• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,358 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:19 AM

Post your pre-game, in-game, and post-game comments here.

:ana:   vs   :nyi:

(1-1-1)       (1-1-1)

Honda Center

7 p.m. PDT

TV: PRIME
Radio: AM 830 KLAA

The Ducks will get their first look at New York's highly prized prospect Mathew Barzal. Selected in the first round (16th overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft, the 20-year-old center is coming off a memorable 2016-17 season with the WHL's Seattle Thunderbirds. Barzal finished second on the T-Birds in scoring during the regular season with 79 points (10g/69a) and was named the WHL Playoff MVP after recording 25 points (7g/18a) in 16 games to help lead the team to a WHL championship. Barzal is still looking for his first career NHL point, having gone scoreless in his first three NHL games this season.

game preview

#2 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,745 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

Lets go Ducks?

#3 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,358 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

Eric Stephens‏  @icemancometh 3 minutes ago

Ondrej Kase (head) not skating which isn't much of a surprise. Patrick Eaves is though. He's with Getzlaf and Perry.

https://twitter.com/...169494358335488

#4 thedozen

thedozen

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

Why in the world is Grant practicing on a PP unit?

#5 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 14,725 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

My initial response was laughter. We are a mess

#6 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,745 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

Because if ANYONE needs practice at offense it's Derek effing Grant.

#7 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

Because if ANYONE needs practice at offense it's Derek effing Grant.

Except he actually played there last game...

#8 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,483 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:48 PM

Let's be honest - it doesn't seem to matter who is on the power play unit right now.  No one is scoring.  No one is doing their job and I've lost count of how many times a puck has not been kept in the zone.  Ineptitude is a word that comes to mind.

#9 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,745 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Except he actually played there last game...

And CLEARLY he needs practice at it!

#10 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 12,648 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:11 PM

Special teams so far in this very short season have been dreadful.

#11 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,745 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

Let's be honest - it doesn't seem to matter who is on the power play unit right now.  No one is scoring.  No one is doing their job and I've lost count of how many times a puck has not been kept in the zone.  Ineptitude is a word that comes to mind.

While all that is true, lets not forget 3 games is a pretty small sample size and 4 of the players from our top 2 units have been out the whole 3 games and that doesn't count Richie and Getzlaf.  

#12 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

And CLEARLY he needs practice at it!

He shouldn't even be on AHL PP units.

Special teams so far in this very short season have been dreadful.

Just like in the playoffs. Good thing we hired those 4 coaches for the SOLE purpose of fixing our PP though!!!

#13 Wigeon

Wigeon

Legend

• Members
  • 8,149 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

Dear Ducks:

W, OTL, L

To Quote L&G

You're Doing it Wrong

Get with the program

LET'S GO DUCKS!

#14 Wigeon

Wigeon

Legend

• Members
  • 8,149 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

Gibson the only player that can clear the zone on a PK

#15 JLL

JLL

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:19 PM

This would be a GREAT time for our PP to break the ice . . .

#16 Wigeon

Wigeon

Legend

• Members
  • 8,149 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

One of these days they will learn to keep their sticksite on the ice.
Nice shot by Eaves

#17 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

Jeez and Grant proves us wrong only to have his goal wiped away.  Poor dude.

Gibson is elite.  There's not a doubt in my mind. 

Montour is a gem.

#18 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,725 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:14 AM

All hail King Gibson!

#19 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,745 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

Jeez and Grant proves us wrong only to have his goal wiped away.  Poor dude.

Gibson is elite.  There's not a doubt in my mind. 

Montour is a gem.

Very impressed with Montour. That guy WANTS the puck.

#20 thedozen

thedozen

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

I don't understand how they overturn goals based on that little proof.  Glad they came away with the win, though.

#21 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:58 AM

Very impressed with Montour. That guy WANTS the puck.

And he wants to FIRE it.  We need someone on that powerplay who wants to shoot.

I don't understand how they overturn goals based on that little proof.  Glad they came away with the win, though.

They showed the blueline angle.  Grant's foot was indeed up before the buck crossed the blue.  STUPID reason to take a goal away.  But that's how they are doing it.

By the way, Grant has now had THREE goals wiped away due to offside challenges.  He's scored his first NHL goal 3 times and none of them have counted.

#22 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,725 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:29 AM

Is it just me or was the Boll slash some BS that would not have been called last season?

#23 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,745 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

Is it just me or was the Boll slash some BS that would not have been called last season?

