1339 replies to this topic

#1326 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

So something else to add with Fowlers deal, he does receive a Modified NTC. But it doesnt appear that kicks in until the 2018-19 season. If Im reading this correctly, he could be traded to any team at anytime up until the new contract kicks in. After that, 4 team trade list.

I like these way more than the NMC's. Yeah 4 teams still means Fowler could pretty much turn this into a NMC because he would just submit the 4 teams that dont need him or that BMGM wouldnt trade him to, but its till better than 0 teams and all control in the players hands.

So it kicks in when the contract kicks in?

#1327 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

So it kicks in when the contract kicks in?

That's the only way it can work. They can't renegotiate the terms of his current existing contract.

#1328 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

That's the only way it can work. They can't renegotiate the terms of his current existing contract.

I want to believe you, and I think thats right, but I swear Ive seen a deal int he past where they made the movement clause kick-in sooner.

#1329 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

Right. Was just clarifying that's what's RGS meant.

#1330 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

Not that we will ever find out (unless hes traded of course) but I wonder what those teams would be on his list...

Id assume DET.... maybe BOS and PIT? CHI or EDM?

#1331 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

I think we have yet to see the best of Cam Fowler.  I'd say the next 5-6 years will be quite fun to watch.

#1332 DucksScore

DucksScore

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

I think we have yet to see the best of Cam Fowler.  I'd say the next 5-6 years will be quite fun to watch.

Agreed. It's easy for us to forget that's he's still only 25 years old. For a D-man that's still young.

#1333 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

My only contention with Fowler and age is the fact that he broke into the league so young, easily 2 years before most guys do. So they say that 27 is when Dmen peak, I just wonder if that just off of purely age or average NHL experience (IE he came into the league 2 years before everyone else so him at 25 is someone else at 27).

We saw a damn good Fowler last season and if thats peak Fowler, I'd still be thrilled. If he has another gear, then hell yeah, bring it on.

#1334 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

My only contention with Fowler and age is the fact that he broke into the league so young, easily 2 years before most guys do. So they say that 27 is when Dmen peak, I just wonder if that just off of purely age or average NHL experience (IE he came into the league 2 years before everyone else so him at 25 is someone else at 27).

We saw a damn good Fowler last season and if thats peak Fowler, I'd still be thrilled. If he has another gear, then hell yeah, bring it on.

If anything, coming in so early may have delayed his development.  He was kind of force into an NHL role due to our terrible blue line depth back then.

#1335 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

If anything, coming in so early may have delayed his development.  He was kind of force into an NHL role due to our terrible blue line depth back then.

Unlikely for me, but possible. Regardless, if last season was peak fowler, this contract is a good one. If he has another gear, allt he better.

#1336 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Unlikely for me, but possible. Regardless, if last season was peak fowler, this contract is a good one. If he has another gear, allt he better.

Agreed. 

#1337 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:41 PM

I think he plays his best under Carlyle, and I have a feeling that he's going to start impressing.  He really grew into his body this season - he's stronger and his offense came back around.  His skating is still outstanding.

#1338 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,079 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

I think he plays his best under Carlyle, and I have a feeling that he's going to start impressing.  He really grew into his body this season - he's stronger and his offense came back around.  His skating is still outstanding.

Yeah, he thrives in a Caryle system.  He's really encouraged to drive the play.

#1339 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,634 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

But I thought RC was bad for defenders?

#1340 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members