15 replies to this topic

#1 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,725 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:51 AM

So sounds like we have our opening night roster with some big names going on IR. This is possibly the worst 4th line we've had in quite some time. Top 6 talent is lacking. Best we can hope for without makign a trade is to limp along and stay above water until we can get our guys back. Kesler might be the biggest hurdle to overcome.

Eaves/Getz/Perry
Cogs/Rakell/Silfver
Ritchie/Vermette/Kase
rasmussen/shaw/wagner
grant/boll

Fowler/Beauch
Montour/Manson
Megna/Bieksa
Holzer

Gibson
Miller

Keslers injury, mixed with how the team starts off could either cool or heat up trade conversation. If they struggle enough out the gate, could put a fire to bobs butt and force him into making a deal for Douche or some other top 6 talent.

I saw Matt Read is on waivers in Philly. Obviously, his best years are behind him, but a guy who had as much offensive upside at one point... oh nevermind. Dude is making $3.5mil. Moving on....

Pirri was released from his PTO in FLA. This kid is hard to figure out. He can score, but no one likes him. I know hes questionable in his own end but the dude can put pucks in the net.

#2 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

That's a Carlyle fourth line.  They'll only play 7 minutes a game anyway. 

I'm more concerned about the 3rd line than the top 2.

It'll probably be Fowler and Manson.  Montour and Beauch.

#3 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,744 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

So sounds like we have our opening night roster with some big names going on IR. This is possibly the worst 4th line we've had in quite some time. Top 6 talent is lacking. Best we can hope for without makign a trade is to limp along and stay above water until we can get our guys back. Kesler might be the biggest hurdle to overcome.

Eaves/Getz/Perry
Cogs/Rakell/Silfver
Ritchie/Vermette/Kase
rasmussen/shaw/wagner
grant/boll

Fowler/Beauch
Montour/Manson
Megna/Bieksa
Holzer

Gibson
Miller

Keslers injury, mixed with how the team starts off could either cool or heat up trade conversation. If they struggle enough out the gate, could put a fire to bobs butt and force him into making a deal for Douche or some other top 6 talent.

I saw Matt Read is on waivers in Philly. Obviously, his best years are behind him, but a guy who had as much offensive upside at one point... oh nevermind. Dude is making $3.5mil. Moving on....

Pirri was released from his PTO in FLA. This kid is hard to figure out. He can score, but no one likes him. I know hes questionable in his own end but the dude can put pucks in the net.

Well it's just the injuries that separate this line up from the one that made it to the final four - and we get Lindholm and Vatanen back pretty soon. Barring some absolutely tragic start, I don't see Bob pulling the trigger on anything big. He'll do like always, wait around and see. 

Getz, Perry, Rakell, Eaves, Silvferberg. I don't think that's an awful start and it's not bad at all if/when Kesler returns.

Perry's a big factor. If we get him back  even 10 or 20% over what he did last year (and he's got about 50% to give!) I think we'll be OK. And I don't think Bob is scouring the waiver wire right now.

Don't mean to argue over this so much, just read you as pretty down on a team that was at the Cap and finished in the top 4 last year. I probably read too much negativity in your posts.

#4 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,725 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

That's a Carlyle fourth line.  They'll only play 7 minutes a game anyway. 

I'm more concerned about the 3rd line than the top 2.

It'll probably be Fowler and Manson.  Montour and Beauch.

Its not even a RC 4th line. Its a bunch of nobodys. AT least before we had Thompson who was worth a damn.

Yeah, im not too excited about that 3rd line either. 1st 2 lines should be fine-ish, but that really depends on how Perry plays.

I just stuck Fowler and Beauch together because it worked so well int he past but from a minutes standpoint, you probably want Fowler with Manson.

Well it's just the injuries that separate this line up from the one that made it to the final four - and we get Lindholm and Vatanen back pretty soon. Barring some absolutely tragic start, I don't see Bob pulling the trigger on anything big. He'll do like always, wait around and see. 

Getz, Perry, Rakell, Eaves, Silvferberg. I don't think that's an awful start and it's not bad at all if/when Kesler returns.

Perry's a big factor. If we get him back  even 10 or 20% over what he did last year (and he's got about 50% to give!) I think we'll be OK.

Don't mean to argue over this so much, just read you as pretty down on a team that was at the Cap and finished in the top 4 last year. I probably read too much negativity in your posts.

Im certainly not enthusiastic so you might be reading them right. I think missing Kesler is much bigger of an issue than some see it. missing half of the season could do damage. 

I see the guys you list... Getz, PERRY, Rakell, EAVES, Silfver.... and no, thats not an awful start, but those 2 highlighted have a zero trust factor rating with me. What Perry do we get? How long is Eaves around?

#5 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,744 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Its not even a RC 4th line. Its a bunch of nobodys. AT least before we had Thompson who was worth a damn.

Yeah, im not too excited about that 3rd line either. 1st 2 lines should be fine-ish, but that really depends on how Perry plays.

I just stuck Fowler and Beauch together because it worked so well int he past but from a minutes standpoint, you probably want Fowler with Manson.

