Theirs stinks.

#177 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

What I do disagree with is the "well don't just sit back and let the game come to you". I don't think that is in anyone's head and I don't think any player on this team is gonna play that way.You know, you can try to "take it to them" and still get 3 goals scored on you in the first period.

LGD, I don't think they plan or have it in their head to play that way but I do think it's still the best "description" as to what has happened thus far in our game 6 and actually more so game 7 collapses. It's the best eye test/descriptor of what we observed last night IMO.

EDM controlled most of the play in game 6 and played their game while the Ducks did not play their game.

Last night's collapse was our worst game 6 over the past 5 playoff years. Heck it was our worst game 6 or 7 thus far over the last 5 playoff years. Last night's game was more like our game 7 collapses (and the worst of them all).

#178 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:43 PM

I'm all Gibson all the way.  But he hasn't played at the level that you need a cup winning goalie to play at.  Not really close either.

Even worse is the special teams.  You don't win the cup with a bad penalty kill.  Ours has sucked.  Powerplay has been atrocious.  Power Killers are back in full swing.

The game 7 losses of previous years will be in their heads, creeping throughout their mind like a venomous spider in the dark.  I don't see any way they don't start with their sticks gripped to tight, horrible failures of the past flashing before their eyes.  They are not just going to have to play against the Oilers, but their own shadows: their dark reflections tormenting them. 

If we win this game, I will probably become very emotional, personally.  This is half a decade in the making.  It would feel really good!  But I just am not seeing it.  Our collapsing chokers rep may be officially sealed come Wednesday.  

Great prose.

"Creeping... like a venomous spider in the dark..."

LGD, I don't think they plan or have it in their head to play that way but I do think it's still the best "description" as to what has happened thus far in our game 6 and actually more so game 7 collapses. It's the best eye test/descriptor of what we observed last night IMO.

EDM controlled most of the play in game 6 and played their game while the Ducks did not play their game.

Last night's collapse was our worst game 6 over the past 5 playoff years. Heck it was our worst game 6 or 7 thus far over the last 5 playoff years. Last night's game was more like our game 7 collapses (and the worst of them all).

Maybe that game was it.  All the crap backed up from 5 years of Game 6 and Game 7, and last night they just finally got on the pot and took a momentous dump.

Now they feel 10 pounds lighter and are ready to get it on!

"Hand me the Cottonelle Fresh Wipes, please!  I've got things to accomplish!"

#179 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 25,902 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Let's hope those venomous spiders in the dark aren't nesting in the Cottonelles.

#180 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

Maybe that game was it.  All the crap backed up from 5 years of Game 6 and Game 7, and last night they just finally got on the pot and took a momentous dump.

Now they feel 10 pounds lighter and are ready to get it on!

"Hand me the Cottonelle Fresh Wipes, please!  I've got things to accomplish!"

Boy I really wish I could share your optimism, I really really do! (Actually, I know what you said was in jest).

I'll admit that I'm being a bit of a Debbi Downer right now but I'm seeing that it's more of a sign that at a minimum things haven't changed and could actually be a sign that it's getting worse. I hope I'm COMPLETELY wrong come Wednesday.

#181 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:05 PM

Let's hope those venomous spiders in the dark aren't nesting in the Cottonelles.

Horrifying!!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT, Round 2, Game 6, Playoffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users