39 replies to this topic

#1 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Matt Christians@Bulldog_Country
Would really like to know why UW's incoming recruit, Nic Kerdiles, is ineligible. He was preseason ROTY canidate for many.
twitter link

Andy Johnson@AndyJohnsonB5Q
Developing situation between Badger freshman Nic Kerdiles and the NCAA. Currently, he's ineligible. More to come as info becomes available.
twitter link

Nate Woelfel@Nate_Woelfel
Important note: Forward Nic Kerdiles is sitting out tonight. UW is working with the NCAA on some sort of eligibility issue.
twitter link

Andy Johnson@AndyJohnsonB5Q
I can't say much about Kerdiles yet. But, I truly hope it gets worked out. NCAA holding another kid hostage. So disappointing.
twitter link

#2 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

After his club registered a 5-0 victory before an announced crowd of 7,501, UW coach Mike Eaves would say only the NCAA has been looking into a specific matter “for a while” and he didn’t know when Kerdiles’ status for the season would be known.
“It’s not in my hands right now,” he said.

link

The article linked above mentions Kerdiles' reputation as a strong student, suggesting the issue isn't academic-based, though with NCAA rules being as complicated as they are, there's always the possibility for some minor step to be missed in the process. Kerdiles was also drafted by the Kelowna Rockets in the 2009 WHL Draft, so perhaps his relationship there crossed some boundary, though if it did, the difficulty in finding any information on it makes it seem minor enough that any punishments shouldn't be permanent.

link

#3 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

According to a report on the U.S. of Hockey blog, Kerdiles may have inadvertantly ran afoul of NCAA regulations by offering, on his Twitter account, to exchange autographs for followers. The report also says that pictures posted on his Facebook account may have raised questions about his amateurism status.

link

#4 Number8

Number8

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Ruled ineligible for a year! Looks like he's going to Kelowna

http://www.westernco...ne-year-by-ncaa

#5 ducksfan13

ducksfan13

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Wow, where will he be playing now that he's not eligible to play college?

#6 rollingdux

rollingdux

Legend

• Members
  • 7,549 posts
  • Interests:Hockey!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

The agent/advisor posted the photo.......???? WTH? Shouldn't the agent know those rules? Unless they find something else this is some major bs. Sucks for Nic who was committed and excited to be a Badger since he was like 15. Thursday is the deadline Nic gave. Hope he goes the WHL route and everything works out for the best.

#7 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
Appeal hearing for suspended Wisconsin forward Nic Kerdiles expected Thurs. WHL's Kelowna Rockets and NHL's Anaheim Ducks watching closely.
twitter link

#8 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

The NCAA has reduced its suspension of University of Wisconsin men’s hockey player Nic Kerdiles from a full season to 10 games.

Kerdiles was ordered by the NCAA to sit out the 2012-13 season for unspecified violations of its code of amateurism on Oct. 5.

link

#9 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

McNab, a former UW goaltender, said Saturday he’s been in constant contact with the Kerdiles family throughout the NCAA probe and spoke with the freshman left winger after the suspension reduction was announced Friday.

“I know what Nic’s choice is. Nic’s choice is obviously to stay at Wisconsin,” McNab said. “Our choice is that he stays at Wisconsin.”

“At the end of the day, it’s four more weeks and Nic can get by this,” McNab said. “He can now practice in a different frame of mind.

“The last little while he was practicing, but not really (as) a member of the team. He was a member of the team, but he didn’t really know (his fate). Now he can just move on.”

Read more: http://host.madison....l#ixzz2A58alPJj

#10 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Eaves declined to detail the NCAA complaint against Kerdiles or the basis of the appeal, but multiple sources said the core issue was a hotel bill for approximately $2,000 dating back to the NHL Entry Draft last June in Pittsburgh.

The Kerdiles family occupied three rooms that were reserved by Toronto-based sports agent Ian Pulver, who was serving as an advisor to the family. Michel and Nathalie Kerdiles were there to watch their youngest child and only son get chosen in the second round by Anaheim.

Sources familiar with the case said the Kerdileses paid Pulver for the rooms they used in a timely manner, but the NCAA viewed the payment arrangement as an impermissible benefit. According to sources, the NCAA contended the Kerdileses should have paid the bill upon checking out of the hotel.
"My family and I, we believed the whole time we were following the rules and still truly do believe we did," Kerdiles said.

