HillerGirl

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,636 posts
  • Interests:Ducks, Avs, Nuckies :)

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

how one kid got to hang out wit Perry brothers as a prom present from his dad

I sit back on the couch in the living room, watching the second intermission and trying to figure out whether or not Glenn Healy was an extra for Frodo in "Lord of the Rings", when Pears walks into the room.

"So, do you want to ask me a few questions?"

Originally, I'm taken back a little, since I thought this was more just a casual evening. But I compose myself and try to think of a few easy ones that would be simple for both of us to process.

"Oh, um, (faggy laugh mentioned earlier comes into play heavily here) what's it like playing in the show?"

Really Huntzy, really? You have an interview with the guy who led the league in goals, who's won a Stanley Cup, who's won a gold medal at the Olympics, and you ask that Mickey Mouse question?

"It's fantastic, I get to wake up everyday and do something I love for a living...absolutely amazing."

I scramble to think of another Q.

"What's Maxim Lapierre like?" This is a more serious question I legitimately wanted to ask, considering Pears played with him for a few weeks in Anaheim, before he was traded to Vancouver, and Max was becoming one of the main characters in the drama behind the Stanley Cup final.

"He's a pretty cool guy. I only knew him for a little bit, and his reputation on the ice proceeds him, but he's a pretty good teammate. I would definitely want a guy like him on my team."

Not bad, not bad at all.

"Do you like playing in a southern market like Anaheim? Do you think it can work in the south?"

"I love it. I mean, obviously the weather is spectacular, and golfing year round is a nice perk, but I absolutely love it. When we made our cup run (in '07), our fans were unbelievable, right from the beginning of the playoffs. I know that hockey doesn't work everywhere, but when a team's winning, the fans will go, and the team can succeed."

Wow, I didn't expect that. A pretty solid answer, considering I've never met the guy, it's 10PM, and I'm sure getting interviewed about hockey is far from his mind right now. I have no pen or paper with me, and I'm lacking a tape recorder, but that was an answer you don't forget.

"Anymore questions?", he asks.

"Nope, I'm set."

#505 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,261 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

He’s a Stanley Cup champion, captured the Memorial Cup and collected a gold medal at the World Juniors and Winter Olympics, so it’s no surprise Corey Perry’s Annual A Round For a Cure is another one of his successes.

“I’ve never been involved in anything before, so to be involved and give back to the community is something that I want to do and I am proud to do,” Perry said, finishing his seventh season with the National Hockey League’s Anaheim Ducks scoring 37 goals and 23 assists.

link

#506 TroyLoney

TroyLoney

The franchise's first captain

• Members
  • 7,846 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

For what could be the last time ever...the current keeper of the Hart Memorial Trophy is Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry. Man it seems like a lot longer ago than just one year that he won that award.

Posted Image

#507 DuckNoire

DuckNoire

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

He will so walk next summer lol He really enjoyed the spotlight. He will head for a big market IMO.

#508 TroyLoney

TroyLoney

The franchise's first captain

• Members
  • 7,846 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

He will so walk next summer lol He really enjoyed the spotlight. He will head for a big market IMO.

I disagree but we won't know either way for quite a while.

#509 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,261 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

"I put pressure on myself," Perry said. "Everybody expects big things. I obviously haven't been scoring but it's definitely different if we're 2-8-1 or whatever. Obviously, they'll come if I just keep shooting the puck."
"When you're in a shootout and you haven't scored or you have one goal all year, to get a big goal like that, a shootout goal to keep it going, it definitely lifted my spirits a little bit," he said.

OCR link

#510 Kariya9

Kariya9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Perry will start scoring this season at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

#511 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 17,728 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Perry will start scoring this season at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I agree.

But let's not forget his SO contributions. They've been huge.

