DuckNewbie

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

OK, then.

What does that mean?

Guessing: The picture is Tarkki, and the tagline is "Mission Possible" in Finnish?

#427 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

New season, same hopes. Let's Go Ducks!

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

:rofl: Cumiskey doesn't even notice or he's great at ignoring distractions ... here's the entire video

Posted Image

#428 Sloth

Sloth

2nd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

hmmm production should look into playing the music more in the background. It seemed like the player interviews and the mission impossible song were fighting for your attention.

#429 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

Game preview

St. John's IceCaps (43-25-5-3, first place, Atlantic Division) at Syracuse Crunch (37-29-5-5, fourth place, East Division)

When: April 20, 2012 at 7:30 pm
Where: War Memorial Arena
Listen: The Score 1260
Watch: Time Warner Cable Sports, AHL Live

Playoff Series: This is the first game of the five-game Eastern Conference quarterfinals series between the St. John's IceCaps and the Syracuse Crunch. The Crunch won the regular season series, defeating the IceCaps in three out of four games. Syracuse won the last three straight meetings, including a 5-4 shootout win at the War Memorial on March 23.

more at this link

#430 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:53 AM

Is the Ice Caps' playoffs motto taking a cue from the NHL chippiness?? :eyebrow:
Posted Image

#431 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Howard Dolgon@HowardDolgon
Just hours til first Crunch playoff game in 4 years. Town is pumped! @SyracuseCrunch #missionpossible
twitter link

#432 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

PS Syracuse Crunch@PSCrunchHockey
Found out that Crunch had about 2,850 tickets sold for this game by this am; about 2,500-plus for tomorrow
twitter link

SyracuseCrunch@SyracuseCrunch The puck has dropped and #MissionPossible has begun! Let's go Crunch!
twitter link

Let's Go Crunch! :bananacrunch:

#433 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

SyracuseCrunch@SyracuseCrunch
CRUNCH GOAL!!!! Palmieri ties up the score at 1 with a power play goal, assists to Carle and Cumiskey #MissionPossible
twitter link

That was quick. Palms one-times a pass from Carle from right circle past Pasquale. 1-1, 9:38 left in second
twitter link

#434 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

Brandon McMillan's third period goal gave the Crunch a 4-3 win, and tied the Eastern Conference quarterfinals series 1-1, tonight at the War Memorial Arena.

link

#435 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,864 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Guessing: The picture is Tarkki, and the tagline is "Mission Possible" in Finnish?

You're right. I think.

I originally plain-googled "mahdollinen tehtävä", and didn't find anything.

But after your post, I put it in the Google translator in that order, and it came up with "the possible role". Put it in the reverse order "tehtävä mahdollinen ", and it spits out "made possible".

It says "tehtävä" by itself means "task"... which to me correlates to "mission". And it says "mahdollinen" means "possible".

Seems like it should be "tehtävä mahdollinen", but what do I know. Nothing about the Finnish language, that's for sure. It's all greek to me...

#436 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

It’s two or die for the Syracuse Crunch.

A 5-1 loss to the St. John’s IceCaps Wednesday night in Newfoundland left the Crunch trailing 2-1 in its best-of-five opening-round AHL playoff series and needing back-to-back wins Friday and Saturday at Mile One Centre in St. John’s to extend its season.
Dan Sexton had the lone goal for Syracuse. His first marker of the playoffs (giving him four points in the series) came 12:57 into the game after he scooped up an errant pass by IceCaps defenseman Jason DeSantis and skated into a prime shooting zone, snapping the puck past Pasquale and just inside the post at 12:57.

link

#437 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Jim Sarosy@JimSarosy
Tonight's big @SyracuseCrunch Game Four contest will be on the @TheScore1260 and streaming live on the http://thescore1260.com #missionpossible
twitter link

