478 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Shadow of the Ducks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 62,085 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:51 AM

The AHL's Syracuse Crunch has announced today that its new NHL affiliate will be the Anaheim Ducks. This is great news for the Ducks as they will have a place to develop their prospects and, at the same time, put a competitive product on the ice for the enjoyment of the Syracuse fans.

We welcome the Syracuse Crunch and its fans to the Anaheim Ducks' family ana-ban.gif

LINK

And thanks to Fire9701 for giving us the scoop also ana-ban.gif

Ducks general manager Bob Murray and senior VP of hockey operations David McNab come to the table with strong reputations as developers of talent at both the NHL and AHL levels.
''Anaheim is clearly one of the elite profile organizations. Everything I hear about them, these are the people we are looking for,'' said Syracuse owner Howard Dolgon. ''These are the guys who know how to get it done.''
Read More >>

Courtesy Fire9701

#2 DuckNewbie

DuckNewbie

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

Big welcome to the Crunch!

It'll be interesting to see what (if anything) the Crunch do with their uniforms/logos/etc.

I know the Anaheim policy is to pretty much leave the AHL affiliate to create their own identity....But I do hope they go with something a little less...."Columbus-esqe". smile.gif

#3 DuckinNY30

DuckinNY30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:18 AM

I cannot wait to see all the prospects develop right here in Syracuse. It will be a great time to watch hockey here and see the Ducks' system of play live.

I will keep everyone posted if I hear anything about jersey and or color schemes. I'm hoping they redesign personally. New affiliate, fresh start!

#4 crunchclub52

crunchclub52

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:20 AM

I understand that the Crunch will remain the logo for Syracuse, but that we will adopt the Duck colors....looking forward to next season already!!! anaducksos1.gif

#5 German Rocket #7

German Rocket #7

The gunslinger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:Guess what? It's hockey! x.x

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (DuckinNY30 @ Mar 25 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will keep everyone posted if I hear anything about jersey and or color schemes. I'm hoping they redesign personally. New affiliate, fresh start!

I'd be more than willing to volunteer a few design ideas if they needed some clapping.gif

#6 DuckinNY30

DuckinNY30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:28 AM

That's good to hear about the logo. It's been the identity of the club for so long. They might have to tweak it a little to get the Jacket's colors out of it thought.

I can't wait to see an arena filled with Ducks colors. ots.gif

#7 ZOT

ZOT

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:33 AM

It is interesting that Toyota sponsor's the Crunch, while Honda sponsor's the Ducks.

Welcome Crunch!

#8 ducksfan95

ducksfan95

when is that giant barstool going to do something

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:39 AM

Welcome all crunch fans we are glad to have you on board and hopefully this is the begining of a very long good partnership!

Go ducks and go crunch!!

#9 ZOT

ZOT

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (DuckinNY30 @ Mar 25 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's good to hear about the logo. It's been the identity of the club for so long. They might have to tweak it a little to get the Jacket's colors out of it thought.

I can't wait to see an arena filled with Ducks colors. ots.gif

I'm hoping the primary home color will be orange instead of black. That would be awesome!

#10 Syracusefan

Syracusefan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:24 AM

I heard that the Crunch will be adopting the Ducks color scheme but will be leaving the logo the same for the 2010-11 season. I am looking forward to having an NHL affiliate that is committed to developing talent at the AHL level. Columbus management did not have a clue and it shows by their performance at the NHL level. LET'S GO DUCKS !!!

#11 ducksfan13

ducksfan13

Legend

• Members
  • 8,838 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:41 AM

this is great news. I wish they were a little closer, but still great news
GO CRUNCH!!

#12 Just Duckie

Just Duckie

Legend

• Members
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:47 AM

Hurrah! This is excellent news! It will be great to see the Ducks prospects develop together as one team rather than having them spread across the country.

1036153111.gif to Crunch fans and to the Crunch organization. Here's to going forward and to an exciting new partnership!

#13 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

Great news, finally we have a spot for our guys to develop without being spread out and moved around constantly.

However, no offense to the Crunch, but really? Syracuse NY? I was hoping for something closer to home. The rumors of Bako moving up a league to become an AHL franchise was sounding pretty good.

#14 DucksDefender10

DucksDefender10

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

I dont know why, but whenever I hear or read Crunch, I think of Crush like the orange soda. So Orange for the jersey's would put that cherry on top. hahahahahah

#15 Just Duckie

Just Duckie

Legend

• Members
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (RGS_Quack93 @ Mar 25 2010, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great news, finally we have a spot for our guys to develop without being spread out and moved around constantly.

However, no offense to the Crunch, but really? Syracuse NY? I was hoping for something closer to home. The rumors of Bako moving up a league to become an AHL franchise was sounding pretty good.

Realistically, Bakersfield wasn't going to become an AHL franchise soon. A west coast AHL franchise is a pipe dream until more AHL franchises move west of the Rockies, which is something they haven't shown they want to do. The Kings and Sharks own their AHL franchises and they haven't shown any inclination to relocate their teams. The Ducks weren't going to be the lone franchise and they probably wouldn't want to foot the travel bill for all the other AHL teams to come play in California either.

