112 replies to this topic

#101 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,771 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:32 PM

I hope for our sake that we don't stay gassed.

It doesn't seem right that we'd go 100 games and then get too tired, but it's sure what it looked like to me.

I don't want to relive the game, so I did not read through here, but my impression was that Nashville outplayed us pretty consistently in this game and that they really stuck with it and pulled off a good home win in a game they could have got real frustrated about. Home ice got them the win. 

We are gonna have to REALLY come up with something to steal one Thursday. 

But I'm still happy with our showing, and pretty confident and impressed we are "hanging" with a team that blew people away until they got to us. I give us 45-55 odds of winning game 4 and about 90-1 of winning game 5. Ducks in 6.

#102 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

It doesn't seem right that we'd go 100 games and then get too tired, but it's sure what it looked like to me.

I don't want to relive the game, so I did not read through here, but my impression was that Nashville outplayed us pretty consistently in this game and that they really stuck with it and pulled off a good home win in a game they could have got real frustrated about. Home ice got them the win. 

We are gonna have to REALLY come up with something to steal one Thursday. 

But I'm still happy with our showing, and pretty confident and impressed we are "hanging" with a team that blew people away until they got to us. I give us 45-55 odds of winning game 4 and about 90-1 of winning game 5. Ducks in 6.

I don't think it's the 100 games. It's the 7 games with EDM that lead to this series with no rest in between.

#103 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,771 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

I don't think it's the 100 games. It's the 7 games with EDM that lead to this series with no rest in between.

Yeah, I'm just saying that they've been playing HARD for a long time and to just all of a sudden get tired? To me it makes my theory that they were "just tired" kind of silly. And I hope it is, cause if they were just tired, Nashville will roll us from here on out.

#104 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, I'm just saying that they've been playing HARD for a long time and to just all of a sudden get tired? To me it makes my theory that they were "just tired" kind of silly. And I hope it is, cause if they were just tired, Nashville will roll us from here on out.

Well they've had multiple days off during all those games. Been a game almost every other day for quite a while now. I hope they can find their legs. Or I agree, we done.

#105 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,718 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:32 PM

Interesting, you're not alone either. I thought he only looked weary after get ran multiple times

I think he had A LOT on his plate last night, and it looked like it wore on him.  Including getting trucked twice in 11 seconds.

The PK has come around a bit, and you don't want to dig too big a hole, but I am all for Boll "accidentally" demolishing Rinne tomorrow night on his first shift. It's worth the two minutes, especially if Rinne gets his leg bent backwards and his melon thumped like Gibson did last night.  I think Boll can accomplish that.

#106 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Fan

• Members
  • 26,027 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

I think he had A LOT on his plate last night, and it looked like it wore on him.  Including getting trucked twice in 11 seconds.

The PK has come around a bit, and you don't want to dig too big a hole, but I am all for Boll "accidentally" demolishing Rinne tomorrow night on his first shift. It's worth the two minutes, especially if Rinne gets his leg bent backwards and his melon thumped like Gibson did last night.  I think Boll can accomplish that.

100%

Anybody that thinks NSH accidentally bull rushed Gibson is beyond ignorant.

And we're not saying to do it for retribution, it's to break Rinne to win the game.

Just like I said to do in the first post of this thread, hours before the game. I should have been coaching. But the players might not listen to me like RGS. ;)

#107 SurfCityDuck

SurfCityDuck

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

Carlyle's comments today indicate that the Ducks are drained from their schedule. If that's the case, how are they going to recuperate enough to win 3 out of the next 4 games? Unlike the 2nd round there are no consecutive off days between games. It's a game every 2 days all the way to Game 7, if the Ducks make it that far.

#108 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

One game at a time.  Win the next one and tie up the series.  Regain home ice advantage.

#109 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,815 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:19 PM

Lets not pretend like Nashville isnt tired as well. They have played, what, 1 less game than Anaheim? Being tired isnt an excuse. You have 48 hours to rest between games. Make the most of it and come out swinging.

#110 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:40 PM

Lets not pretend like Nashville isnt tired as well. They have played, what, 1 less game than Anaheim? Being tired isnt an excuse. You have 48 hours to rest between games. Make the most of it and come out swinging.

They also had nearly a week off before this series. We had a day.

#111 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:56 PM

The Ducks definitely have more reason to be worn down. The number of game isn't really the issue, 1 or 2 games one way or another is not a factor here IMO. It's the frequency and the Preds are in a better position in that regard. Ducks never had a chance to get their feet back under themselves after the Oilers. Preds had multiple days to not only rest but mentally hit the reset button.

No excuse though, every team has tired, worn down, and injured players if they're still playing in May. I don't think this is any factor in this series being 1-2. I think Gibson looked mentally and physically exhausted in G3 only due to constantly being run in the third period. The team slowed down, but I didn't expect the Ducks to be faster and have more energy than the Preds at the first ever WCF game in Nashville. Gibson held them in it admirably but the team was sort of flat, which we've seen many times this year. I don't think it's suddenly because they're tired.

Tomorrow night will be the test for me. I don't like the odds of going down 1-3, but if the Ducks can tie it I think they have a good chance of taking the series.

#112 hi_from_ca

hi_from_ca

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

The way I see it, the Preds had a couple of days between series.  Ducks won a highly emotional game 7, had one day off, then started the series at an odd game time, causing less than optimal fan support, and got beat.  They had a day off, then came out with a good effort and won a hard fought game.  Then a day of travel, then game 3.  Yes, Nashville had the same travel day, but they were going home, always a boost.

If the boys come out tomorrow (tonight) with a good effort, and win what's sure to be another hard fought game, the shoe's on the other foot.  They get to go home and play, Nash has to travel and play in our house.

No excuses, and I haven't seen the team use any, just what I see as perhaps part of the series so far.

#113 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,771 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

I wasn't blaming or excusing, just saying to me we looked EXHAUSTED. 

And then we bounce back and play like THAT last night?

Crazy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT, Round 3, Game 3, Playoffs, Western Conference Final

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users