• Please log in to reply
2109 replies to this topic

#1326 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,269 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Because the Crunch put Deslauriers on its clear day roster, the veteran netminder is eligible to play for them in their final games of the regular season and the playoffs. Syracuse (35-28-5-5) is currently in seventh place in the AHL’s Eastern Conference with three games remaining.

OCR blog entry by Stephens

#1327 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,269 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

So Hiller's amusing video campaign didn't get him enough votes to win over MVPerry??

Anaheim Ducks@AnaheimDucks
Corey Perry is the #NHLDucks rep for @EASPORTSNHL #NHL13Cover vote! He's gotta beat Pacific Division foes so VOTE!!! http://bit.ly/H0uVFT
twitter link

#1328 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,269 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

#1329 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,269 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Tarkki, 26, signed a contract with Anaheim and jumped the pond to North America with visions of his season playing out almost exactly like it has so far. When he got here, Jim Norgate, the Ducks goalie development coach, saw his 6-foot-3 frame, quick hands and relentless pursuit of the puck and figured he had a future here.

While declining to pigeonhole Tarkki into a particular genre, Norgate said the netminder has the ability to assimilate his style into the flow of any type of game. That adaptability was made easier once Tarkki sized up the challenges presented by rinks much smaller than he was used to in Europe.

link

#1330 Number8

Number8

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

Tarkki is gone to the KHL. Never saw an NHL future in him anyways.
http://hfboards.hock...17#post49289217

sorry for not having a better source

#1331 Sloth

Sloth

2nd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Looks like Bobkov gets a spot on our AHL team if Tarkki is going to the KHL

#1332 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,269 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

Igor Eronko@IgorEronko
@PSCrunchHockey @icemancometh Iiro Tarkki has already signed 2-year contract with 'Salavat' of KHL
twitter link

PS Syracuse Crunch@PSCrunchHockey
Tarkki deal was probably in the works at end of season. I asked him about deal for next year, he just smiled and said he couldn't talk yet
twitter link

#1333 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,269 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Iiro Tarkki, who spent the past season in the Ducks organization leading the Syracuse Crunch to the American Hockey League playoffs, has signed a two-year deal with Salavat Yulaev Ufa of the KHL, according to the team’s website.

#1334 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,269 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

Where?? :dontgetit:

A National Hockey League (NHL) goalie, a Northmen legacy and a Banner columnist were on the receiving ends of local honours on Thursday (May 17) at the 2012 Sports Hall of Fame ceremony.

The eighth annual event added Anaheim Ducks netminder Dan Ellis, the 1996 Minto Cup winning Junior A Northmen and Orangeville Wolves coach Doug Harkness to the growing list of names recognized within the sporting community.
Ellis, who spent his youth between the posts in Orangeville before moving to AAA Halton Hurricanes, caught a plane from Omaha, Nebraska to accept his award at Hogey’s Sports Bar at the Alder Street recreation centre.

link

#1335 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,269 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

But with having lost Iiro Tarkki to the KHL, the Ducks may want to keep Deslauriers in the system and become the starter at their new American Hockey League affiliate. Deslauriers, who is slated to make $650,000 next season, would have to clear waivers if that option arises.

Murray wouldn’t address the status of Deslauriers, saying only that “there will be competition at goal.”

link to OCR article posted in Media Roundup

#1336 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,728 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

But with having lost Iiro Tarkki to the KHL, the Ducks may want to keep Deslauriers in the system and become the starter at their new American Hockey League affiliate. Deslauriers, who is slated to make $650,000 next season, would have to clear waivers if that option arises.

Oh do we have a new AHL affiliate? What did I miss?

And FTR, capgeek lists Deslauriers as making $625,000 next season.

#1337 Sloth

Sloth

2nd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Oh do we have a new AHL affiliate? What did I miss?

And FTR, capgeek lists Deslauriers as making $625,000 next season.

I hope we dont have that problem as well next season. The AHL has 30 teams and so does the NHL. Even if she has a midget leg and a patch over one eye I would still take Syracuse. It would be unwise for both camps to not affiliate with anyone.

#1338 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,269 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Goalie Jonas Hiller was also on the ice but he figures to be coveted by teams in his native Switzerland and others overseas but there has been no decision on where he might go, according to his St. Louis-based agent Allain Roy. Roy said they are in talks “with a few teams” but there’s no timetable at this point.