#16 Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Shadow of the Ducks

• Members
  • 62,085 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

ALLDUCKS has started following @SyracuseCrunch on Twitter and recommend that Duck fans do as well.

#17 Crunch Broomball 30

Crunch Broomball 30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

I welcome the affiliation with the Ducks! Looking forward to seeing what the new team will look like next season.

The logo will remain the same except that the Ducks colors will be incorporated. I am the artist for the Crunch and one of my first projects over the Summer will be to delete the Blue Jackets logos in the offices and in the players' lounge and replace them with Ducks logos.

I'm not sure I like the idea of orange jerseys on the Crunch… don't we have enough Orange in the 'Cuse already??? rolleyes.gif

#18 Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Shadow of the Ducks

• Members
  • 62,085 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (Crunch Broomball 30 @ Mar 25 2010, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The logo will remain the same except that the Ducks colors will be incorporated. I am the artist for the Crunch and one of my first projects over the Summer will be to delete the Blue Jackets logos in the offices and in the players' lounge and replace them with Ducks logos.

Another designer ots.gif ots.gif ots.gif Welcome to AD!

#19 Just Duckie

Just Duckie

Legend

• Members
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (DucksDefender10 @ Mar 25 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know why, but whenever I hear or read Crunch, I think of Crush like the orange soda. So Orange for the jersey's would put that cherry on top. hahahahahah

I know what you mean. I've had to double check to make sure I write Crunch and not Crush. The connections with "orange" could be numerous.....Orange Crush, Orange County, Syracuse Orange (oh wait, that's taken tongue.gif). Crunch is fine with me, but it's good to hear the colors will change. The current color scheme looks very Columbus (obviously).

#20 DucksDefender10

DucksDefender10

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (Just Duckie @ Mar 25 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know what you mean. I've had to double check to make sure I write Crunch and not Crush.

Ha exactly!!! Glad I wasn't the only one. Go Crunch!!!! ots.gif

#21 DuckinNY30

DuckinNY30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:56 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing them make orange their primary color for the new scheme either. Something along the lines of what everyone was using here for a template for the third jerseys for the Ducks. Syracuse is the home of the Orange with Syracuse University being close by so it would be safe to say that the fans here wouldn't have a problem sporting an orange hockey jersey.

#22 DrkShark

DrkShark

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

Welcome to Syracuse, Ducks Fans and Hockey Prospects!!! One thing you Ducks won't immediately recognize but you should know is that the Ownership and Management of the Crunch are a Top Notch Classy Group. It's to bad you weren't here in Syracuse to Witness the Outdoor Game Played at the NYS Fairgrounds Grand Stand in Feburary where 21,000+ attended to break the AHL attendance record. It was a Fabulous Show I have to tell you we are all looking forward to what Howard has up his sleeve for next Season. Word has circulated that they will put on a show in the Carrier Dome at SYR UNIV campus putting a 50k+ crowd possibility on ice. Experiencing a game at The Old Barn (Onondaga County War Memorial) is a Fabulous experience and a great place to watch hockey, even though we hope for a new facility someday I fear the feeling would diminish. The Players know that we know Hockey and we support them wildly at Games and in Community Events alike. Hope to see some West Coast Ducks Fans in Syracuse during our 2011-2012 Season. Go DUCKS!! Oh and GOOOOO SU Orange!!!!!!!!!!! Ok who has that Truck load of Ducks Jerseys headed this way???

#23 Crunch Broomball 30

Crunch Broomball 30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

I'd like to say that the fans in Anaheim will appreciate the type of operation that Howard Dolgon runs here in Syracuse. DrkShark just mentioned the Mirabito Outdoor Classic, an event that was truly spectacular. The Crunch office staff worked hard and long to put this together an they did an outstanding job. In the 16 years of Crunch hockey we've had some great events. Howard wants a winner and we look forward to winning with the Ducks.

At this moment I am listening to a local radio broadcast, "On the Block with Brent Axe". Howard is a guest and he's talking about the new affiliation. Fans are calling in to thank him for the move to the Ducks.

After the press conference I went into the arena area to see the work in progress on our new, bigger, better scoreboard. It'll make its debut tomorrow night and it's looking good!

GO Crunch, GO Ducks!

Howard just said on the air that our Crunch road jerseys will be black. clapping.gif

#24 Dark Knight

Dark Knight

Shadow of the Ducks

• Members
  • 62,085 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:50 AM

David McNab on the affiliation
Ducks Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations David McNab commented on the affiliation agreement Thursday afternoon.
Read More >>

#25 Sojourn

Sojourn

Legend

• Members
  • 7,880 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

Great news for the Ducks. Not just because they have an AHL affiliate again, but I've heard nothing but good things about Syracuse and the fans. I think that kind of thing can really give the players a boost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users