#1 THE Mighty Duck Man 84

THE Mighty Duck Man 84

Year of the Gorilla

• AD Game Threader
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:26 AM

Post your pre-game, in-game, and post-game comments here

REGULAR SEASON Game Number 12 l THE Mighty Duck Man 84's Version Number 11

Friday, October 31, 2008 ... Game Time 7:00 p.m. (in Anaheim) (10:00 p.m. EST)

vs.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS [5-5-0, 10PTS]
VS.
ANAHEIM DUCKS [6-5-0, 12PTS]

>>>>>>NHL.com Game Preview<<<<<<

Team Matchup's
Ducks
Teemu Selanne has started to heat up for the surging Anaheim Ducks. That should have the Vancouver Canucks more than a little worried. Coming off his first three-goal game of the season, Selanne will try to lead the Ducks to their sixth straight win on Friday night when they face the Canucks for the first time in 2008-09. The Ducks have recovered from a slow start in which they dropped four straight and five of six. Four of Anaheim's wins during its current run have been one-goal decisions, including Wednesday's 5-4 overtime victory over Detroit in a matchup of the last two Stanley Cup champions. Francois Beauchemin scored 99 seconds into the extra session, but Anaheim (6-5-0) never would have been in position to extend its streak without Selanne's 21st career hat trick and 12th with the Ducks. Selanne scored in each period during regulation, and has five goals - all on the power play - during a three-game streak. He leads Anaheim with six goals overall. Playing in his 16th season, Selanne has 558 goals, and needs three more to move past Guy Lafleur into 20th place on the all-time list. While he's never recorded a hat trick against the Canucks, Selanne has appeared on the scoresheet against them with regularity recently. Selanne has five goals and seven assists in an eight-game point streak against Vancouver, helping the Ducks to a 7-0-1 record in those games since Feb. 10, 2006. He wasn't the only player on Randy Carlyle's club to enjoy a big night at the expense of the defending champions, as Ryan Getzlaf tied a franchise record with five assists. After managing one point in his first six games, the fourth-year center has three goals and seven assists in a four-game run. Jean-Sebastien Giguere has been in goal for four wins during the Ducks' streak, posting a 2.93 goals-against average. He lost both his starts last season against the Canucks with a GAA just under 4.00.

Last Meeting ... October 5, 2008 ... 4-3 W
Canucks
Vancouver (5-5-0) moved out of last place in the Northwest Division, and snapped a three-game road losing streak with a 4-0 victory over the Kings on Thursday. Roberto Luongo made 28 saves and stopped a penalty shot for his second shutout of the season and 40th of his career. It also marked the first time Vancouver has blanked the Kings in Los Angeles, a span of 106 visits. In 13 career starts, the Canucks' new captain is 6-6-0 with a 2.20 GAA and two shutouts against the Ducks. However, Luongo has allowed nine goals while losing his last three starts at the Honda Center. Twins Daniel and Henrik Sedin each had two points against the Kings. Daniel had a goal and assist after posting one assist in seven games coming in. Henrik, meanwhile, ended a three-game points drought with two assists. Daniel has had two goals and two assists in his last four games in Anaheim, but Henrik has struggled with only three assists in his last seven trips there. Vancouver won three of four against Anaheim last season.

Starting Goalies: (Probable)
Anaheim: Jean-Sebastien Giguere (5-4-0)
Vancouver: Roberto Luongo (5-4-0)

TV: Directv Channels, Center Ice 772 l RADIO: 830AM l Internet Feed: [NHL.com LISTEN LIVE] l Satellite Radio: XM - 205

goducks1ux5.gif anaoa4.gif goducks2iw4.gifLET'S GO DUCKSgoducks2iw4.gif anaoa4.gif goducks1ux5.gif

Special Halloween Policies for the game tonight for those going to it:
For the safety and enjoyment of all fans, the following policies have been put in place for tonight’s Ducks game:
The following will be allowed into the venue:
- Costumes
- Masks
- Face Paint

The following will NOT be allowed into the venue:
- Costume Accessories (hockey sticks, bats, pitchforks, wands, swords, brooms, etc.)
- Halloween candy containers/bags
- No outside food or beverage

#2 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

New season, same hopes. Let's Go Ducks!

• Admin
  • 70,838 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:00 AM

Go Ducks! ana-ban.gif

No treats (nor hat tricks) for the 'Nucks!

Ducks-Canucks: How they match up

{click on image for readable version}

#3 Dutch Duck

Dutch Duck

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:55 AM

Keep the streak going!!

anaducksos1.gif ots.gif ana-ban.gif LET'S GO DUCKS!! ana-ban.gif ots.gif anaducksos1.gif

#4 duckfan78

duckfan78

Santa Barbara #1 Duck fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:06 AM

Lets Go Ducks!!!

#5 lvsprt

lvsprt

Stanley + Ducks = 2007 Champions!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,042 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:38 AM

Maybe Morrison is saving his breakout game for this one against his old team. Let's hope so we can use all the offense we can get. I'll be home with one eye on the big screen and the other on the door, handing out the candy to the neighborhood kids. I want a treat tonight and the only trick would be a hat one. wink.gif

#6 anaheim_aussie

anaheim_aussie

Legend

• Members
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:11 AM

Let's go ducks, can't wait for this one, should be another good game.

