• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,309 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

A quick note to pass along that the Ducks will hold their annual conditioning camp for top prospects and young players from June 30-July 5 at Anaheim Ice.

<OCR blog entry by Stephens>

#2 TheSniper

TheSniper

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:09 PM

wish i still lived there because this years will be a very interesting one that i would love to attend....lots of guys i would love to watch out there

#3 runaroundace

runaroundace

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

I will be there

#4 TroyLoney

TroyLoney

The franchise's first captain

• Members
  • 7,958 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be there at least one day on the weekend.

#5 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,309 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

Thursday's scrimmage is the only part of the prospect camp that's open to the public

The Ducks will host their annual prospect conditioning camp scrimmage at THE RINKS Anaheim ICE on Thursday, June 30, beginning at 9 a.m. Fans and media are invited to attend the hour-long open scrimmage session, which is free of charge to the general public.

<link>

Roster

#6 HillerGirl

HillerGirl

Legend

• Members
  • 14,650 posts
  • Interests:Ducks, Avs, Nuckies :)

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:38 AM

DSP (or is he Devo? laugh.gif )
Day 1 of rook camp complete. About to muck with @Cramberry16. He might have to carry me there #piggyback #legsaregassed

#7 DuckNewbie

DuckNewbie

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

A scrimmage review by JP Hoornstra: LINK

Unless it improves dramatically in the next three months, Smith-Pelly's fitness level will keep him from making the NHL this season.

That's disappointing! (Particularly, since I just made the prediction that he'd make the squad this year....Good thing I don't predict for a living).

Three of Wagner's four goals were no fluke and it's clear he has some good hands.

Wagner scores 4 goals?! There's a guy nobody around here talks about....

Emerson Etem's build has improved tremendously over the last year.

Good news there! I've heard it said that he's a workout nut. (Maybe we can have Smith-Pelly follow him around for awhile.....)

Of the players on the ice, the one who looked arguably the most NHL-ready isn't planning on coming to training camp. Schultz has some tremendous skating and puck-handling skills for a defenseman,

Good news there as well. With the trading away of Gardiner, we need Schultz to come through.

#8 DuckNoire

DuckNoire

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:53 AM

Huh? Who is Wagner?

Good to hear Etem might be ready to step it up. If DSP can get in shape, those 2 are probably going to be in the lineup next year. IMO at least.

#9 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,309 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:58 AM

Chris Wagner scored four goals to lead the Black team to a come-from-behind, 8-6 victory over the White team in an intrasquad scrimmage to open the Ducks' conditioning camp at Anaheim Ice.

A fifth-round pick of the Ducks in 2010, Wagner had nine goals and 10 assists along with 26 penalty minutes in his freshman season at Colgate.

<OCR link>

Photo gallery

Emerson Etem watches the puck during a scrimmage Thursday at Anaheim ICE.
(John W. Adkisson, OCR)

#10 Markus78

Markus78

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:12 AM

Wagner has been a tremendous pic IMO future 3rd liner who will surprise a lot of people. I thought he had a good first year at College 9G 10 A is pretty solid.

#11 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,309 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:23 AM

Etem interview with Kent French

#12 miguel17

miguel17

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (DuckNewbie @ Jun 30 2011, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's disappointing! (Particularly, since I just made the prediction that he'd make the squad this year....Good thing I don't predict for a living).

I still believe that Devante can be ready in september...

#13 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,309 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:32 AM

I feel Im a lot more mature, said Etem, who signed a three-year entry-level deal with the Ducks on May 19. I just try to set a good example and move my feet every time I get the puck. I feel a lot stronger and faster. All the guys are good out here and trying to make a statement.
I just think another year and I will feel like Im 100 percent ready to make the jump, Schultz said. The biggest thing for me is getting stronger during the summer in Madison. Ill be working on my defensive game throughout the year.
It feels very good, said Rakell, who calls Sundbyberg, Sweden home. Seeing what a normal day for an NHLer looks like makes you want to come get it. This is the first time I have seen palm trees for real. Its great. Warm weather and playing hockey, it cant get any better.
This was a dream of mine, said Gibson, who will play at the University of Michigan. Im just trying to take it all in and enjoy it. Out here in California is a nice place to be. Its a great organization. You cant really ask for much better than that.

<link>

#14 PatoPreto

PatoPreto

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

Will there be an evening scrimmage this year? I think there were two last year. I can't make it to anything in the morning but I thoroughly enjoy these camps.

#15 Mike_Gastonguay

Mike_Gastonguay

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

Anyone have an idea who Kellan Lain is or where he came from? I don't recall ANA signing or drafting him?

#16 MrsBevo

MrsBevo

Hockeyaholic

• Mods
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

Free agent from Superior State. Another one of McNab's college hopeful diamonds in the rough.

QUOTE (Mike_Gastonguay @ Jul 1 2011, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone have an idea who Kellan Lain is or where he came from? I don't recall ANA signing or drafting him?

#17 Mike_Gastonguay

Mike_Gastonguay

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (MrsBevo @ Jul 1 2011, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Free agent from Superior State. Another one of McNab's college hopeful diamonds in the rough.

Thanks a ton MrsBevo! smile.gif

#18 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

It's hockey season!

• Admin
  • 70,309 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

2011 Conditioning Camp roster breakdown

{click on image for readable version}
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#19 bisha

bisha

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

Who the hell is JP hoornstra? We know your still new to the game of hockey, but irresponsible writings like this are why player grow to dislike your type!
First off...nobody can access any one players fitness level in a non-contact 4on4 scrim. Second, your not in the room, were not part of the two a day workouts, taking weight or bmi stats, so your attack on one player is not even worth the time you took to write it.
Three, here's a kid who just finished playing probaly over 100 games and was two wins away from doing only what Hall has done in ohl mvp and mem cup mvp and your chirping his fitness again in a non-contact 4on4 scrim? Give your head a shake partner!
We all know the love affair for the local boy etem to make the team, but let's see what happens when DSP plasters him into the wall or gets into his face. I know what will happen...nothing! So he can skate as fast as he wants in a 4on4 non-contact game of shinny. He should be skating faster than anyone. His season ended a longtime ago and he drove to the camp and didn't travel across the country.
Let's wait until the first check is thrown and then let's see what JP whatever has to say. Oh by the way...swear I say DSP score twice in the shinny game. Not bad for a quy who was "coasting"
QUOTE (DuckNewbie @ Jun 30 2011, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A scrimmage review by JP Hoornstra: LINK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users