Crunch Playoff Leaders
Goals: Mark Bell - 2
Assists: Dan Sexton and Mathieu Carle - 3
Plus/Minus: Ryan O'Marra - 4
PIM: Nate Guenin - 10
Wins: Iiro Tarrki - 1
G.A.A: Iiro Tarkki - 3.70
Save %: Iiro Tarkki - .875

game 4 preview

#438 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Long shot by Bell from above left circle somehow eludes Pasquale blocker side at 5:12 mark. Bell is 3-1 in the series. 1-0 Crunch
twitter link

And 36 seconds later, Etem buries his first AHL playoff goal. 2-0 Crunch, time out St. John's in very quiet Mile One Centre.
twitter link

#439 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

:(

St. John's defenseman Derek Meech scored 5 minutes, 1 second into overtime to lift the IceCaps to a series-winning 4-3 win over the Syracuse Crunch in Game 4 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinals.

link

#440 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

The end of the season and affiliation ... The Syracuse Crunch War Memorial arena ice getting crunched.

Posted Image

#441 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 18,864 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

The end of the season and affiliation ... The Syracuse Crunch War Memorial arena ice getting crunched.

What symbolism.

Reminds me of what Bob Murray has done to the Ducks brand in his time as the GM.

#442 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

Young said he recently met with Anaheim officials, but didn't want to go into details on that.
twitter link

Norfolk owner Young said he expects to meet with TB officials later this week. Doesn't know what will come out of it, or what TB plans are.
twitter link

#443 Mike_Gastonguay

Mike_Gastonguay

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Somebody on Lindsay Kramer's blog said they heard Iiro Tarkki was signed by a KHL club to a 2-year deal. Any truth to that?

#444 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

Igor Eronko@IgorEronko
@PSCrunchHockey @icemancometh Iiro Tarkki has already signed 2-year contract with 'Salavat' of KHL
twitter link

Tarkki deal was probably in the works at end of season. I asked him about deal for next year, he just smiled and said he couldn't talk yet
twitter link

#445 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,848 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

Per @washcaps, Hershey and Washington renew affiliation. As far as I know, that leaves only Anaheim, TB, Syracuse and Norfolk unaligned
twitter link

And, as both Ducks and Crunch agreed many weeks ago, that relationship is over.
twitter link

#446 TroyLoney

TroyLoney

The franchise's first captain

• Members
  • 8,347 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

Looks like the Norfolk Admirals are the Ducks new AHL affiliate.

#447 Randy

Randy

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Admirals Hockey, kayaking

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Well right now we have a little unfinished business here in Norfolk. Once we get past us hoisting the Calder Cup things will more than likely fall into place. But I expect no announcement from the Bolts until after the Calder Cup Championship series which looks to be early to mid-June. If they leave I expect to spend some time here trying to get up to speed as to what we will have coming.

#448 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 9,436 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

SO what would happen if the Bolts stuck with Norfolk? Sounds doubtful but just wondering. Do our players stay in SYR even though we dont have an affiliation? Do our players disperse to other teams around the AHL?

#449 DuckNewbie

DuckNewbie

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

SO what would happen if the Bolts stuck with Norfolk? Sounds doubtful but just wondering. Do our players stay in SYR even though we dont have an affiliation? Do our players disperse to other teams around the AHL?

I'm guessing, in that unlikely event, and assuming no other affiliations became available....that the Ducks and Crunch would kiss and make-up.

I doubt any AHL team would want to try to go through a season without an NHL affiliate, (destined for failure), nor do I think the Ducks really want to go into a season without an AHL affiliate, (just look at the wasted seasons with our players in the ECHL, and rather unsuccessfully begging for any AHL team to take players).

They finally have a 30 team AHL to compliment the 30 team NHL. I think that's the way everyone wants it to work....

#450 Randy

Randy

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Admirals Hockey, kayaking

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

But that would be an epic news conference to see Howard Dolgon and Bob Murray publicly kiss and make up. I agree, probably won't happen but it makes for an interesting dream. It would be the quintessential hockey shotgun marriage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users