578 replies to this topic

#101 DuckNoire

DuckNoire

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

No way Grigorenko or Galchenyuk drop to 6. MTL is in dire need of a center and they will pick one. Columbus will IMO take a forward as well, Islanders are usually picking a forward and should the Leafs pick at 5, you just know they wont draft another D man.

#102 safir8100

safir8100

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

No way Grigorenko or Galchenyuk drop to 6. MTL is in dire need of a center and they will pick one. Columbus will IMO take a forward as well, Islanders are usually picking a forward and should the Leafs pick at 5, you just know they wont draft another D man.

4 forwards, 2 defenders. I could see one of the forwards being left (although Forsberg is not ready for NHL)

#103 rollingdux

rollingdux

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts
  • Interests:Hockey!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

...... so we taking our Schultz replacement? ...... :crybaby:

#104 DuckNoire

DuckNoire

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

From what I have heard he is the most ready physically?

#105 safir8100

safir8100

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

Probably a player not as far in development... :(

:D

From what I have heard he is the most ready physically?

Forsberg? Haha no. His biggest advantage is his possible long term upside. I would imagine he's one of the furthest away from being NHL ready of those in the top 10 or so.

#106 DuckNoire

DuckNoire

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

Forsberg? Haha no. His biggest advantage is his possible long term upside. I would imagine he's one of the furthest away from being NHL ready of those in the top 10 or so.

Very interesting. I thought I read that on TSN or something. Could be wrong though. Anyway I am already praying for Dumba, him being a filipino as well :D

#107 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

New season, same hopes. Let's Go Ducks!

• Admin
  • 70,595 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

TSN's Lottery Edition NHL draft rankings

From NHL.com:
North American Skaters Final Rankings

North American Goalies Final Rankings

European Skaters Final Rankings

European Goalies Final Rankings

#108 safir8100

safir8100

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

TSN's Lottery Edition NHL draft rankings

From NHL.com:
North American Skaters Final Rankings

North American Goalies Final Rankings

European Skaters Final Rankings

European Goalies Final Rankings

Forsberg:

Height 6'2 Weight: 181 lbs.
Yup, he's the least bulky of the lot ;)

#109 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,595 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Here's 10 players the Ducks might be interested in.

#110 DropThePuck

DropThePuck

• Admin
  • 70,595 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Who could the Ducks take if they keep that pick? GM Bob Murray‘s philosophy is to take the best available player but a number of defensemen could be around then.

Ryan Murray of the Western Hockey League’s Everett Silvertips might be gone but Griffin Reinhart of the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings, Mathew Dumba of the Red Deer Rebels and Morgan Rielly of the Moose Jaw Warriors. Jacob Trouba of the U.S. under-18 team is another high-end rearguard.

Forwards that could be available to the Ducks are Swedish winger Filip Forsberg, Czech-born center Radek Faksa of the Ontario Hockey League’s Kitchener Rangers and Finnish winger Teuvo Teravainen.

OCR blog entry by Stephens

#111 safir8100

safir8100

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/dr...ature/?id=62451

6. Anaheim Ducks

Player: Teuvo Teravainen
Position: Right Wing
Craig's Notes: Call him small, call him light but he's a highly skilled, dynamic player.

9. Winnipeg Jets

Player: Matt Dumba
Position: Defence
Craig's Notes: Can impact game in so many ways. Skill, skating, defensively, offensively and physically.

Sigh TSN...really trying to suck up to your audience?

#112 safir8100

safir8100

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Anyways, this is how I'd see the picks play out before us, assuming no trades:

1. EDM - Yakupov - best player available
2. CBJ - Murray - evading the Russians
3. MTL - Grigorenko - Quebec league + Roy connections
4. NYI - ?? - who knows - heard a rumor that NYI is taking a defenceman in this draft.
--> that would give us a chance to take Forsberg
5. TOR - Galchenyuk - if NYI didn't take him yet, they really want the big C

That leaves us with Dumba or Forsberg as our best choices. Of course, Murray could have something else on his mind.

#113 Sloth

Sloth

2nd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Because we all know the Ducks could use another RW -_-

#114 Number8

Number8

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

We need LW or Center help right now. We're set on goaltending, and we have some defesemen on the way. We would be better suited to draft a defenseman that is further away from the NHL at the moment. If we get a solid LW, we could use him pretty quickly.

#115 safir8100

safir8100

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

We need LW or Center help right now. We're set on goaltending, and we have some defesemen on the way. We would be better suited to draft a defenseman that is further away from the NHL at the moment. If we get a solid LW, we could use him pretty quickly.

So we should trade then...which Murray might not do

Most likely the guys we're picking ain't helping us immediately, except maybe one of the defencemen.

#116 RGS_Quack93

RGS_Quack93

Destiny is Heart, Sacrifice and Passion

• Members
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Seems everyone forgets how Fowler, a top 5 prospect, fell to the Ducks at 12. Drafts are funny and rarely go how people think they will.

As for trading up, ask yourself, how big of a difference will that #3 be from your #6? Is it worth the extra picks or talent? Doubtful.

