NHL. I believe Larsson has one of those clauses.

As for Theodore, I watched both San Diego games over the weekend, and I liked what I saw. I think it's like someone else already said, they're getting a better look at Larsson right now and can bring Theodore up whenever they want.

#61 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,815 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:23 PM

Looks like he's allowed to play in the AHL, as proven by him playing a game for SD in their playoffs less than six months ago.

The under-20 thing for the AHL is for players from Canadian juniors only, IIRC.

Where did you see it being claimed the only place other than ANA he can be after 9 gsmes is the SEL?

One of the many different "who made the roster" articles. Honestly cant remember. I just remember seeing it as the way his contract was written. Maybe he was allowed to play in SD because his SEL season was over?

#62 Always Mighty

Always Mighty

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:34 PM

One of the many different "who made the roster" articles. Honestly cant remember. I just remember seeing it as the way his contract was written. Maybe he was allowed to play in SD because his SEL season was over?

I believe that's correct. Similar to how some junior players get a couple AHL games before returning to juniors the following season.

#63 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,815 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:34 PM

Theodore just played a few awesome games and is now being sent back to SD.

I know Lindholm is now added to the roster but hes not going to be here for a few weeks. So you are going to have 6 healthy and available Dmen?

I guess it could be because Bernier is injured but not on IR. Lindholm on the roster puts us at 23. Carrying 13 forwards, 7 d and 3 goalies. 

I do NOT like our D as long as we are without Lindholm or Theodore.

Fowler/Manson

Vats/Bieksa

Stoner/Holzer

#64 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,718 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:59 PM

Theodore just played a few awesome games and is now being sent back to SD.

I know Lindholm is now added to the roster but hes not going to be here for a few weeks. So you are going to have 6 healthy and available Dmen?

I guess it could be because Bernier is injured but not on IR. Lindholm on the roster puts us at 23. Carrying 13 forwards, 7 d and 3 goalies. 

I do NOT like our D as long as we are without Lindholm or Theodore.

Fowler/Manson

Vats/Bieksa

Stoner/Holzer

Weird.  i would have thought they kept Theodore up until Lindholm was ready.  Man, does Theodore make things happen out there, or what?

#65 ducksalltheway

ducksalltheway

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

I think they may do that a lot to save $ this season.

If they do not call him up for tomorow they are really dumb. Even when Lindholm is back Theodore should be a lock. He s miles better than Bieksa Stoner Holzer and Bieksa on PP is a joke.

#66 Always Mighty

Always Mighty

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

I wonder if they are going to do the Bobby Ryan thing where they send him down on non-game days to get a little extra cap room.

#67 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:18 PM

Thats lame unless its what AM is suggesting. 

#68 QuackHead

QuackHead

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:31 PM

Too bad, he's been good. Hope they trade vats for a young 20+ goal winger and bring teddy up.

#69 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:41 PM

Too bad, he's been good. Hope they trade vats for a young 20+ goal winger and bring teddy up.

Hey! You're calling him teddy now too!

#70 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,815 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:49 PM

It's Theo damnit lol

From what I understand, Lindholm is on the active roster and thus taking one of the 23 spots. Until Bernier is back or until he's placed on IR, we're using Theos spot on the backup goalie.

Same with Rakell. He's not on IR, so he's taking an active roster spot

Interesting, how long have you been on the trade Vats over Fowler side? I thought TL and I were the lonely few in that camp

#71 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,028 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:56 PM

It's Theo damnit lol

From what I understand, Lindholm is on the active roster and thus taking one of the 23 spots. Until Bernier is back or until he's placed on IR, we're using Theos spot on the backup goalie.

Same with Rakell. He's not on IR, so he's taking an active roster spot

Interesting, how long have you been on the trade Vats over Fowler side? I thought TL and I were the lonely few in that camp

You are allowed an extra player (= 24) if it's a goalie injury situation.

As for trading Vatanen, that's crazy. He's the one and only proven offensive defenseman we have that is effective on the PP. Unless we're getting back a Taylor Hall quality player, fageddaboutit.

(why weren't we in on Hall?????  :emoayangry: )

#72 QuackHead

QuackHead

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:43 PM

.  I used to prefer to keep vats because of his pp shot, playoff intensity, but fowler has really upped his play this season.

also, when it really seemed to be either one of them has to go due to cap problems, i decided id rather keep fowler. it was a toss up for me for a while but when it comes down to it, fowler adds more to the team.

#73 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:16 PM

I'd trade whichever one gets us a better return.

#74 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,028 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:33 AM

xtina-rolls-her-neck-o.gif

#75 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,815 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:25 AM

You are allowed an extra player (= 24) if it's a goalie injury situation.

As for trading Vatanen, that's crazy. He's the one and only proven offensive defenseman we have that is effective on the PP. Unless we're getting back a Taylor Hall quality player, fageddaboutit.

(why weren't we in on Hall?????  :emoayangry: )

I remember something about that extra skater ina  goalie injury situation... If thats the case, then I really dont know why he was sent down.

Proven, ok I get that. Theodore though, appears to have the best vision out of any of these guys when it comes to the offensive side of the puck. its early and I could just be hyped on the kid, but he makes plays and when he gets more and more comfortable, its only going to get better.

Remember though too, last season Vats couldnt do jack on the PP until almost the half way mark. Hampus was the better PP option. This year Fowler is looking like hes the better PP option. I'm not saying this to bash Vatanen or say hes not important to the PP, only that we've done it without him being productive before and other D have stepped up and posses the abilities to do so.

Im not down on Vatanen. I like the guy, he brings a lot to the blueline and is certainly a very good player. I've just said since day 1, Id rather keep Fowler over Vats. For me, Fowler might not be the same offensive talent, but his overall game, I believe, to be better. Hes a better defender, better skater, and better puck distributor. Vatanen is the quicker guy with a better shot and better offensive skillset. Vats is also a bit more tenacious.

I think a guy like Theo can come in and better replace whats missing if you traded Vats over Fowler. Plus, keeping Fowler gives a little more stability to the blueline. 

.  I used to prefer to keep vats because of his pp shot, playoff intensity, but fowler has really upped his play this season.

also, when it really seemed to be either one of them has to go due to cap problems, i decided id rather keep fowler. it was a toss up for me for a while but when it comes down to it, fowler adds more to the team.

Ok, cool. Like I said i thought TL and I were the silent minority on that one. Id agree with your overall assessment, its kind of a toss up but Id rather keep Camerica.

I'd trade whichever one gets us a better return.

This is probably the most logical way to go about it, if they decide to trade anyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users