Kerdiles said the reduced suspension "allows me to move forward with my character, reputation and integrity intact."

link

#11 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Chris Bayee@ChrisBayee
One more Ducks item: Wisconsin has gone 10-1-3 w/Nic Kerdiles (2nd-round pick in '12) in the lineup after a 2-8-1 start without him.
twitter link

#12 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

During his 10 game point streak Kerdiles has recorded four goals and 16 points, which is tops in the country over that time frame. Kerdiles has also recorded four straight multi-point games in the WCHA playoffs, and keeps on getting better as the games increase in importance.

"I like to play in big games, I like to play when the spotlight is on and there is really something at stake," Kerdiles said after Friday's win over St. Cloud. "I'm just trying to help the team and do everything I can."

link

#13 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

Kerdiles finished the weekend with six points in three games, and has now recorded multi-point games in all five Wisconsin playoff games. For his effort, the freshman from Irvine, Calif., was named the Final Five tournament MVP.

link

#14 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

Matt Masterson@M_R_Masterson
Nic Kerdiles: 32 points (10-22) in 31 games this season, now over point-per-game pace as a freshman. #Badgers 21-5-5 since he joined team
11h

#15 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Russ Bitely@russbites
Wisconsin started season 1-7-2, then has since gone 21-5-5 w/ #WCHA Championship w/ Nic Kerdiles in line-up. #Ducks pick more than pt/gm.
49m

#16 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

From the start of February, Kerdiles got on track and was held off the score sheet just twice over the remainder of the season. Starting with the Feb. 24 matchup with Penn State, Kerdiles has had at least a point in each of his team’s last 11 games.

Playing playoff hockey hasn’t fazed him. He notched two points in each of the WCHA opening-round games against Minnesota-Duluth. He then put up two points in each of the Badgers’ three victories at the WCHA Final Five, earning MVP honors.
The Badgers have lost just five times with Kerdiles in the lineup, and they will continue to lean on him for scoring if they plan on making a run to the NCAA Frozen Four.

link

#17 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

USHL@USHL
Congrats to @usahockey alum and @AnaheimDucks draft pick @NicKerdiles on receiving National Rookie of the Month honors #USHLAlumni
14h

#18 Just Duckie

Just Duckie

Legend

• Members
  • 5,425 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

It's sorta bugging me how much Nic Kerdiles keeps talking about going to the kings playoff games.

#19 mighty all the way

mighty all the way

2nd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

It's sorta bugging me how much Nic Kerdiles keeps talking about going to the kings playoff games.

Teemu went to a few Finals games last year and Etem was a huge Kings fan growing up. He hasn't stepped in a Ducks dressing room yet, once he does he'll be a Duck fan for life.

#20 German Rocket #7

German Rocket #7

The gunslinger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:Guess what? It's hockey! x.x

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

Cust a case of "know thy enemy".

#21 Just Duckie

Just Duckie

Legend

• Members
  • 5,425 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

So now he tweets about being in the kings practice facility locker room. Okaay. He's getting into sleeping with the enemy territory.

#22 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

Wisconsin got off to a slow start, then went on a 21-6-5 stretch when Kerdiles joined lineup 10 games into the campaign. The Badgers won the WCHA tournament to earn a berth in the NCAAs, as Kerdiles finished the season on a 12-game point streak. He went on to have multi-point efforts in all five WCHA playoff games, and was named the WCHA Final Five MVP.

“The way I’ve always looked at things, I see myself rising to the occasion when it’s a bigger situation, the bigger spotlight,” Kerdiles says. “I think I play my best hockey in those big games, and I thought I had a pretty successful playoffs personally and certainly with the team.”

link

#23 seesaws

seesaws

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

Article about Kerdiles moving to center this season at Wisconsin: 

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Sorry, I don't know how to do the fancy quote/link thing like DTP.

#24 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

Irvine native Nic Kerdiles is one of 26 players on the preliminary roster for the 2014 U.S. National Junior Team that will participate in the IIHF World Junior Championship Dec. 26, 2013-Jan. 5, 2014, in Sweden

https://twitter.com/...302005040340992

Irvine native Kerdiles ranks second in goals and points for Wisconsin. He also had an 18-game point streak, three shy of the school record.

https://twitter.com/...304417964687360

#25 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,330 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

Sabol was whistled for delay of game at 19:17 and O'Regan (San Jose Sharks) would jam home his first of the tournament with just one second remaining to give the U.S. a 2-0 lead. Grzelcyk took a pass from Kerdiles (Anaheim Ducks) before taking a shot that bounced to O'Regan in the slot.

2014 WJC in Sweden

Stat line for Nic Kerdiles (USA) today: 0-2-2, 8 shots, +1 rating. Overall WJC: 0-3-3, 9 shots, +1 rating.

https://twitter.com/...962222817308672

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users