ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

All of Canada does it (the part that's obsessed about hockey, that is):

3 calls that Oilers fans can’t be happy about

In this case, this panel of top Canadian analysts blame the refs.. You know, because after all, the Oilers didn't get away with any infractions that weren't called on them.

#152 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

Ok, but we're fans.  We're allowed to get emotional about our team and overreact when things go either substantially North or South.  NBCSN analysts arn't supposed to be a bunch of f*ing fanboys.  "Anaheim is not going to win this series."  That's some unprofessional bulls* from Keith Jones, and I usually like what he has to say.  But I'd even be pissed if they said that about The Ducks.  An NHL playoff series doesn't end when the series is 2-1.  That's why they play the games.

You are right about that.

I'm only repeating my I'm sure tiresome "Is it real" thread of the last 3 or 4 years. Who exactly is this team? Remember 1-13-4 or something to start the one year? The torrid pace once Bruce showed up the one year? The domination leading to game 6 and 7 mental breakdowns? Then this year when for most of the year EVERYONE agreed this was a so-so team then they caught fire and what, now, in the most difficult part of the season is the record in the last 20 or so games? I think a fan should have a little more patience than does Keith Jones. 

#153 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

I'm only repeating my I'm sure tiresome "Is it real" thread of the last 3 or 4 years. Who exactly is this team? Remember 1-13-4 or something to start the one year? The torrid pace once Bruce showed up the one year? The domination leading to game 6 and 7 mental breakdowns? Then this year when for most of the year EVERYONE agreed this was a so-so team then they caught fire and what, now, in the most difficult part of the season is the record in the last 20 or so games? I think a fan should have a little more patience than does Keith Jones. 

That's backwards.  Fans are fanatical.  Keith Jones is supposed to analyze games.  It's his job, and they pay him money to do it.

#154 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

OK I'm gonna try not to be antagonistic about this.

But what the announcers did last night is what I have been accusing this board of doing all year long.

Exactly. I know you already agreed with this viewpoint from K9 so I won't say much about it but it is my view as well. We're fans, they are professionals. I bet they would be insulted if someone said "anyone can be a broadcaster it takes no additional training or education, just be a fan of a sports team and pretend you're on an anonymous internet blog". But that's how they're acting.

----

Regarding the game, I wasn't even all that panicked after the first period. Gibson kept us in it, and it's only 2 goals. THAT was the first period I expected in Game 3, but what we got was the perfect opposite. I didn't expect that again. I expected the Oilers to be playing the first home playoff game in a decade, and to have that crowd be AMPED and to get calls their way, to get a goal or two, and to certainly carry the play the entire period. The Ducks weathered the storm which is exactly what I hoped for.

#155 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

I'm not excusing those guys, I'm criticizing all you guys!

#156 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

In this case, this panel of top Canadian analysts blame the refs.. You know, because after all, the Oilers didn't get away with any infractions that weren't called on them.

They're upset because no one was within 30 ft of Silfverberg, except Talbot.

They're taking it out on everything except their own team for completely falling apart defensively.

#157 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

Well the funny thing is too, those are all borderline calls. Sure if you slow them way the hell down you can find something wrong but its not like they were blatant.

1) Thats not goalie interference. Perry is trying to gedt around the defender, who gives him a push, and there is minimal incidental contact which appears to have no affect on Talbot. He was still able to make a play ont he puck.

2) Well lets just say for the sake of argument that it was offsides. It wasnt blatant, it was happening fast AND the Oil already used their challenge. Sorry.

3) I think the ref made the right call. The Edmonton player was playing Silfver, not the puck. I hate icing calls where the defender is dogging it. They have an obligation to the puck, not the player who hasnt touched the puck.

#158 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

Well the funny thing is too, those are all borderline calls. Sure if you slow them way the hell down you can find something wrong but its not like they were blatant.