#512 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 17,728 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I just realized the exact thing Corey needs to break out of his slow start: his Mini Stick

#513 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,261 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Current NHL.com poll:

Posted Image

#514 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,261 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

Curtis Zupke@curtiszupke
Perry's lack of converting chances a topic today. Including playoffs, Ducks are 20-5-2 when he records a point and 9-9-3 when he doesn't.
7h

#515 WILD WING MX

WILD WING MX

I'm QUACK-tastic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:Hcky: ANAHEIM DUCKS Ftbll: WASHINGTON REDSKINS Sccr: FIFA-WORLD CUP

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

C'mon Corey! Pull up those socks and lace up those skates real good. Gimme a goal or two or three in this series against the Chicken Wings. Do it for all the baby ducks around the world... and Reb too. "Git 'er done!" -.-

#516 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

I've got faith in CP. I know he can turn this around.

Tonight would be a great time to start!

#517 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

I'd just like to see some more play right in front of the net from these guys. A dominating "cycle" shift or a couple of big hits. There is nothing they can do to score more .. I mean they are TRYING TO SCORE, it's just not happening. The only thing they can try to make sure of is that every time they hit the ice Detroit goes "oh **** no, not these guys again" because they come out and hound the puck and hit you ever time they get a chance. Put your head down and go to the net.

#518 WILD WING MX

WILD WING MX

I'm QUACK-tastic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:Hcky: ANAHEIM DUCKS Ftbll: WASHINGTON REDSKINS Sccr: FIFA-WORLD CUP

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

No goals for Perry at all in this series vs Detroit. Perhaps he's lost the will to play or maybe he's lost the spirit to play. Everyone is waiting to feel his presence. He's overdue to make a difference in this series. I hope it comes soon... LIKE TONIGHT. :huh:

#519 2forroughing

2forroughing

On Ice Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

I thought this was the appreciation thread?

CP will pull it together. He is not playing lazy and is not holding back. He is struggling through a lengthy slump. I have full confidence that the bubble will burst and the ketchup will pour out. Not sure when it will happen, but it will happen.

#520 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 8,499 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Think he's hurt?

He has almost no gas, no speed. Maybe it's the opponent or maybe it's an undisclosed medical issue.

But he is fairly ineffective. If he could just stand in front of Howard all night he would be golden. Bonus there is you would never have to change him.

Minus is, I'm not sure he could even make the skate out to the blueline to touch up. He needs to work on his speed this summer. Hopefully not for another month or so.

I thought this was the appreciation thread?

CP will pull it together. He is not playing lazy and is not holding back. He is struggling through a lengthy slump. I have full confidence that the bubble will burst and the ketchup will pour out. Not sure when it will happen, but it will happen.

Still waiting........

The best way to get out of a slump is to skate your a* off (Etem, Palmieri).

Perry has no gas in the tank, it would seem.

#521 DUX714

DUX714

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

If Perry is hurt it was a mistake to play him IMO. He is not contributing at all. The Ducks were great when he was suspended but I know you cannot resy your $68M investment. If he is not hurt then something is aloof.

#522 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 8,499 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

I don't want to tell Booce what to do, but please,

BREAK UP RPG!!!!!

How about:

Ryan/Getz/Palmieri - that's still RPG, huh?!
Etem/Bonino/Perry
Cogs/Koivu/Winnik
Beleskey/Steckel/Selanne

I mean, something to get Perry going

#523 Bits

Bits

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Think he's hurt?

He has almost no gas, no speed. Maybe it's the opponent or maybe it's an undisclosed medical issue.

I have wondered the same thing. I'm not sure it's a lack of will, he's getting lots of chances. He just has no finish.

#524 rollingdux

rollingdux

Legend

• Members
  • 7,385 posts
  • Interests:Hockey!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

he has no finnish? ;)

Have him spend all his time leading up to the games with Toni, Saku, and Teemu. Listen to Finnish music, food, etc.

anything to get that ketchup flowing!

#525 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

ONE MORE YEAR!

• Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

This thread needs to be renamed to:

WANTED: COREY PERRY.
REWARD: $69,000,000 OVER 8 YEARS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic