27 replies to this topic

#26 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

Letting the boys play to settle a close or OT game is the way its been since as far back as I can remember, and before according to my dad.

Agreed. But that was always with the premise that they have called a fair game up to that point.

But when ticky-tac calls are made earlier in a game and a teams scores a goal (or two) on such ticky tac calls, then when the refs refuse to call the same ticky tac calls late in the game (like last night) then the refs arent letting the boys settle a close game but rather the refs are inserting themselves into a game and are determining the outcome of a game.

Simply put, letting the boys play to settle a close or OT game needs to apply to the entire game and not be lopsided for the majority or the rest of the game.

#27 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,515 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

Mrs. B.  hope all is well with you!

Time to show Duchene he's playing for the wrong team.

LET'S GO DUCKS!

Better with meds, thank goodness! 

The OG MT? Where has he been? 

In Colorado, busy with life, wife and kids. 

Wish the Ducks would learn to stay out of the penalty box (someone commented that they were channeling Friday the 13th movies with all that slashing) and stay out of the doctor's office with injuries.    They might give themselves a better chance at winning if they do. 

#28 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,724 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

That was the opposite of good.

These slashing calls are crap. I get they want to protect the players but come on. And then to top things off they dont call an equally ticky-tac slash on COL at the end of the game. 

The slashing call on Rasmussen was what I was talking about the other day.  He slashes the guys' stick, about 4 inches BELOW his bottom hand, and the guy yanks his hand off the stick like he had grabbed a red hot poker.  Arm up.  Total f*ing bulls*.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users