Most Liked Content

#756267 Ducks vs Red Wings, May 12, 2013

Posted by nickalleye on 12 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

I wish there was a way to punch people in the face over the internet.

#789936 '14-'15 Regular Season Preview & Discussions

Posted by RGS_Quack93 on 18 December 2014 - 02:42 PM

The Oklahoma City Barons (the Oilers AHL affiliate) just announced they will be ceasing operations at the end of this season.

Because the Oilers are an AHL team and they felt it was a bit redundant.

#778201 Ducks @ Stars, Apr. 27, 2014

Posted by DropThePuck on 28 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

Robi.jpg

#751582 Is It Real?

Posted by 2forroughing on 28 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Elite teams have elite fans.

So what does that tell us?

It tells us that the Kings are D-Bag team!

#747704 2013 Trade Talk

Posted by letsgoducksdotcom on 27 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Well I don't agree that only the Kings organization wants this to be a rivalry, but I agree with one thing. The lame a* media has taken over the "rivalry" and made it stupid. Freeway face off, poker tournaments ... they are just trying to make a buck.

*$*% the Kings and *$&# their fans. *$&% Dustin Brown that mongloid looking diver who runs from every fight and *#%$ their nacho eating, pot smoking fat a* fans. *$&$ Darryl Evans the sawed off little mob impersonator and definitely *$&$ Dean Lombardi the verbose know-it-all. $&% Anze Kopitar and his hollow heroin looking eyesockets and &$%^ Jared Stoll and his blatant interference that directly caused a goal not to mention his shoving Fowler face first into the boards so that he'd end up out for almost a month with his second concussion at a young age. I HATE THEM, their stupid purple building and their stupid Cartman and their 46 year wait to come up with a Cup. I hate their stupid fans who run around as if they know something about the sport when most of them are stoned and fat and ugly as @*&^. &$^% Luc Robitaille who was selling all his old memorabilia while his house was being foreclosed on last year who announced it was a "strategic" foreclosure which only means he SCREWED THE BANK ON PURPOSE. *&^% Joe Corvo for punching some chick in a bar. *$^% Drew Doughty for raping some chick. $*&^ Heidi Androl for being arrested at 2:30 am driving drunk home from a King function going 25 miles an hour swerving back and forth on the 105 freeway, who was back to work the next week, no harm done. $*^^& Mark Hardy who was arrested for trying to have drunken sex with his college age daughter in a hotel and is back working for the Reign! $^*& all these guys!!

#802823 Discussion of Round 3 vs Blackhawks

Posted by TroyLoney on 28 May 2015 - 01:22 PM

Win or lose on Saturday, this season was a success. Only one team is going to be happy with the way their season ends but the Ducks have taken a step forward and are legit Stanley Cup contenders. They have a team that is clearly capable of playing with anyone and which may still end up winning the Cup (fingers crossed). They also have settled on a #1 goalie (I hope - the guy played in 54 regular season games and started all playoff games), they have a young defense that is still getting better and they have found depth with guys like Silfverberg, Palmieri, Rakell and Cogliano. They are in a good position to compete for a Stanley Cup for years to come with one of the best GM's in the league and a head coach that no longer has the albatross of never having reached a Conference Final around his neck.

I hope the Ducks win Game Seven and if they lose it'll be bitterly disappointing. But once that wears off I think I'll be very happy with where the team is at and the season they had.

That said, let's win this thing and then take on whoever comes out of the East! GO DUCKS!

#792616 Honda Center Expansion

Posted by ladiesandgentlemen on 29 January 2015 - 10:33 AM

I heard they are also going to replace the goal count display with possession stats.

#778324 Hiller & Friends: The Goalie Thread

Posted by evomacky on 30 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

Here's the Hiller I want to see:

on-leash-aggression.jpg

fixed that for ya

hilleragression_zpsdbff941c.jpg

#755402 Ducks @ Red WIngs, May 4, 2013

Posted by HillerGirl on 04 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Posted Image

#755216 Ducks getting no calls (this is not a thread to whine)

Posted by ladiesandgentlemen on 03 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Agreed.

There is no reasonable explanation for the refs to hold Souray (and thus the Ducks) to a higher standard than the other players on the ice engaging in the same sort of conduct, other than the league prefers the Original Six team wins.

It ruins the experience for me because the rules are being applied selectively... and my team was selected to get bent over and reemed.

And the NHL wonders why they have such a hard time developing fan bases in non-traditional cities. Who in the hell wants to keep giving them money while the team you are trying to support is discriminated against. Why get excited to see your team compete when the ice is so f*ing tilted.

#754796 Ducks vs Red Wings, Apr. 30, 2013

Posted by HockeyHeaven on 30 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

I don't think I've ever seen a player get tripped with a stick going in alone from the blueline and NO CALL.

That was f*in' ridiculous. And was it DeKeyser? How in the Holy Hell does a guy with like 7 NHL games under his belt get that benefit of the doubt in a PO game?

Just blatant bias/favoritism. Sorry if my tinfoil hat is showing, but that was some stupid s*.

#754070 Norfolk Admirals: AHL affiliate of Ducks

Posted by Randy on 22 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

First I was pleased with what I saw for the most part. I knew coming in that we did not get blessed like your former partners in Syracuse got blessed with getting a championship team. But the coaching staff was good and I think they held players accountable. There was some good young talent such as Vatanen, Etem and Lindholm and Andersen. But we knew organizational depth was a problem. The team jumped right into charity work in the community and continued throughout. We made over $62,000 on the MDS auction.