Will luongo start though after starting last night against the kings?

#7 QuacksMeUp

QuacksMeUp

Legend

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:34 AM

GO DUCKS!! anaoa4.gif

Luongo will start. Haven't you heard? He's God of Goalies, Prince of the Paint, Captain of the Crease.

#8 TheSniper

TheSniper

Legend

• Members
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:43 AM

keep it rollin boys

#9 mrmathews

mrmathews

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (lvsprt @ Oct 31 2008, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe Morrison is saving his breakout game for this one against his old team.

I was thinking the same thing. He really needs to get his numbers up.

#10 Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Shadow of the Ducks

• Members
  • 62,085 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:12 AM

GO ana-ban.gif

#11 hiuDUCKSfan

hiuDUCKSfan

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:14 AM

Let's Go Ducks!

Make Luongo crap his pants again!

#12 M T

M T

Legend

• Admin
  • 5,456 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (hiuDUCKSfan @ Oct 31 2008, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make Luongo crap his pants again!

Haha!

#13 Todrick

Todrick

Ducks Outsider

• Members
  • 9,993 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing Luongo sprawled out, face down on the ice like he has been shot, too humiliated to get up... with the sweet sound of 'Bro Hymn' drowning out the sound of his crying...

Just like his last two visits to Honda Center smile.gif

GO DUCKS

#14 Darthtiki

Darthtiki

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

Even though I really can't afford it, I think I may go to the game tonight. ots.gif

#15 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,838 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

“We know that with the personnel we have and the people that are out on the power play, if you give them enough chances, they’re going to score some goals,” Coach Randy Carlyle said. “We were probably heavily criticized, and rightfully so, when we weren’t providing offense from our power play.

“The bottom line is you have to produce. When you’re put in those situations and you get those minutes, that’s the expectation. You have to produce.”

<OCR blog>

It's B-Mo's time! He'll have $ up on the board to motivate everyone, so there's no time like tonight to finally produce! Go B-Mo! Go Ducks! ots.gif

#16 Syko

Syko

Freaking Duck

• Members
  • 3,475 posts
  • Interests:DUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:35 AM

GO DUCKS GO ! ! ! ! Make in 6 in a row.... Woooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo

#17 JUStheDUCKS

JUStheDUCKS

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:31 AM

I MIGHT be going to tonights game if anyone has super cheap tix they would like to get rid of PM me
smile.gif

#18 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 18,846 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:24 PM

Here's something from one of the best bloggers I've seen: Alanah McGinley. The lady knows her stuff, and puts out some very good observations.

How to Beat Roberto Luongo
Rich Hammond at Inside the Kings snags this quote off LA Kings coach Terry Murray today: "Against Luongo, you need traffic."...

... Call me crazy, but isn’t traffic always the best way to beat any goalie? Aside from crashing straight into him, or committing some other on-ice felony, I mean.

I’m not saying the Murray is wrong in his assessment of Luongo, only that it probably applies to every goalie out there. And I don’t think Luongo is any worse at battling traffic than any of those other netminders.

If Murray wants to understand why his team lost last night, I’d suggest he focus as much—if not more—attention on the Kings defensive game than on the prowess of Luongo. I mean, Luongo (and the rest of the Canucks) played a great game, but geez… the Kings were a trainwreck from the opening seconds, and didn’t put up a whole lot of resistance throughout, imho.

So here’s hoping the Ducks are feeling just as reckless tonight. KK Link

But our method is crashing his net in a way that gets inside his head. ticket.gif Even Scotty gets in on that act, led of course by the ever-understated Corey Perry.

Don't tell Alanah.

(Also, I think she's got a thing for Parros)

#19 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 5,213 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:51 PM

LETS GO DUCKS!!!!!! Make it six straight!!!

ots.gif

#20 Ducks15

Ducks15

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

Have to work again tonight so I can't watch it sad.gif
Can't wait to get home and see the highlights though, hopefully its six straight on the board!!
ots.gif goducks2iw4.gif

#21 Soundgirl2002

Soundgirl2002

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

Go DUCKS, tonights game should be a great one can't wait to listen to it on the radio via the internet (I really need to upgrade to center ice on cable). : )

#22 Still MIGHTY

Still MIGHTY

SAVE TEEMU

• Members
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

I'll be at the game tonight.
I might even put on a bit of my costume for the game laugh.gif

So if you see a batman mask/cape/duck jersey combo in Section 419 Row M, it's not DK. It's me laugh.gif

LET'S GO DUCKS!
PUCK THE 'NUCKS!

#23 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,838 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

Official site home page decked out for Halloween ...

{click on image for larger view}

#24 Barmy Army

Barmy Army

Legend

• Admin
  • 17,379 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, reading, chocolate and men.

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

Well I feel like crap, my back is killing me and I'm exhausted so I'll be passing on a 3am face off for this game. However a win for the stressed fan in Scotland would be great if the Ducks could organise that for me.

ots.gif

#25 Anaheim-Fan 23

Anaheim-Fan 23

2nd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • Interests:Anaheim Ducks, NHL, Hockey

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:11 PM

HEAD-TO-HEAD STATS VS VANCOUVER

goducks1ux5.gif GO DUCKS GO goducks1ux5.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic