99 replies to this topic

#26 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:07 PM

All stats aside, the Preds just always play the Ducks well. Going to be a tough series, the Ducks can take it but they'll have to play well and fix the mistakes!

#27 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,822 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:40 PM

The PP really misses a guy like Eaves. THe lack of Eaves in general, is hurting this team right now.

#28 dctrjayyy

dctrjayyy

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:09 AM

The PP really misses a guy like Eaves. THe lack of Eaves in general, is hurting this team right now.

it was amazing what a differences maker he was. honestly, they should post wagner up in front of the goalie on the pp

#29 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

The PP was bad with him in the lineup.

I agree not having him hurts us but I don't think he'd be a cure for the PP.

#30 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,043 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:38 AM

Listen to this whiny drivel from a Pred:

That's taking an "emotional" dive right there. Oh, poor me, I'm such a victim!

#31 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:25 AM

Listen to this whiny drivel from a Pred:

That's taking an "emotional" dive right there. Oh, poor me, I'm such a victim!

Especially when he was f*ing with Kes just as much.

#32 dctrjayyy

dctrjayyy

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:31 AM

what a pu$$y. you don't see Silf whining about Forsberg's spear that dropped him.

i'm really glad we didn't try to get this guy from columbus.

#33 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,043 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:33 AM

Especially when he was f*ing with Kes just as much.

And he turns around and points the finger at those who are proud of Ryan Kesler as he's being a crybaby hypocrite.

In his little whiny voice.

How embarrassing.

#34 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

The Ducks have gotten into the Predators' heads and have them just exactly where they want them.

This video of Johansen whining will be fodder for NHL fans for many years to come.

#35 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:41 AM

The Ducks have gotten into the Predators' heads and have them just exactly where they want them.

This video of Johansen whining will be fodder for NHL fans for many years to come.

That kind of reaction will hellp Kes sleep soundly at night.

And he turns around and points the finger at those who are proud of Ryan Kesler as he's being a crybaby hypocrite.

How embarrassing.

This is even more fun than the McDavid battle.

#36 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,822 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:45 AM

That kind of reaction will hellp Kes sleep soundly at night.

This is even more fun than the McDavid battle.

Yeah, this is exactly what Kes wants to get out of the matchup. 

At least with McDavid, he just played the game and didnt really bitch or moan. I can respect that.

Nashville is just trying to play politics. They want the refs to take notice and maybe watch Kesler a bit more, so they are going to go out and complain. 

I dont think we're in their heads. Maybe we've shaken Rinne a bit but I think a lot of the comments are really just their way of talking to the refs.

#37 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:23 AM

Yeah, this is exactly what Kes wants to get out of the matchup. 

At least with McDavid, he just played the game and didnt really bitch or moan. I can respect that.

Nashville is just trying to play politics. They want the refs to take notice and maybe watch Kesler a bit more, so they are going to go out and complain. 

I dont think we're in their heads. Maybe we've shaken Rinne a bit but I think a lot of the comments are really just their way of talking to the refs.

McDavid just tried his best to ignore him. Johanssen goes right back after him. Gunna be fun.

#38 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,822 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:45 AM

For me, this team HAS to be better in the 1st period. Its like they allow their opponents to dictate the pace of the game and then they have to work themselves up to respond.

I like the physical play. I like their speed and energy after the first 15 minutes of games. The PP and PK are starting to click.

If they can continue to pester the Preds without going overboard, continue to hit and be physical... I think they have a real shot to pull this out.

Id be happy to come home from Nashville tied up at 2. Ill be ecstatic if its 3-1 Ducks.

#39 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

For me, this team HAS to be better in the 1st period. Its like they allow their opponents to dictate the pace of the game and then they have to work themselves up to respond.

I like the physical play. I like their speed and energy after the first 15 minutes of games. The PP and PK are starting to click.

If they can continue to pester the Preds without going overboard, continue to hit and be physical... I think they have a real shot to pull this out.