#1339 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,269 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

The Ducks are expected to hire former longtime NHL netminder Dwayne Roloson as a goaltending consultant who will largely work with Norfolk (AHL).

Roloson, 43, has been in Chicago talking with Ducks GM Bob Murray and goalie coach Pete Peeters the past two days. Roloson and Peeters worked together in Edmonton when Peeters was the Oilers' goalie consultant.

OCR link

#1340 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 8,499 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

OCR link

Is he going to teach them how to fling their equipment to the corners when touched?

#1341 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 17,728 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Is he going to teach them how to fling their equipment to the corners when touched?

No shyst.

And speaking of a shyster, Roloson got away with more embellishment and referee cajoling in 2005 than I've ever personally witnessed. It pissed me off to no end as a Ducks fan during the CF's, but I have to admit that he certainly worked it for the sake of his team. He had those referees eating out of his hand. I'll bet he even got most of them to donate to his genuine cause of dog rescue (German Shepherds, I think).

#1342 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,269 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hiller, who led the N.H.L. with a team-record 73 starts last season, welcomes the relief.

“If I’m hurt, I can take one or two extra days to come back because we have somebody else who can play well and help the team win,” said Hiller, who missed several games in February because of an injury. “If you don’t play, you get more practice time when you can work on certain stuff. If you just play every second night, you don’t have time to practice anything because you want to save the energy for the game.”
“It was tougher last year to be out there every second night,” Hiller said. “You’re pretty much not allowed to make any mistakes. Having two guys here definitely helps you stay mentally sharp. Once you get the call, you’re excited to go out there.”
“For the most part, the coach can’t screw it up and make the wrong decision if you have two good goalies,” Boudreau said. “Until that changes, we’ll probably play them pretty equal amounts.”

Fasth said he saw the benefits of a tandem during the lockout-shortened schedule.

“For me, it’s good for both the team and the goalies,” he said. “Of course, everybody wants to play every game. But it really doesn’t work that way. It’s a pretty tough schedule.”

link

#1343 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,269 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Q: Both Jonas Hiller and Viktor Fasth are playing well right now. Is there a certain approach toward which goalie plays when?

Boudreau: With four games a week, we’re just trying to pick the right teams to play them against. In certain situations, it’s going to be, What’s his record when he plays in this building or against this team? It’s kind of like baseball with lefties vs. righties, pinch hitters coming off the bench, does he hit fastballs or breaking balls? It’s a little bit of that, and then there is gut feeling. It’s a tough one tomorrow because Hilly played great in Minnesota last year when we won 2-1. And then Viktor’s won the last two games against Minnesota and played well. I’ll make the decision for that game later on today.

link

#1344 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 8,499 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

Hiller is as hot right now (4 games) as Fasth was earlier (8 games).

Keep riding the hot hand.

#1345 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 17,728 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

We are flat privileged to have the goaltending we've had.

It's the main thing that makes me think This is Real.

#1346 HillerGirl

HillerGirl

Legend

• Members
  • 14,636 posts
  • Interests:Ducks, Avs, Nuckies :)

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

It's kinda amazing if you think back, our goalie scouts are legit!

#1347 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 8,499 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

We are flat privileged to have the goaltending we've had.

It's the main thing that makes me think This is Real.

And I think they are pushing each other to be better. Good scenario.

#1348 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 8,499 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

10 guys picking their top 8.

Hiller shows up 0 times.

Fasth once, #8 on Melrose's list (and his list is wacky).

#1349 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 17,728 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Giguere was seldom on any of those lists, either. But he gave his team a bona-fide chance for two Cups, with a Conn Smythe the year he carried his darkhorse team on his shoulders within a whisker, and of course winning one with a team that could keep up with his effort.

I wonder how many of all those goalies stole even one playoff series for their team, like Hiller did against a Presi Cup winner? Of course the future HoFer has done that, and I would say Lundqvist, and maybe Smith.

#1350 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 8,499 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Giguere was seldom on any of those lists, either. But he gave his team a bona-fide chance for two Cups, with a Conn Smythe the year he carried his darkhorse team on his shoulders within a whisker, and of course winning one with a team that could keep up with his effort.

You sure Jiggy was on nobody's top 8 deep into the 2002/2003 or 2006/2007 season? Out of 10 NHL media guys?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users