The team had difficulty scoring but for the most part played very good defense. Andersen was sensational. Maroon really carried this team and I was glad he got rewarded with a new contract. This team also played hard for the most part (had a bad habit of taking some periods off) but they would not give up. What gives me the most hope is the young talent brought in at the end of the season. Sarault, Gagne, Whitney, Bonis and Gibson did well in the limited time they had. And Rakell, Cramossa, O'Brien never made it here but are doing well in the juniors.

As to the affiliation, a number of fans are living in the past here. We were spoiled rotten by the success of the Admirals in the last year of the Bolts affiliation. No team could repeat that. And it was embarrassing to me as a fan when Syracuse came to town the first time since the switch and acted like conquering heroes. And a number in the fan base lapped that up. They even had the cajones to do a stick salute at center ice with our team going off the ice and getting cheered for it. At another time the vice president of the Admirals Booster Club was photographed during the Crunch's next visit to town wearing a newly minted Crunch jersey. All this to me was horribly rude to our new team who was playing hard for us but didn't have the greatest talent in the world.

But I noticed as the season progressed and increasing number of Ducks jersey and other apparel being worn at Scope. Now with the heavy Navy presence, you have a rainbow of different hockey jerseys at every game, but before this not many if any Ducks jerseys. Believe it or not game attendance actually went up this year by 500. Had at least one sellout. And you could see this team was winning the fans over. We have several post game skates that the players come out for and skate and sign autographs for the fans out there. I got to see the team interacting with the fans and they were great. And the next time Syracuse came to town the crowd was almost totally behind the Ads who were on the ice.

We are seeing more depth in the Ducks system. I like the free agent college signings they have done. With the contracts handed out to Getzlaf and Perry, they need to develop within talent for salary cap purposes. They need to sign some free agents for the AHL level who can lead and score. Overall team speed needs to be improved. We were big but not necessarily fast and we tried dump and chase and the lack of speed didn't help that strategy. More depth means less dropoff down here when callups occur, and they will happen.

There are many good things to build off of here. I thought you paid good attention to the situation around here this year. Good to see Bob Ferguson around most every game. I think just a modest increase in the overall talent should get up into the playoffs. And making the playoffs around here as in most places is the measure of how well the season went. I didn't find the horror stories emanating from Syracuse to be true. And I think much of what was being put out at the time the affiliation came into being by Syracuse fans on our blogs scared a number of fans. I do think this affiliation can be successful for the Ducks and us. To me it is important to have a winning attitude in a successful farm team that can carry over to the big club. That is very doable here.

So bottom line, disappointing result this season. But there is hope and what I see as a desire by the Ducks to have a successful farm system. I am happy with what I see. Sorry to be long winded but I wanted to be as complete as possible.

#747337 Ducks vs Avalanche, Feb. 24, 2013

Posted by evomacky on 24 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

wasn't a pretty game by any stretch, but 2 points is 2 points.

now the boys better get this done tomorrow:

Posted Image

#747077 Brian Burke is BACK!!!!

Posted by RGS_Quack93 on 21 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Can you imagine the discussions between Murray and Burke right now?

Bob - "No seriously, that Gardiner trade was good right?"
Burke - *Facepalm*

#746021 Who's Hot (2012-13 season)

Posted by ladiesandgentlemen on 13 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hey, Hot Damn gang!!!

Isn't it fun sharing this great play by our team?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having the best time in a very long time following the Ducks.

It's such a relief to be entertained by my team again.

GO DUCKS!!!

#740486 The Bob Murray Thread

Posted by TroyLoney on 11 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

I said I'd wait until July 2nd and then evaluate the moves Bob Murray had made before I decided whether or not to actively lobby the Ducks to fire him. It's now July 11th and the Ducks, in my opinion, are worse right now than they were at the end of the regular season. We are also completely in the dark with regards to what the plan is for the rest of the summer and for next season. I will now begin actively and frequently telling the Ducks that until Bob Murray is fired they will not get one cent of my money. I hope many of you will join me in contacting the team directly and demanding that he be fired.

Let them know how you feel by posting your comments into the feedback portion of their website: LINK

Or, write to them:
Anaheim Ducks
Honda Center
2695 E Katella Ave
Anaheim, CA 92806

Or, call them: 877-945-3946

Whatever you do I hope you make your voice heard if you, like me, are tired of having your favorite hockey team run by a man with no vision, no plan, no communication skills and who took a Stanley Cup contender and turned it into one of the worst teams in the sport in less than four years. Bob Murray needs to be fired and we need to start making our voices heard and to start letting the team know that this is unacceptable.

#739886 2012-2013 Season: What Do We Have & What Do We Need?

Posted by HockeyHeaven on 04 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'm a lot more upset about them not getting Jokinen than I am about them missing out on making Parise and Suter filthy rich. Those two guys were almost always gonna be a package deal.

I still would love to see them trade for Krejci, and not give up Ryan in the process. Holland, Clark, and Palmieri for Krejci and Seidenberg.

BOS needs cap relief, the Ducks need to get better. If they trade Ryan, they won't get that much better.

BOS gets cap relief and three good promising prospects - and they can absorb losing those two players - and ANA gets skill, depth, and options.

#812282 Clayton Stoner

Posted by Wigeon on 27 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

Thank God he wasn't duck hunting, how embarrassing that would have been.

#804383 Kesler's Korner: discuss the pivotman here

Posted by TroyLoney on 17 July 2015 - 08:48 AM

Here we see LGD.com trying to convince DATW that Kesler is a valid second line center in the NHL:

5085374_orig.jpg

#796495 Ducks @ Stars, Mar. 1, 2015

Posted by letsgoducksdotcom on 01 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

There isn't one terrible player on our roster. There's one terrible fan on this board though.