• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,395 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

He's hoping to add gold medal No. 3 to his trophy case this year.

"Three is a good number and I wouldn't mind getting that third one as a World Junior champion," Kerdiles said. "We have high expectations, but we know that there are some good teams out there, so we're going to come in, do our thing and hopefully win gold."

link

Ducks Prospects @DucksProspects   2h

Nic Kerdiles (USA) updated WJC stats: 1-4-5 in 3 games.

https://twitter.com/...329701573898240

#27 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,724 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

This kid has the goods.  I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do, and who he can impress, in Ducks' camp next season.

#28 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

I think this kid is why Murray and the rest of the brass has been hesitant in signing a 2nd line center long term.  They believe that have one right here.

#29 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

@icemancometh 6m
Ducks have signed Wisconsin standout winger Nic Kerdiles to a three-year entry level

https://twitter.com/...468269895540737

#30 rollingdux

rollingdux

Legend

• Members
  • 7,551 posts
  • Interests:Hockey!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

So much class. 

tw33_zpsde6ad08b.png

#31 Kariya9

Kariya9

Legend

• Members
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Sounds like a great kid!

#32 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,395 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:26 AM

The deal is worth $832,500 if he is in the NHL in each of those years and $70,000 when he is in the American Hockey League. Kerdiles leaves Wisconsin after a sophomore season in which he finished second on the Badgers in goals (15) and points (38) despite missing nine of their 37 games.

OCR blog link

#33 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,395 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

ADMIRALS GOOOAL!! The rookie NOR #8 Nic Kerdiles scores his first pro goal at 18:42 of the 2nd and the Admirals are in front 2-1!

https://twitter.com/...457740450566144

#34 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,395 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Q&A With Anaheim Ducks Prospect Nic Kerdiles

Puck Daddy chats with So Cal kid, Ducks prospect Nic Kerdiles about cracking the lineup and the two Ryans at center

#35 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,395 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Another challenge awaits. After announcing that he would leave school and signing a three-year entry level deal, the Ducks shipped him to their American Hockey League affiliate in Norfolk, Va., to join up with the Admirals at the end of their season.

If the transition from college to pro is supposed to be a tall order, Kerdiles looks like he’s ready for it. A left wing who spent a good deal of time at center with the Badgers, the 20-year-old found the net four times in 16 games, including three in the playoffs.

“Don’t get me wrong, college hockey is a great level,” Kerdiles said. “That’s why I chose that. But there’s obviously a big step when you go from college hockey to playing professional hockey. Guys are bigger. They’re stronger. They’re smarter. They’re pros. They know how to handle themselves.

“Definitely a big jump to make and I had the whole staff and I had my teammates to help me get through that. I think it just gave me a big jump to where I am today.”

OCR blog

#36 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,395 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:43 PM

FYI, Nic Kerdiles not in the Admirals lineup today. No surprise, given he sustained a concussion during last Friday's game. Officially DTD.

https://twitter.com/...439124895133696

:(

#37 Always Mighty

Always Mighty

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:57 PM

Kerdiles got hurt in the prospect game today. Poor guy just seems to be a magnet for nasty hits that lead to injury.

#38 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,395 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:49 PM

Too bad they couldn't make the Avs pay during the five minute power play.

Nic Kerdiles scored one of the Ducks' goals Sunday against Colorado but had to leave the game in the third period as the Avalanche got a 3-2 victory in the 2016 Rookie Showcase at Westminster, Colo.

Kerdiles was returning to action after a concussion and other injuries limited him to 45 games last season. The forward, who was raised in Irvine and still resides there, was helped off the ice after a hit by Nikita Zadorov that got the Avs defenseman a boarding major penalty and a game misconduct.

link

#39 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,395 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:13 AM

“Concussions are tricky things,” Kerdiles said at camp before his latest injury. “Obviously you only have one head and it’s very important. The protocols are pretty intense to make sure you don’t come back too early.

“But at the same time, you never want to be labeled as getting concussion (plagued). That gets around and it puts some red flags up. So you got to make sure you’re honest but at the same time, you go through the protocol and you come back when you’re healthy.

“It’s about being honest with everything.”

Eakins lauded Kerdiles's practice habits during the early stages of rookie camp. The greatest challenge now is staying on the ice.

“I think that’s the biggest thing for him now," the coach said. "For him to have the confidence in his own skin, in his own head, [to feel] that ‘Hey, now I’m up to speed. I’m recovered. I’ve done the necessary work. That none of this stuff is going to creep up on me again and I can get back at trying to realize my dream.”

link

#40 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,395 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:32 PM

That was contrasted by the phone call he got from Gulls General Manager Bob Ferguson on Tuesday. The two have a running exchange about wearing a baseball cap forward because it represents forward movement in his career.

They joked about it just before his recall.

“I left the rink and he called me a minute later and said, ‘What direction’s your hat right now?’ ” Kerdiles said.

Kerdiles told him “forward” as he backtracked to the arena to retrieve his gear.

“I remember getting the chills and just being really happy,” he said. “I made a U-turn illegally and just got right back to the rink.”

link

#41 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

Are we there yet?

• Admin
  • 75,395 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

Eric Stephens‏ 
@icemancometh
  14 hours ago

Nic Kerdiles (groin) took part in first group for practice. Had been sidelined a few days.
https://twitter.com/...644066097487873

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users