9 replies to this topic

#1 Syracusefan

Syracusefan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:07 PM

Well tonight the Anaheim prospects managed to find another way to piss away another two points. They gave up three goals in 52 seconds (yes 52 seconds) to blow a 4-2 lead late in the third period and lose 5-4 to Rochester (who had lost 4 straight games).

All in all its been a really disappointing season in Syracuse. When Anaheim came to town they promised a physical team that would not be pushed around in its own barn. Instead we have a team that does not take the body, the players do not play 60 minutes, and they play with very little emotion/heart. The talent level in Syracuse is far below any other AHL team which is proven by the fact that they have the fewest goals for in the league.

I hope the Syvret trade is one of many because Palmieri is the only goal scoring threat in the lineup and he is 19 years old.

#2 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

If it's any consolation, it isn't much better in Anaheim these days.

#3 HillerGirl

HillerGirl

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,639 posts
  • Interests:Ducks, Avs, Nuckies :)

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

but wasn't it 3rd game in 3 nights?
i remember Leskey twitting about having 3 games 3 nights in a row...

#4 Captain Quack

Captain Quack

Time to Win!

• Members
  • 6,489 posts
  • Interests:Ducks <br />Angels <br />Bucks<br />Patriots

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

Well you might get a weekend of Lupul here shortly, maybe a temporary fix.

#5 DuckinNY30

DuckinNY30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (HillerGirl @ Nov 21 2010, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but wasn't it 3rd game in 3 nights?
i remember Leskey twitting about having 3 games 3 nights in a row...

It was their third in 3 nights, and I wouldn't say that the talent level is lower than any other AHL team. Right now they just look like a young team in a new city that are still trying to sync up. There has been moments when we have seen what they are capable of and as soon as they can find a way to make that a consistent effort they will be fine. I don't care what talent level you are at, when you have a new home arena and new home town it takes a while to adjust. I am just happy to be able to see a part of the Ducks organization in person every home game. The success will come too, but they need the support from the fans to make it easier.

#6 Crunch Broomball 30

Crunch Broomball 30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

I think we need to give this team time to develop into a winner. All of the elements are there, it just isn't soup yet.

Hang in there fans!

#7 Captain-Crunch

Captain-Crunch

Captain Duck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts
  • Interests:Anaheim Ducks, St. Louis Blues, and New England Patriots.

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (Syracusefan @ Nov 21 2010, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well tonight the Anaheim prospects managed to find another way to piss away another two points. They gave up three goals in 52 seconds (yes 52 seconds) to blow a 4-2 lead late in the third period and lose 5-4 to Rochester (who had lost 4 straight games).

All in all its been a really disappointing season in Syracuse. When Anaheim came to town they promised a physical team that would not be pushed around in its own barn. Instead we have a team that does not take the body, the players do not play 60 minutes, and they play with very little emotion/heart. The talent level in Syracuse is far below any other AHL team which is proven by the fact that they have the fewest goals for in the league.

I hope the Syvret trade is one of many because Palmieri is the only goal scoring threat in the lineup and he is 19 years old.

The way you phrase this almost makes it seem like you are blaming the Ducks... Murray aside, I don't think that is fair.

#8 DuckinNY30

DuckinNY30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:48 AM

Either way it's not fair when it's only 18 games into the season the first season as the affiliate.

#9 mightymatt91

mightymatt91

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:HOCKEY, HOCKEY and HOCKEY.<br /><br />Being from England i also like football (or soccer as you guys call it :D) and am an Arsenal fan :).<br /><br />I LOVe films and am currently studying Meia Studies at university :)

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

yeah it is the first time a lot of the players on that roster have played together, and considering a few of them are going up and down from the Ducks main roster that will affect the time they have to gel. Be a bit more patient, im sure they will start winning games soon enough smile.gif

#10 Just Duckie

Just Duckie

Legend

• Members
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:42 PM

With all of the Ducks injuries, there has been a lot of players shuffling, and there is even more now with the trades. It creates a lot of instability and incongruity for the Crunch which makes it hard for them as a team, but that's business.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users