Id be happy to come home from Nashville tied up at 2. Ill be ecstatic if its 3-1 Ducks.

I completely agree.

It's great that they've shown that they can come back, but that won't always be the case and I fear that relying on that too much could also come back to bite them.

It's always better to take and hold the lead than to always be chasing the game.

#40 Wigeon

Wigeon

Legend

• Members
  • 8,239 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

what a pu$$y. you don't see Silf whining about Forsberg's spear that dropped him.

i'm really glad we didn't try to get this guy from columbus.

I'd like to see the Preds response to this.

#41 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:21 AM

So, honestly, is Kesler THAT bad? I mean I know he's a pain in the ass, and talking s* all game but is he THAT bad? I mean the quote is like trying to say the thing that could most hurt you as a man and an NHL'er - "he doesn't play the game right" like he's disrespecting the noble game of hockey.

That's bulls*, right? I mean Kesler doesn't stick out his knee or charge guys from behind? He doesn't slash guys more than others? He will STAND UP and take a hit or even engage in a fight? Johansen is 100% wrong on this, isn't he? Kesler is a pest and an antagonizer but I mean I think he's about 100% less a POS than Corey Perry. Right? 

#42 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,043 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

How can anyone even take Johansen seriously?

The only thing missing from his snowflake proclamation was crocodile tears.

#43 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:38 AM

So, honestly, is Kesler THAT bad? I mean I know he's a pain in the ass, and talking s* all game but is he THAT bad? I mean the quote is like trying to say the thing that could most hurt you as a man and an NHL'er - "he doesn't play the game right" like he's disrespecting the noble game of hockey.

That's bulls*, right? I mean Kesler doesn't stick out his knee or charge guys from behind? He doesn't slash guys more than others? He will STAND UP and take a hit or even engage in a fight? Johansen is 100% wrong on this, isn't he? Kesler is a pest and an antagonizer but I mean I think he's about 100% less a POS than Corey Perry. Right? 

He's mostly wrong.  Most of all for bitching about it

#44 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:21 AM

How embarrassing.

And then intentionally high-sticks Kes in the face.  Like that's no big deal.

JR last night said, (paraphrasing) "That was intentional.  I played Center and I can tell you that was on purpose."

Kesler is living rent free in his head.

#45 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

And then intentionally high-sticks Kes in the face.  Like that's no big deal.

JR last night said, (paraphrasing) "That was intentional.  I played Center and I can tell you that was on purpose."

Kesler is living rent free in his head.

Of course, JR also claimed that Cogliano is a center, so there's that!

#46 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,720 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:05 AM

Of course, JR also claimed that Cogliano is a center, so there's that!

He's not wrong!

#47 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,514 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

I think Perry and Kesler are both equal in the annoying pain in the ass department.  They go about it in different ways, but the end result is the same.  Hate them when they play against you, but happy to have them on your team.  I did think Johansen protested a wee bit too much and if anything, confirmed that Kesler was doing his job. 

Like Pronger said - if you want to throw me off my game, don't boo him, cheer him.  He expected the negative reaction and thrived on it.  I am guessing that Perry and Kesler do, too.

#48 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,043 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:28 PM

They'll have their chance at being hated when they visit the Prednecks' barn in Trashville.

(just had to throw that old shade out there one more time)

#49 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,228 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:34 PM

He's not wrong!

Yeah in 2008

#50 dctrjayyy

dctrjayyy

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

I think Perry and Kesler are both equal in the annoying pain in the ass department.  They go about it in different ways, but the end result is the same.  Hate them when they play against you, but happy to have them on your team.  I did think Johansen protested a wee bit too much and if anything, confirmed that Kesler was doing his job. 

Like Pronger said - if you want to throw me off my game, don't boo him, cheer him.  He expected the negative reaction and thrived on it.  I am guessing that Perry and Kesler do, too.

Perry is not that big of a pain in the ass to other teams when he is not scoring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users