ALL the slashes are BS!

You know what though? I don't mind the rule. You hit a guy with your stick it's a slash ... even a tap. I have NO PROBLEM with that rule. 

Was this a response to wrist/hand injuries?

The problem? They call it now, in the first period on an innocent play. In the second period in a 4-1 game. They might call it late in a big situation, but not every time. Will they call it on Sid? Or some other guy the perceive as a real skill "gentleman" player? f*** no. Will they call it at home against the Rangers late in the 3rd, NO. Will they call it in the playoffs, NO!!!!

And as soon as they give an inch, now everyone is back to the little "tap" slashes and it becomes a 50/50 deal as to if they call it.

I HATE IT. Penalties don't make the game more exciting they make it more frustrating. They chop up and slow down the game. If you are really worried about injuries, then any chop on the opponents body even a slight one is 2 minutes. All season long. They'll stop doing it if it's illegal. But it won't be. We'll be bitching about slashing calls all season long.

Touching a guy with your stick is a penalty or it's not. 

And he wants to FIRE it.  We need someone on that powerplay who wants to shoot.

They showed the blueline angle.  Grant's foot was indeed up before the buck crossed the blue.  STUPID reason to take a goal away.  But that's how they are doing it.

By the way, Grant has now had THREE goals wiped away due to offside challenges.  He's scored his first NHL goal 3 times and none of them have counted.

Seriously? 3? I knew he was playing his 80th game and was joking all night about him getting his first goal and it being our first PP goal and his first NHL goal. I don't know the guy at all but was so happy for the guy, 80 games he FINALLY gets it, and what a nice goal it was!

Damn that sucks. 

#24 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

• Members
  • 14,725 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

ALL the slashes are BS!

You know what though? I don't mind the rule. You hit a guy with your stick it's a slash ... even a tap. I have NO PROBLEM with that rule. 

Was this a response to wrist/hand injuries?

The problem? They call it now, in the first period on an innocent play. In the second period in a 4-1 game. They might call it late in a big situation, but not every time. Will they call it on Sid? Or some other guy the perceive as a real skill "gentleman" player? f*** no. Will they call it at home against the Rangers late in the 3rd, NO. Will they call it in the playoffs, NO!!!!

And as soon as they give an inch, now everyone is back to the little "tap" slashes and it becomes a 50/50 deal as to if they call it.

I HATE IT. Penalties don't make the game more exciting they make it more frustrating. They chop up and slow down the game. If you are really worried about injuries, then any chop on the opponents body even a slight one is 2 minutes. All season long. They'll stop doing it if it's illegal. But it won't be. We'll be bitching about slashing calls all season long.

Touching a guy with your stick is a penalty or it's not. 

I mind the rule, to a degree. I get where you are coming from, but if someone is pestering you with their stick and some love taps that dont take your hand off the stick or turn your body or whatever... so what?? How many hand/wrist injuries did they REALLY have due to slashes? Id like to know because it never seemed like it was many at all. 

Slashing and faceoffs this season have been as ticky-tac as they come and its annoying. And exactly, if you are going to call it,t hen call it, FOR EVERYONE EVERYTIME. Not situational. Not player by player. If a stick touches a hand, call it. If Sid gives a 2 cent stick check tot he hands in game 7 of the finals with 2 minutes to go... call it.

like you said, it slows the game down and for me, just unnecessary 

#25 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 13,745 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

I mind the rule, to a degree. I get where you are coming from, but if someone is pestering you with their stick and some love taps that dont take your hand off the stick or turn your body or whatever... so what?? How many hand/wrist injuries did they REALLY have due to slashes? Id like to know because it never seemed like it was many at all. 

Slashing and faceoffs this season have been as ticky-tac as they come and its annoying. And exactly, if you are going to call it,t hen call it, FOR EVERYONE EVERYTIME. Not situational. Not player by player. If a stick touches a hand, call it. If Sid gives a 2 cent stick check tot he hands in game 7 of the finals with 2 minutes to go... call it.

like you said, it slows the game down and for me, just unnecessary 

Well there is supposedly some directive that EVERY "touch" like that is a slash. If they enforce that, then I don't care. I mean, you say "so what if you are getting tapped" well "so what if you aren't allowed to do it"?

Not arguing with you. I am OK either way. Those things are slashes or they aren't. Just don't go with the nonsense we are starting to see ALREADY which is "sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users