Well we were incredible up the middle last year when healthy, and Nate Thompson is a much better player than Logan Shaw. But I think a Wagner/Shaw/Rasmussen line is fine. Honestly I think that's nit picking, going after that 4th line.

I think our 2nd/3rd line are almost flip flopped. No way you put Kase/Vermette/Richie out there vs a real good first line, but they can hold their own otherwise. 

Again, I go back to Kesler. We are pretty much mixing/matching guys in the top 9 who WERE in our top 9 last year and they did pretty damn well. Color me unworried. Carlye's started 3-8-3 with teams much better and much worse than this. He can do it again, no problem.

#6 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,725 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

Well we were incredible up the middle last year when healthy, and Nate Thompson is a much better player than Logan Shaw. But I think a Wagner/Shaw/Rasmussen line is fine. Honestly I think that's nit picking, going after that 4th line.

I think our 2nd/3rd line are almost flip flopped. No way you put Kase/Vermette/Richie out there vs a real good first line, but they can hold their own otherwise. 

Again, I go back to Kesler. We are pretty much mixing/matching guys in the top 9 who WERE in our top 9 last year and they did pretty damn well. Color me unworried. Carlye's started 3-8-3 with teams much better and much worse than this. He can do it again, no problem.

Thompson alone makes all the difference on that 4th line. Hell, regardless of line, Thompson was a guy you would put in to kill off the end of the game or take draws. Right now, if you dont have Getz or Vermette on the ice, who wins a faceoff? Our 4th line is a hodge podge of nobodies. 3-4-5min a game tops. You realize no one on our 4th line played a full season in the NHL last season right? Rassmussen was the closest because he wasnt sent down but played 68 of 82. 

Im glad the majority are unworried. I wish I could join you, there are just too many questions and holes for me to feel comfortable with this roster. Fully healthy, slightly different story.

#7 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,744 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

Thompson alone makes all the difference on that 4th line. Hell, regardless of line, Thompson was a guy you would put in to kill off the end of the game or take draws. Right now, if you dont have Getz or Vermette on the ice, who wins a faceoff? Our 4th line is a hodge podge of nobodies. 3-4-5min a game tops. You realize no one on our 4th line played a full season in the NHL last season right? Rassmussen was the closest because he wasnt sent down but played 68 of 82. 

Im glad the majority are unworried. I wish I could join you, there are just too many questions and holes for me to feel comfortable with this roster. Fully healthy, slightly different story.

Lets just put it this way. I'm not more worried than I always am this time of year.

#8 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,725 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:07 PM

Lets just put it this way. I'm not more worried than I always am this time of year.

fair enough. and I dont fault anyone for how they feel right now, I just feel a bit more worried than I usually do going into the season. We've done fine int he past without a legit #2 center but that was back when Perry was playing like he was worth $8mil not $2.

If Eaves can stay healthy and Perry can play like hes at least a 30 goal guy, Ill feel much much better.

#9 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

fair enough. and I dont fault anyone for how they feel right now, I just feel a bit more worried than I usually do going into the season. We've done fine int he past without a legit #2 center but that was back when Perry was playing like he was worth $8mil not $2.

If Eaves can stay healthy and Perry can play like hes at least a 30 goal guy, Ill feel much much better.

Also, if Ritchie can become the Lucic-type of player that Murray and Madden drafted him to be, that would be HUGE!

#10 rollingdux

rollingdux

Legend

• Members
  • 7,551 posts
  • Interests:Hockey!

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

https://youtu.be/b9uf38YWV-g

New season, new blood.

#11 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:16 AM

https://youtu.be/b9uf38YWV-g

New season, new blood.

One of my favorite RD videos yet.

#12 thedozen

thedozen

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

Good memories.  Except for remembering the Edmonton fans.

#13 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,725 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:00 AM

SO I knew Eaves was out, I didnt know he was on IR.seeing as its the start of the season, I dont know how the reto-active portion of IR works. We see it all the time where a player has been hurt for 4 days, then they place him on IR reto-active to 4 days ago, which makes him available in another 3? days I think it is. Its a minimum of 7 days for IR isnt it?

#14 Always Mighty

Always Mighty

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

SO I knew Eaves was out, I didnt know he was on IR.seeing as its the start of the season, I dont know how the reto-active portion of IR works. We see it all the time where a player has been hurt for 4 days, then they place him on IR reto-active to 4 days ago, which makes him available in another 3? days I think it is. Its a minimum of 7 days for IR isnt it?

I think I saw one of the beat writers on twitter say that it was done so he could be reactivated as soon as he was healthy.

#15 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,725 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

I think I saw one of the beat writers on twitter say that it was done so he could be reactivated as soon as he was healthy.

I know it means a roster spot opens up and all of that; I get WHY he was put on IR. WHat Im uncertain of is what that means for his availability. Is he available Saturday if healthy? Or does he not meet the minimum required time yet?

Not a big issue because if they placed him on IR I have to assume they know hes goign to be out the minimum amount of time but more of a curiosity as to how the retro-active part works here.

WOuld also be nice to know the extent of this injury.

#16 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:57 AM

Good to see he's getting his once a season injury over with early on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users