The Ducks can benefit from the best player available. They will lose Schultz so they could use a filler there, they need a center and they also need a competent LW. You have 3 positions to attack, gives you some nice wiggle room with your draft pick.

#117 safir8100

safir8100

4th Line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Seems everyone forgets how Fowler, a top 5 prospect, fell to the Ducks at 12. Drafts are funny and rarely go how people think they will.

As for trading up, ask yourself, how big of a difference will that #3 be from your #6? Is it worth the extra picks or talent? Doubtful.

The Ducks can benefit from the best player available. They will lose Schultz so they could use a filler there, they need a center and they also need a competent LW. You have 3 positions to attack, gives you some nice wiggle room with your draft pick.

Oh I was talking about trading for an established center. Pick shuffling hardly makes sense.

We'll pick the BPA in the draft and hopefully Murray can deal Schultz for something like Franson + conditional 2nd

#118 Sloth

Sloth

2nd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Oh I was talking about trading for an established center. Pick shuffling hardly makes sense.

We'll pick the BPA in the draft and hopefully Murray can deal Schultz for something like Franson + conditional 2nd

No one is going to give us anything for Schultz. If he is going to walk, as another GM I would not trade for his rights. Reasoning behind that is they will have an opportunity of courting him without losing anything and secondly his reasons for leaving Anaheim are selfish so I have no idea that he wont turn around and burn me.

If Boston wins the cup or any other team that is chalk full of centers than I can see us getting a good deal for our 1st as these teams will be hard pressed to retain their club due to the cup salary bump. But at 6th, there is a slim chance you will draft someone who can come directly into the NHL and be an impact. I know Fowler was drafted later but at a career +/- -50 something, you are going to have to dazzle me to hand over a bona fide top 6 center for a green prospect.

My concern is who do we add to the 1st round pick to make the trade feasible. We cant trade Perry, Ryan, Fower, Sbisa, Beachemin, and Getzlaf (he sucked at putting up goals but he brings a lot of intangibles as well as our current best choice for captain). That leaves Visnovsky, Palmieri, and Holland as the best trade bait. I would like to keep Palms as he is our best choice when Selanne decides to retire. That leaves an aging blue liner who struggled this year and an untested center prospect.

I leave out Lydman as he is too banged up to be of any significant value. This can be done I just see it tricky and should be handled with care as we will not be receiving a 1st round pick this year if the trade goes through.

#119 Number8

Number8

1st Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

So we should trade then...which Murray might not do

Most likely the guys we're picking ain't helping us immediately, except maybe one of the defencemen.

Yeah. I think we might trade down again depending on who is taken 1-5. Also, maybe we trade the number 6 for a bigger named player at the draft.

#120 ladiesandgentlemen

ladiesandgentlemen

Legend

• Members
  • 18,549 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

I just cringe when I think about Bob Murray doing any trades.

You just know his best friend pickpocket Brian Burke will come calling, trying to convince him that he needs a change of leadership in the locker room and that he'll take Getzlaf off our hands. Or cajoling Murray into using Bobby Ryan as the scapegoat for "the players letting him down", and unloading his TOR millstone trade legacy Phil Kessel back for Ryan, while squeezing something else out of him in the deal like he did with Jake Gardiner in the Beauchemin debacle.

I really wish the Ducks would fire Murray ASAP, and bring in someone like Paul Fenton from NSH that is already up to speed on this draft, knows how to build a solid foundation on a budget, and also knows Anaheim.

#121 DuckNoire

DuckNoire

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

Talking about trading...I was thinking. Would you trade our 1st this year + Toni Lydman for Brayden Schenn?

#122 Sloth

Sloth

2nd Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

Talking about trading...I was thinking. Would you trade our 1st this year + Toni Lydman for Brayden Schenn?

Lydman was bad this year due do lingering injury(s) from last year. He also finished this year with an upper and lower body injury. I also expect him to start the year in late nov- mid dec. He's banged up

#123 German Rocket #7

German Rocket #7

The gunslinger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:Guess what? It's hockey! x.x

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

Definitely no. As good as Schenn may be, but our first PLUS Lydman would be a huge overpayment by the Ducks IMO. Schenn is a depth player (albeit a great one at that, I admit) for the Flyers right now and while he might very well become their long-term second line center and PP1 guy, he is not worth that much to the Flyers.

#124 TroyLoney

TroyLoney

The franchise's first captain

• Members
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Lydman + 1st round pick for Brayden Schenn? 100% yes. The Flyers would never go for that, though. Ever.

#125 DuckNoire

DuckNoire

Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

Interesting how the rankings seem to change every month. TSN released Craig's list yesterday and this is how it looks like:

1. Nail Yakupov
2. Mathew Dumba
3. Morgan Rielly
4. Alex Galchenyuk
5. Teuvo Teravainen
6. Griffin Reinhart
7. Filip Forsberg
8. Malcolm Subban
9. Matt Finn
10. Hampus Lindholm
11. Cody Ceci
12. Ryan Murray
13. Jacob Trouba
20. Mikhail Grigorenko

http://www.tsn.ca/dr...ature/?id=49649

I can already see us drafting that Teravainen guy...just because he is Finish. Doubt he is the right choice for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users