letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

I told you so.

Apologies being accepted.

Edmonton didn't want him or Foster. With the contract situation in mind, we all know why now.

#527 Burns94

Burns94

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

I thought the bet was if he got to 30 points? Oh, he didn't even get that many....

#528 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 19,152 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

With all the chatter about Saku Koivu becoming our third line center, it just occurred to me Bob Murray might just pencil in Cogliano to pivot the second line.

Oh happy day!

#529 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

New season, same hopes. Let's Go Ducks!

• Admin
  • 71,071 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

#530 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 71,071 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Interview the day before the game ...

"You know what, I think I've been playing well," Cogliano said Monday. "This is probably the most consistent I've played in my career. Sometimes it doesn't goes in, sometimes it does. I've been really happy with how I've been working. Playing with those guys.

"I've been getting good feedback from Bruce. It's been good. I feel like our line's been something that has really helped the team and brought a positive thing, creating depth throughout the lineup."

OCR blog entry by Stephens

#531 HillerGirl

HillerGirl

Legend

• Members
  • 14,778 posts
  • Interests:Ducks, Avs, Nuckies :)

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

i absolutely loved his reaction to the goal. so infectious: from stick whack at the ice to that wide beaming smile.

#532 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 19,152 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

i absolutely loved his reaction to the goal. so infectious: from stick whack at the ice to that wide beaming smile.

Yep, and I think Cogs is the perfect example of the great chemistry this team has. He gets his role, he likes his teammates, he is connected to his coach, and dammit, he's a fun guy!

This is an entertaining team. GO DUCKS!

#533 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 71,071 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Posted Image
Andrew Cogliano #7 of the Anaheim Ducks celebrates his game-tying goal in the third period against the Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center on February 12, 2013 in Chicago, Illinois. The Ducks defeated the Blackhawks 3-2 in a shootout. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)

#534 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image
Andrew Cogliano #7 of the Anaheim Ducks celebrates his game-tying goal in the third period against the Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center on February 12, 2013 in Chicago, Illinois. The Ducks defeated the Blackhawks 3-2 in a shootout. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)

Great shot!

#535 HillerGirl

HillerGirl

Legend

• Members
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

i was half expecting for goal to be called of for "no helmet" :lol:

it was representative of Cogliano's effort: work, hustle, fly, fight, lost lid? who cares! i'm going in!
nice to see him rewarded.

#536 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 71,071 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Posted Image

No one pulls a fly-by on Andrew Cogliano, who will not be denied his hug.

"You're Superman and I'm Superman's cape!"

link

#537 rollingdux

rollingdux

Legend

• Members
  • 7,447 posts
  • Interests:Hockey!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

I love Cogliano's reaction to his goal in St. Louis. He was so excited he skated by Winnik who was ready for a celebration hug.

#538 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 19,152 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Andrew Cogliano is the straw that stirs the Ducks' drink.

Or something like that.

But honestly, he has had an outstanding season for this team. I'd say he is a perfect example of how the Ducks have picked up their game this year, and has added so many critical plays at critical times. I think Bruce Boudreau is the perfect coach for Cogs... or it sure seems so. Coach has put him in the ideal place for his strengths (which I see as his speed and his work ethic... always jetting) to really contribute.

#539 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 9,834 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

He started a little slow, but adding some scoring to his hard work and speed? He is a really big reason we have been so good.

#540 ducks4adam98

ducks4adam98

Quack

• Members
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Is he... Can he even... I don't even know. Love this guy.

#541 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 19,152 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

How do you spell heart?

C-O-G-L-I-A-N-O

#542 HockeyHeaven

HockeyHeaven

Legend

• Members
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

I said it when they signed him: the guy is a gamer. He's made of iron.

#543 rollingdux

rollingdux

Legend

• Members
  • 7,447 posts
  • Interests:Hockey!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Lost some teeth and didn't even miss a shift. :wub:

#544 HillerGirl

HillerGirl

Legend

• Members
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

someone so needs to photoshop his face onto this
Posted Image

damn... that must have hurt like crazy... i guess adrenaline and emotions were on overdrive

#545 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 71,071 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Did you know Andrew Cogliano of the Anaheim Ducks has appeared in 439 consecutive games?

Maybe if Brandon Bollig knew that, he’d have been a tad more courteous with his lumber on Wednesday night, as the Chicago Blackhawks forward popped Cogliano in the mouth with his stick late in the third period of their Western Conference showdown.

link

#546 letsgoducksdotcom

letsgoducksdotcom

Legend

• Members
  • 9,834 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

I don't think you'd have to go back too far in this thread to find me ripping on Cogliano.

But right now? If you had to vote for team MVP I think the voting would or should go:

Getzlaf
Beauchemin
Cogliano

And I think you could make a pretty good argument that he should be second.

He's done EVERYTHING so far this year. Defense, offense, grit, special teams play. He almost got sprung about 4 times last night on breakaways. Getzlaf with the puck coming out of the Dzone with Cogliano racing to the far end is about a 50/50 shot at getting a clean breakaway.

#547 HillerGirl

HillerGirl

Legend

• Members
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Don't forget how he and Etem laugh in the face of PK lately.

"oh you thought you will play in our zone and have SOGs on your PP? that's cute"

#548 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 19,152 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Last I checked, your mouth was a part of your head.

Why should that blatantly intentional pitchfork highstick to Cogliano's mouth not be considered a headshot?

It was reckless, it was dangerous, it was intentional, it was irresponsible, it caused injury, and oh... it's also against the rules. Several of the rules, as a matter of fact.

What's it gonna take for the NHL to crack down on the gratuitous violence towards the human head??? This complete lack of respect for another human being that this league endorses by its tolerance of such violence...

Would they get the message if someone in a Ducks sweater gillooly'd Bollig in public with a steel pipe to the teeth? Would that escalate things enough to move the issue higher up on the NHL's agenda list? It certainly would highlight the dangerous message it's sending to society.

I probably shouldn't even have mentioned it, and of course it would be detestable and something no one should ever do. But I just wonder what the hell it's going to take to get the NHL off its a* here.

#549 evomacky

evomacky

3rd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

its biased inconsistency.

#550 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

The missed call on Cogs is being blown a little out of proportion. It was a missed call, a bad missed call that could have affected the outcome of the game but there isnt much the league can do after the fact. It was an in game situation and unless you can prove Bollig did it on purpose, the league cant fine or suspend him for something like that. Was it on purpose? Could have been. But the problem is you dont see him wind up and swing or anything. It can easily be passed off as two guys battling with sticks and bolligs jsut gets away from him.

You also have to take a look at the way the game was being called, they were letting the guys play and I commend the refs for that. The refs didnt want the game to be decided by a bad call. They could have had the opposite happen by having the game decided on a no-call, but fortunately it didnt get there.

Cogs showed how tough of a little SOB he is by not missing a shift and took it all in stride. Big props to him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users