196 replies to this topic

#26 DUX714

DUX714

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:05 PM

My question is not really talent related however I think he has played quite well so far.  He is young and should be able to get more NHL adjusted quickly.

Question I have is he gets to wear #37 and Raks wears #67.   Does Raks enjoy the high number?  Are the days gone of younger players having to earn a lower number? Just a couple years ago DSP, Etem and Palms had high numbers for a while I think?

#27 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:38 PM

I think it's gone. Lindholm is wearing 47. Vatanen is 45. Cakes is 46. Rak is 67.

Thank god too. That s* is stupid.

#28 TroyLoney

TroyLoney

The franchise's first captain

• Members
  • 9,970 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:20 PM

I think he projects to be a Milan Lucic type of player. Going way back in the Ducks history (as I know you can, LGD) think of a guy like Scott Young or Mike Leclerc - but bigger.

If he could be 6'3" and 230+ pounds AND had the dangle/moves we see from other teams top picks, he'd be one of the greatest players in the history of the sport. Think Alexander Ovechkin. As it stands I think Ritchie is going to be a great second line player for many years with the potential to be a first line player.

#29 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:32 PM

Yeah, I don't get how you are saying that you don't see Ritchie as a 20 goal guy and compare him to Leclerc, LGD.  In his best season here, that's exactly what Leclerc was.  A 20 goal, 40 point guy.  I bet Ritchie could be at least a 20 goal, 50 point guy (similar to Lucic as troy said).    

#30 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

I said in here earlier "what is his projection" because I genuinely don't know what it is. At the number 10 pick and with a lot of buzz about him and the goals at San Diego and in the league at 19 I was thinking "Corey Perry" and saying that I have not seen that so far. If he turns into Mike Leclerc, I wouldn't call that a "bust" bust that seems almost a worst case scenario for a top 10 pick. 

I still hope he's more than that. Penner with some hustle was my initial call and if that turns out, that'd be great. Dustin Penner was far more skilled than Mike LeClerc, IMO.

#31 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:24 PM

I said in here earlier "what is his projection" because I genuinely don't know what it is. At the number 10 pick and with a lot of buzz about him and the goals at San Diego and in the league at 19 I was thinking "Corey Perry" and saying that I have not seen that so far. If he turns into Mike Leclerc, I wouldn't call that a "bust" bust that seems almost a worst case scenario for a top 10 pick. 

I still hope he's more than that. Penner with some hustle was my initial call and if that turns out, that'd be great. Dustin Penner was far more skilled than Mike LeClerc, IMO.

Definitely.  I see him at best as a MEAN Rick Nash and at worst a blue collar, hard hitting Penner.  Most likely he'll end up being a less douchy Lucic.

#32 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:57 AM

Still waiting to see it.

Remember, "potential" is a French word that in English means, "You ain't done s* yet".

I stole that from an old coach of mine....

#33 ducksalltheway

ducksalltheway

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:54 AM

So he looks like a 19 years old debuting in NHL playing with two offensive black holes. Poor Ritchie.

#34 Wigeon

Wigeon

Legend

• Members
  • 8,118 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:49 PM

^

Speaking of black holes.......just saying....

#35 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:25 PM

^
Speaking of "little tiny" black holes.......just saying....

Fixed it for you.

#36 Wigeon

Wigeon

Legend

• Members
  • 8,118 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:35 PM

;)

#37 fanatik2015

fanatik2015

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:51 PM

I like the guy.

#38 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:55 PM

Needs to work on his game.

#39 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

Shooting coach.

#40 QuackHead

QuackHead

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:22 PM

I'm a little dissapointed he hasn't found his scoring touch yet.  Why?  Also, is it too late to send him back down without clearing waivers.  I think his experiment on the 2nd line hasn't panned out.

#41 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:31 PM

I'm a little dissapointed he hasn't found his scoring touch yet.  Why?  Also, is it too late to send him back down without clearing waivers.  I think his experiment on the 2nd line hasn't panned out.

I don't think he's waiver eligible yet, so yes, I think they can send him down without that worry.

#42 seesaws

seesaws

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:36 PM

From yesterday:

Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks  22h

ROSTER MOVE: The #NHLDucks have reassigned left wing Nick Ritchie to the @SDGullsAHL

#43 thedozen

thedozen

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

Ritchie has gotten his chances and even a breakaway. I think it was right to promote him, but I don't blame the Ducks for sending him back either. He is definitely physical as well.

#44 QuackHead

QuackHead

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:45 PM

From yesterday:

Anaheim Ducks ‏@AnaheimDucks  22h

ROSTER MOVE: The #NHLDucks have reassigned left wing Nick Ritchie to the @SDGullsAHL

thanks, didn't know that.

#45 Always Mighty

Always Mighty

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

I don't know the exact number of games, but waivers don't come in to effect for players on ELCs until they have played a significant amount of NHL games. It's something that we won't have to worry about this season at all.

#46 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:25 PM

An 18-20 year old can play up to like 160 games on his ELC before he has to pass through waivers.

SB Nation

#47 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:30 PM

An 18-20 year old can play up to like 160 games on his ELC before he has to pass through waivers.

SB Nation

Since it's only SD, I would do the "Bobby Ryan Elevator Approach" with young Master Ritchie.

Up, down.  Up, down.  Up, down.

#48 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:05 PM

Since it's only SD, I would do the "Bobby Ryan Elevator Approach" with young Master Ritchie.

Until he sticks, I agree

#49 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:06 PM

You might be on to something there.

Maybe it will pump some goals out of him like Ryan did.

Kinda like bicycling a baby's legs to get him to poop.

#50 seesaws

seesaws

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:17 PM

During the time when Bobby Ryan was going back and forth between the A and the big club, I got his autograph at Face-Off Fest. While he was signing, I told him "I just picked you up on my fantasy team, you've gotta help me beat these guys (pointing to my buddies in line)". I'll never forget the look on his face after I said that. Dude, looked like his dog just died but kind of faked a smile and said "I'll try my best." The next morning it was reported that he got sent back to minors. So I'm sure he knew when I told him that. Anyway, he went back to the AHL tore it up, was called back to Anaheim and never looked back. I still take credit for that. I just need to run into Nick Ritchie now.

But back on topic, I do like the move of sending him down. Let him score some goals and get his confidence back up. He should dominate in SD even more with the NHL experience he's gained.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users