#1 Jrgom81

Jrgom81

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:32 AM

USA USA USA USA

Nice to see 2 of the young Ducks on the team, and nice that Team USA has 4 kids from California as well

#2 DuckNewbie

DuckNewbie

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (Jrgom81 @ Dec 7 2010, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
USA USA USA USA

Nice to see 2 of the young Ducks on the team, and nice as well that Team USA has 4 kids from California as well

Since Palmieri is on the list, I guess we can assume the Ducks will allow him to leave Syracuse to participate? Seems like a good idea...give the kid some chance for success this year!

#3 Always Mighty

Always Mighty

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (DuckNewbie @ Dec 7 2010, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since Palmieri is on the list, I guess we can assume the Ducks will allow him to leave Syracuse to participate? Seems like a good idea...give the kid some chance for success this year!

There hasn't been any official word yet if the Ducks will or won't. That's only the preliminary roster, the final one won't come out for sometime. I hope the Ducks release Palmieiri, but there's no guarantee that they will.
Also, I'm really looking forward to this tournament and cheering on Team USA and (hopefully) 2 Ducks prospects.

#4 DuckNewbie

DuckNewbie

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Always Mighty @ Dec 7 2010, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There hasn't been any official word yet if the Ducks will or won't. That's only the preliminary roster, the final one won't come out for sometime. I hope the Ducks release Palmieiri, but there's no guarantee that they will.
Also, I'm really looking forward to this tournament and cheering on Team USA and (hopefully) 2 Ducks prospects.

I doubt they'd name him to the prelim roster unless there was some indication he'd be available. I think there's a "tryout" camp in mid December, so he'll probably be away from Syracuse for at least that.

#5 TheSniper

TheSniper

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

highly doubt they wouldnt let him play unless he is needed on the ducks roster....shot, getzlaf played in the olympics with a jacked up ankle

#6 Kenny

Kenny

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

With Lupul back in the line-up there is plenty of depth for the Ducks, and when Teemu returns, there will be even more.

Wow, I just watched last year's gold medal game on Thanksgiving, and it's fun to see all the players that were drafted this season, and now playing in the NHL, including Fowler.

#7 runaroundace

runaroundace

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

Anyone know if any other ducks prospects are playing in the world juniors this year? I am assuming bobkov with play for russia. Who else?

#8 Rooch20

Rooch20

Legend

• Members
  • 5,516 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (runaroundace @ Dec 12 2010, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know if any other ducks prospects are playing in the world juniors this year? I am assuming bobkov with play for russia. Who else?

HFboards.com has a whole list of rosters for each respective country participating in the WJCs.

http://hfboards.com/...display.php?f=4

#9 runaroundace

runaroundace

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Rooch20 @ Dec 12 2010, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HFboards.com has a whole list of rosters for each respective country participating in the WJCs.

http://hfboards.com/...display.php?f=4

by just skimming that for a little bit as far as I can tell the only ducks prospects this year will be Palmieri, and Etem for USA, Bobkov for russia, and Vattinen for Finland. I am assuming that means Illo is to old for Slovakia? I don't see why else he wouldn't make the team as he was one of there better players last year. Also it doesn't look like we have anyone playing for canada this year. If i'm missing anyone let me know, but as far as I can tell we just have those 4 prospects playing this year.

#10 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

New season, same hopes. Let's Go Ducks!

• Admin
  • 70,838 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:48 AM

Emerson Etem is approaching his next big hockey opportunity in fairly businesslike fashion.

Close to 6 a.m. this morning, this 18-year-old, right-winger for the Medicine Hat Tigers started his trip to take part in the main training camp for the United States world junior team. On Wednesday, Etem said wasn’t nervous about what was in front of him.

Having gone through numerous big hockey experiences like playing for the United States under-17 development team and also being selected in the first round and 29th overall in June’s NHL Entry Draft by the Anaheim Ducks, Etem feels he has become accustomed to dealing with the bright lights.

<link>

#11 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,838 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

#12 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,838 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:43 PM

Kyle Palmieri named to 2011 US National Team Junior Team Roster

Palmieri, Etem make U.S. world junior team

#13 runaroundace

runaroundace

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

Palmieri, Etem, and Vatanen all played good yesterday, although I don't think any of them had a point. Palmieri, and Etem both had a ton of scoring chances just barely missing on a couple of goals. Vatanen looked like finlands best defenseman getting minutes on both the powerplay and the penalty kill. The three of them are fun to watch and i will be watching them throughout the tournament.

Bobkov did good in the frist period against canada. he only allowed one goal in the first period and it was when a forward was sitting on him and another forward put the puck in......the 2nd and 3rd period however he let in 5 more goals one was kind of a flukey goal but a couple probably should have been stopped. he did face something like 42 shots and canada clearly has a better junior team than russia, so i look forward to seeing how he does against the other teams. Hopefully he can play as good as he did last year when he was russias best player.

#14 FightingIrishDuck

FightingIrishDuck

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

Palmieri scored twice added an assist, and was named as the USA's player of the game in their 6-1 win over Slovakia. Also, Etem scored once. Palmieri had a very impressive showing in the first period.

#15 TheSniper

TheSniper

Legend

• Members
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

sami v is going to be legit

#16 Always Mighty

Always Mighty

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

I was able to catch the 1st period of the game and Palmieri was flying out there. He was so close to the hat trick a number of times. I really like his game and he could become an impact player for the Ducks.

#17 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,838 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:41 PM

On the front page of NHL.com:

{click on image for larger view}
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"My line (with Chris Kreider and Charlie Coyle) was playing pretty well," Palmieri said. "We had chemistry going and we were fortunate to draw a couple of penalties early by using our speed and then convert on the power play, which is good for the team. We carried that momentum throughout the game."

<link>

#18 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 9,662 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

Etem looked good too, but Palmieri really was the star. We are due to produce another forward or two here ....

#19 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,838 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

"In a short tournament like this you have to have a short memory," said Palmieri, who has nine goals and 13 points in 20 games with Syracuse of the AHL. "You have one bad game, you have to go back out there. You don't have time to sulk about it. You go out there the next night and just keep playing the way you [normally do with energy]. ... [Tuesday night] I was fortunate to get those lucky bounces that I didn't get the other night. It felt good. It goes a long way toward our confidence as a line and confidence as a team."

<link>

#20 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,838 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

Fowler, 19, would have been eligible to play in the tournament again but USA Hockey understandably didn’t broach the possibility with him.

“I think Anaheim made it clear that they wanted me here,” Fowler said with a smile.
Brandon McMillan, a member of Canada’s silver-medal team in last year’s World Juniors, remains friends with several of the players and was excited to see them make it back to the finals.

He stopped short of talking smack to Fowler, though.

“I don’t want to start that because he’ll get it back at me that they won last year,” McMillan said.

<OCR blog entry by CZ>

#21 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,838 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:52 AM

#22 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,838 posts