1) Thats not goalie interference. Perry is trying to gedt around the defender, who gives him a push, and there is minimal incidental contact which appears to have no affect on Talbot. He was still able to make a play ont he puck.
2) Well lets just say for the sake of argument that it was offsides. It wasnt blatant, it was happening fast AND the Oil already used their challenge. Sorry.
3) I think the ref made the right call. The Edmonton player was playing Silfver, not the puck. I hate icing calls where the defender is dogging it. They have an obligation to the puck, not the player who hasnt touched the puck.

On #3: Oilers fans don't seem to understand that if you are able to play the puck and choose not to, it's not icing.

It's not really about patience. It's about passion. Fans are reactionary. When the team was playing so-so, most fans weren't that enthused. When they started winning, fans felt that energy and got excited. It's not the job of the fans to be patient. It's the job of fans to be both critical and enthusiastic. We pay good money to do that. Jones gets paid, he's not supposed to make irrational statements based on emotion.

#159 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

They're upset because no one was within 30 ft of Silfverberg, except Talbot.

They're taking it out on everything except their own team for completely falling apart defensively.

Did you see Lucic on that play?

It looked like he completely forgot what he was in the building for.

#160 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

I'm not excusing those guys, I'm criticizing all you guys!

No!

That's so out of character for you!

#161 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

You know who was good last night, in all 200 feet?

THE POINT MACHINE!!!!! (he didn't record a point, fyi)

#162 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:40 PM

Yes, we already said Getzlaf was really freakin good.

#163 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

He's referring to Sami Vatanen.

Joe "Make it Up as I go" Micheletti's favorite Duck.

#164 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

He's referring to Sami Vatanen.

Joe "Make it Up as I go" Micheletti's favorite Duck.

I know who he was referring to. He knew, I knew who he was referring to, too. Why didnt you know, he know, I knew and that I knew what he was referring to?

heh

Sami hasnt been a machine of any kind this season. The nick name sucks and needs to be traded when Sami is.

#165 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

Yes, we already said Getzlaf was really freakin good.

Sami was good last night.

Getzlaf wasn't good.  He was Odin (it was Wednesday, after all...)

f1edbc032a0f111ae87d14b9efdf5461.jpg

I know who he was referring to. He knew, I knew who he was referring to, too. Why didnt you know, he know, I knew and that I knew what he was referring to?

heh

Sami hasnt been a machine of any kind this season. The nick name sucks and needs to be traded when Sami is.

EENOK thinks you should be traded

#166 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

heh

I knew that you knew and that he knew I knew that you knew.

I just wanted the take the op to recognize Micheletti's hot air balloon-filling hockey knowledge.

#167 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

EENOK thinks you should be traded

Add that to the list of things he got WRONG

I knew that you knew and that he knew I knew that you knew.

I just wanted the take the op to recognize Micheletti's hot air balloon-filling hockey knowledge.

Vatanen the PK professor

#168 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:32 PM

Here's having fun with the game:

#169 jigglypuff

jigglypuff

Let's have fun!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:54 PM

Man there are some p*ssed Oilers fan right now (spectators & commentator alike) When I read the articles it was made to sound like Perry had full on cross check Talbot in the head! I then watched the game and saw a very different play.

I agree that the first goal was interference in the sense Talbot couldn't make the save, but his foot was outside the paint and Perry made accidental contact. Another night it would have got called but that's hockey!

Suck it up and move on, it's the playoffs and it's f*ing fun win or lose!

#170 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

Haven't heard that in a while.

Here's having fun with the game:

I like Thompson gave him some OH AH!

#171 SurfCityDuck

SurfCityDuck

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:35 AM

NBCSN treats the Ducks about as well as MSNBC treats Republicans. I was out state for Games 2-4 of the first round. They had the Hockey Night in Canada feed for EVERY game of the series against Calgary. Meanwhile they had the Sharks' announcers for every game of their series against Edmonton.

#172 SurfCityDuck

SurfCityDuck

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

3 calls that Oilers fans cant be happy about

Cry me a river Oilers fans. You get a cheap penalty to give your team a power play that leads to the tying goal, and you still can't pull out the win.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT, Round 2, Game 4, Playoffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users