• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:00 PM

Why 6pm?  Its that East Coast thing - so they have a chance to stay up and watch the game.     Monday night football was always at 6pm.  Same reason. 

#52 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:06 PM

Why 6pm?  Its that East Coast thing - so they have a chance to stay up and watch the game.     Monday night football was always at 6pm.  Same reason. 

I don't mean to pick a fight with you, just challening your points here... what does the east coast have to do with it, this is a Ducks home game. It's always 7pm (rarely 7:30 which I have no argument for), and it doesn't really matter what football is. It's always 7pm. It's frustrating that for some reason home ice advantage is being ignored here to start the game at a time the Ducks don't usually start games at home.

I'm irritated because it screwed half the building out of puck drop, and made our fans look horrible to the rest of the league.

To be clear I mentioned it in regards to the Ducks slow start, and I do think it was a factor, but in no way do I think it had anything to do with the outcome of the game.

#53 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

I don't disagree with you at all, but once the playoffs happen, it is all about their TV scheduling and nothing at all to do with what might be best for Anaheim.   If you recall, in 2003 the Ducks finished the Western Conference Finals early.  I believe it took New Jersey 6 or 7 games.  The NHL was determined to stick to their TV scheduling and refused to start the series early.  It gave New Jersey a few days rest and let Anaheim get a little rustier.   Benefit to NJ.    Fans are at the mercy of the schedulers and nothing changes it. 

Like it or not, the pregame/postgame/between period commentating is happening on the East Coast.  War room in Toronto - East Coast.  Poor babies apparently need their beauty sleep, so West Coast gets screwed.   It is one thing when you have lots of games going on and another when you get down to one a day.    It is what it is.

#54 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

Sort of a bend over and thank us for the pleasure, eh.

It is what it is, sums it up.  Frustrating though.

#55 mransr

mransr

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:42 AM

This will be a short series if the Ducks don't find a way to score a power play goal...

#56 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:50 AM

Not discouraged. Thought they hel their own in periods 2 and 3. Had their chances in OT. Could have gone either way. Next game please.

#57 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

Gibson saved their bacon int he 1st period. After that I thought they played pretty well the rest of the game. Going to be a hard fought, rough and tumble series. Sucks to lose the 1st game but we've been here before. If we can win on Sunday, I think we'll be just fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT, Round 3, Game 1, Playoffs, Western Conference Final

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users